• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Melisandre (Game of Thrones) Possible Ability Removal

For the books, it was confirmed by the author that it was not curse manipulation:

"You’re supposed to debate that. Melisandre wanted everyone to think that the spell she did with the leeches killed the three kings, but there is another explanation: Her ability to see the future through the flames showed her that the kings were going to die because of the machinations of other characters. Seeing their deaths were coming, she just staged this demonstration to take credit for their deaths." Fire Cannot kill a Dragon (James Hibberd)

And the show was faithful with that passage of the books, and I don't think the showrunners actually made Melisandre the murderer of the three kings by giving her such power. Thoughts ?

I don't think trying to apply a change to the show with a statement from the books or the author is correct. Because, although the showrunners were "very faithful" in the first 3 seasons, they still took many creative liberties, which became much more noticeable as the show progressed. And IIRC, in the books there are some doubts about the magic or existence of R'hllor, whereas in the show he is clearly there and is one of the most important points in the whole plot. Although if the other members still see it doubtful I propose to put a "Possibly Curse Manipulation", since in the show it isn't confirmed unlike in the books

Back