• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Meliodas vs. Kratos

Most of what I am seeing here indicates that Kratos is the winner. More skilled, more experient, better variery of powers, just better on general stats (At least Island+ in AP and dura VS Island AP and Mountain dura)... Kratos should win, mid-high diff.

Well, they are both fighters with nearly the same AP, endurance, durability, and experience...the only thing which seems to differentiate them is their speed (Meliodas is massively hypersonic+ in movement speed at the very least while Kratos can only react at that level). What hax does God of War have? I'm leaning towards Meliodas but the only hax that he really has is his black flames, so that can easily change the battle.

EliminatorVenom said:
Most of what I am seeing here indicates that Kratos is the winner. More skilled, more experient, better variery of powers, just better on general stats (At least Island+ in AP and dura VS Island AP and Mountain dura)... Kratos should win, mid-high diff.
You should take a look at Meliodas' age. He's not exactly young or inexperienced. I'd also like to know where this scaling for Kratos is coming from, considering OBD's Small Island level scaling for Kratos.

Alakabamm said:
EliminatorVenom said:
You should take a look at Meliodas' age. He's not exactly young or inexperienced. I'd also like to know where this scaling for Kratos is coming from, considering OBD's Small Island level scaling for Kratos.
I know that he isn't unexperienced, I am just saying that Kratos is more experient.

It comes from Ares, that raised 4 mountains, yet, Kratos wasn't at his peak at the time.

Also, it seems that Kratos' profile was updated. Instead of Island+ Level, it is At Least Island Level. Oops.

Well, Meliodas' AP clocks in at 40 gigs, whereas Kratos is scaled off a 11 gig feat high end (along with durability as well). This - and his lack of movement speed - are his disadvantages. It says time manipulation in Kratos' profile, how does that work? I'd like to think that by current feats, Kratos can win if he scores a couple definite hits in time stop on Meliodas, but I don't know what Kratos has shown in terms of those hax.

Well his hax includes he can turn you to stone with the head of Medusa. Can create pseudo black holes along with some time manipulation. Soul rip hax thanks to the claws of hades can rip the souls out of his oppenants and used them for battle he has hades soul in his possession as well. Head of Apollo allows him to blind his oppenants with light of the sun. And some various electric, water, earth, and fire manipulation abilities as well.

Well, I am actually pretty sure he has a precedent for resisting being turned to stone given that he helped free Merlin when Galan turned her to stone and Meliodas himself probably also has soul hax (being a demon). From what I have looked up, it also looks like Kratos can't actually slow down or stop time, merely go back in time using a loom of some sort.

Based on that, I'm going with Meliodas.

Merlin was never turned into stone it was an illusion created by Merlin when she con galan into thinking he killed everyone to get him to leave cause she knew they couldn't take him at this time.. Two the verse is extremely weak to soul hax the demon girl pushed a power level 50000 escanor soul out without any trouble and escanor was above melidas at that point so no karatos takes this thanks to soul hax unless melidos is immune to demon curses which would mean galans lie thing shouldn't have worked on himself which it did.

Minstry of pain said:
Merlin was never turned into stone it was an illusion created by Merlin when she con galan into thinking he killed everyone to get him to leave cause she knew they couldn't take him at this time.. Two the verse is extremely weak to soul hax the demon girl pushed a power level 50000 escanor soul out without any trouble and escanor was above melidas at that point so no karatos takes this thanks to soul hax unless melidos is immune to demon curses which would mean galans lie thing shouldn't have worked on himself which it did.
Actually it was an illusion created by Gowther and she WAS turned to stone. Additionally, you cite that the "verse" is extremely weak to soul hax, but we have never seen a demon like Meliodas get soul haxed. Only humans appear to be susceptible to it.

Besides, Kratos can't actually turn anything but weaklings to stone, he freezes higher tier enemies for a set period of time with Medusa.

Alakabamm said:
Minstry of pain said:
Actually it was an illusion created by Gowther and she WAS turned to stone. Additionally, you cite that the "verse" is extremely weak to soul hax, but we have never seen a demon like Meliodas get soul haxed. Only humans appear to be susceptible to it.
Besides, Kratos can't actually turn anything but weaklings to stone, he freezes higher tier enemies for a set period of time with Medusa.
How would it turn out any different escanor who is clearly the powerhouse of the sins along with ban who's immortal got their souls ripped with out any effort. Saying that might that meldios could resist it cause he's a demon seems false at this point since demons clearly aren't immune to their curses meaning other ones aren't etheir. Not to reiterate the fact still stands a guy almost 3x meldios had his soul ripped with no problem what so ever. So far theirs not much a difference between all the other races except that demons seem the more powerful and until shown the verse is super weak to soul hax

1. Soul ripping isn't a demon curse

2. Only humans have shown vulnerability to soul ripping in series. Ban is a human. Escanor is a human.

3. Because of (2), generalizing to the entire verse is an assumption. Nothing of what I said was an assumption.

For those reasons, Meliodas.

Generalizing off one small point and making and argument without any proof other than speculation is the problem here. Your trying to make a basis off well mel should have some resistance cause he's a demon OK that's even if though it's been shown the strongest character so far in the verse had his soul ripped. Nice so off little explanation your making this leap even though meliodos hasn't shown and its been established that the strongest in the verse got soul ripped. Also hes not only fighting kratos since thanks to the chains of hades he can summon souls he's ripped including hades himself meaning mel has to contest with two island busting guys at the same time.

Because Meliodas has never been soul ripped and demons themselves have never been soul ripped, I am not assuming anything. Also, has Kratos ever shown the ability to summon as strong as Hades before?

It's heavily implied he's able to hades was doing it with the titans when he ripped atlas soul and than made him hold up mount Olympus and the mortal realm. See no reason why he cant he wielded the chains better than hades did and hades had control over atlas. Most the base line point to the chains being able to summon what ever they've ripped since when hades and kratos weilded them. Also sorry if I'm coming off rude just trying establish a base line of reason.

Well, I looked it up and it seemed like Atlas wasn't actually under Hades command, just forced to hold up the world on his shoulder. Persephone even managed to free him and he was able to act on his own. I see the skill that you are referencing, but it looks like it only summons fodder characters.

o my god meliodas power level is 30k when he is normal and he is in his surpressed form not in his no control demon form who did destroy Danafor in one attack and did dealdy injure dreyfuse sametime

Hmm? There's nothing to suggest full power meliodas is stronger as a berserker, seeing as his 30k+ power level was only clocked in when he was said to be "in full control of his wrath." As for destroying Danafor, we never saw the fight, just the end result (which was calc'ed at 30 gigatons for pulverization damage).

IT was one attack that destroyed HOLE DANAFORE with one attack so you are telling me that berserker is strong as full power noooo.

Exactly even the area feat of small island level was scaled to kratos at the beginning of the game by the end of the series including god form kratos and GOW3 kratos should be way stronger than area for GOW1 but that's why meliodos and kratos profiles have potentially higher on DC and dura. Inconclusive this match up should till we get more out o meliodos beserker form.

Minstry of pain said:
Exactly even the area feat of small island level was scaled to kratos at the beginning of the game by the end of the series including god form kratos and GOW3 kratos should be way stronger than area for GOW1 but that's why meliodos and kratos profiles have potentially higher on DC and dura. Inconclusive this match up should till we get more out o meliodos beserker form.
We only go by current feats and realistic scaling on this wiki and typically don't wait for an update unless it is iminent. I don't know if Mel is going to have a good showing this arc, maybe he will but we should decide based on current feats/scaling IMO.

Also, Lejon, Kratos has thousands of years of experience as well. They're both pretty skilled fighters.

Alakabamm said:
Well, Meliodas' AP clocks in at 40 gigs, whereas Kratos is scaled off a 11 gig feat high end (along with durability as well). This - and his lack of movement speed - are his disadvantages. It says time manipulation in Kratos' profile, how does that work? I'd like to think that by current feats, Kratos can win if he scores a couple definite hits in time stop on Meliodas, but I don't know what Kratos has shown in terms of those hax.
where does meliodas 40 gigs come from?

Nope he gets his soul ripped out by kratos simply put the only argument to counter this is he's a demon which holds almost no ground due to many cases in the verse debunking it not only that the entire demon clan was sealed by the goddesses along with again reiterating the fact escanor who is way stronger than melidos had his soul pushed out like it was nothing. And again other races in verse have issues with soul manipulation elves have shown no resistance or do I need to bring up both Kings sister and friend.

escanors soul was still sentinent and lively enough to kill mera from the inside. if you take a look at bans soul when it was pushed out it was sentinent as well and able to think.

i as well do not get your point with elaine (kings sister) and helbram (his friend) - neither of these guys have been soul manipulated when they were alive. helbram was revived with hendricksons enslavement of the dead after his initial death

and elaine actually "resisted" the soul manipulation of her dead body. so if any, thats more a point against your "everyone is equally vulnerable" theory

doesnt matter tho when kratos has to face a mach 2k 40gig tonner in the first place

Back