• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Megatron (2007 DS Games) vs Metal Gear RAY.

Alright so I'm assuming the AP gap is slightly bigger than CAB vs RAY due to the latter being a bit more advanced, and I do think his ranged options are a lot better than what Megatron has- a huge ass laser and several secondary guns vs a single arm cannon, I think

Alright so I'm assuming the AP gap is slightly bigger than CAB vs RAY due to the latter being a bit more advanced, and I do think his ranged options are a lot better than what Megatron has- a huge ass laser and several secondary guns vs a single arm cannon, I think
True, however Megatron has something C-A-B didn't. A bunch of Summons that while weaker than C-A-B and Optimus Prime, could still hurt them + they explode when destroyed which also hurts you and Megatron can summon as many of these as he wants with no penalty to himself, albeit like 3 or 4 at a time. 3 or 4 isn't the Maximum he can have, that's just how many he can summon at once.

If they're weaker than someone who's weaker than Megatron, while I'm not saying they won't be able to hurt RAY, they likely will be dispatched with one or two attacks, and if a lot appear RAY might destroy them all with his beam.

If they're weaker than someone who's weaker than Megatron, while I'm not saying they won't be able to hurt RAY, they likely will be dispatched with one or two attacks, and if a lot appear RAY might destroy them all with his beam.
Yes, but they make Excellent distractions since he summons them without even thinking about it. It's basically passive.

I see, that is useful then, especially since RAY doesn't really have a true intelligence, just good combat AI, though I'd wager it's able to pick priority targets. Do they have ranged attacks?

I see, that is useful then, especially since RAY doesn't really have a true intelligence, just good combat AI, though I'd wager it's able to pick priority targets. Do they have ranged attacks?
Yeah, they have this little Laser Beam they fire kinda like a Bolt Action Rifle. It takes a second between each shot.

Explosions probably don't matter, Ray mostly fights at range and I think that might get it the win, it's got a lot of guns and missiles and AOE, so the ads are dispatched with relative ease, and the giant beam can likely destroy most of them and hurt Megatron, considering the shape of the arena.

Explosions probably don't matter, Ray mostly fights at range and I think that might get it the win, it's got a lot of guns and missiles and AOE, so the ads are dispatched with relative ease, and the giant beam can likely destroy most of them and hurt Megatron, considering the shape of the arena.
He can summon them from a pretty decent distance from himself. Starscream could summon them from like a 40 meters away from him in two separate locations at the same time when he had the Allspark in the Decepticons Campaign.

Plus, Megatron has the exact same Scanning ability that C-A-B and the other Cybertronians have. The only difference is that he can't have multiple Vehicle Modes like C-A-B can.

Fair enough, but still I can see a single beam doing extreme damage to Megatron considering the AP difference and that it's its strongest attack. As for the scanning, well ya could have led with that. Can he transform into RAY, and would he do that in character?

Fair enough, but still I can see a single beam doing extreme damage to Megatron considering the AP difference and that it's its strongest attack. As for the scanning, well ya could have led with that. Can he transform into RAY, and would he do that in character?
If he's willing to get rid of his Vehicle Form he could, but he wouldn't be able to get it back. It's not really in-character, but he's also dealing with a Massive Ass Mech, and that's at least twice his size which is saying something considering he's pretty damn tall for a Cybertronian, he would probably be at least a little wary of what it can do.

Does damage carry over between forms, like if he turns into RAY too late does he stay half-dead?

Eh, RAY can leap thousands of meters in the air so it shouldn't have too much problem chasing it down

Eh, RAY can leap thousands of meters in the air so it shouldn't have too much problem chasing it down
True, but Megatron can fly and his form can fly into space, so if he's really desperate he can just fly really high into the air, Heal and come back to fight since RAY can't heal all while those Drones keep spawning to fire at RAY.

True, but at the same time with the AP advantage and the size of the beam I feel like if RAY lands a good one the damage is gonna be too much to recover from

True, but at the same time with the AP advantage and the size of the beam I feel like if RAY lands a good one the damage is gonna be too much to recover from
There's like a 2.5x AP difference if you Highball how much RAY upscales from the 8-A Feat, so Megatron definitely isn't getting One-Shot by RAY. Besides, Megatron already regenerated from a massive beating from a bunch of people when he was still Frozen, so I'm sure he'll be fine.

Eh, I'm not saying he'd get one-shot, but he'd probably get heavily damaged, and all of that would be followed by more gunfire and maybe even a physical attack or two. Speaking of that, how does Megatron fight, at a distance?

Eh, I'm not saying he'd get one-shot, but he'd probably get heavily damaged, and all of that would be followed by more gunfire and maybe even a physical attack or two. Speaking of that, how does Megatron fight, at a distance?
Allspark Megatron fights using Ranged Attacks, specifically his Heavy Weapon which is a Scatter Burst Fire Grenade Launcher kind of thing that launches 6 or 7 Explosives at once that he spams, but he does also have this Ground Pound attack that he used to One-Shot Optimus where he jumps like 4x his height into the air and slams his fist into you.

That weapon sounds like it'd have relatively short range, can't RAY just win via superior range?

That weapon sounds like it'd have relatively short range, can't RAY just win via superior range?
Maybe, but Megatron isn't stupid enough to just sit there when he can't hit the enemy. Plus, he can just spawn more Drones underneath RAY or something and have them climb it to so that way when they get damaged they'll explode and deal damage to RAY. Also, RAY kind just sits in one place until you get too close to him in his Boss Fight with Raiden, so Megatron can easily close the gap with his Alt Form to get closer. Btw, his Alt Form has an After Burner that boosts his speed when using it so he technically has a Speed Amp but only in Vehicle Mode.

Ray can probably just slap the drones away while he keeps firing at Megatron, he can regen but his stamina isn't infinite

I mean, his stamina is High without any reasoning, even if he can regen he can't fight forever besides I believe regen being infinite isn't the default assumption idk tho

Back