• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Megamind Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyways, could we calc Metro Man being faster than the satellite laser? I'm not sure if it was Light Speed based on its power source, but I could still calc how fast it traveled to Earth and compare how much Metro Man moved compared to it.

The issue isn't much the laser as it explodes when it hits the dome.
Not really? I mean, sure, maybe I could see it if it exploded from the first frame it hit the dome, but it didn't. That means the laser still has time to move. So, there's absolutely nothing that says it didn't just blast it's way into the dome, and then explode on hitting the ground. You don't even know if the laser hit the tip of the dome and exploded, the whole dome was shining in bright light from top to bottom right before exploding.
We don't really get a good comparison of Metroman in relation to the beam.
What about him flying off-screen while the beam is taking its sweet time blasting its way through the roof of the dome? Just use angsizing to find out how far the beam was when Metro Man moved, find the bare minimum he needs to move to get out of the shot, then angsize again to see how close the beam was after he left the shot.

Last edited:
So is somebody here willing to calculate Metroman's speed feat?

Just use angsizing to find out how far the beam was when Metro Man moved, find the bare minimum he needs to move to get out of the shot, then angsize again to see how close the beam was after he left the shot.
When he comes back the blast had already engulfed the entire observatory. I'm not sure we can get anything from it.

Not really? I mean, sure, maybe I could see it if it exploded from the first frame it hit the dome, but it didn't.
Actually when it hits the dome you can see the laser distort and widen with a flash. It definently had a reaction when it hit the dome, it didn't just plow through it with no issue.

When he comes back the blast had already engulfed the entire observatory. I'm not sure we can get anything from it.
Right, and I'm suggesting we take how long it took him to move out of the screen. This is blatant movement. We can quantify if we lowball.
Actually when it hits the dome you can see the laser distort and widen with a flash.
After a couple of frames. Again: Not instantly, meaning there's time for motion.
It definently had a reaction when it hit the dome, it didn't just plow through it with no issue.
When we see Metro Man talking about how "He never felt more alive" and it cuts to him inside the dome, we can clearly see the top of the dome deform in the shape of the laser. Not the entirety of the thing, just the center of the dome where the laser hits, and the laser is still in motion getting closer to the screen after Metro Man leaves the scene.

Side thing, but technically speaking, the laser was moving is slow motion as well. Couldn't we just scale it to pure reaction speed if we can't get a movement? I'm fairly certain I've seen calculations done in similar vein before.

Last edited:
Side thing, but technically speaking, the laser was moving is slow motion as well. Couldn't we just scale it to pure reaction speed if we can't get a movement? I'm fairly certain I've seen calculations done in similar vein before.
That was what I was thinking we use for a speed.

If not that then some lowball ik regards to reading a self help book within one frame of a camera.

Has what was accepted been applied? It was left unclear to me.

Metroman's feat is relatively easy to calc yes?
Average american walks 1.5 to 2 miles a day. (Easy lowball because Americans)

Metroman spent his entire day in 1 frame of the movie. Which is 30fps.

(1600 * 2) / (1 / 30) = 96000m/s
  • Mach 279.88338
  • Massively Hypersonic
Note this obviously only scales to Metroman when he's actively using his Super Speed, as he seemingly treats it as something he can turn off and on, and has only used it once.

I mean I don't agree that just the amount of walking he did should be used, since he clearly perceived time as slowed down even when he was sitting still, so something like average jogging speed x a day would be better imo

What about multiplying human perception time by the time in a day?

Also I posted above Metroman was blurred for two frames, not one. So it'd he 2/30 rather than 1/30.

Thank you to everybody who are helping out.

Is somebody willing to post the new calculation(s) in a blog post?

The light seems to be moving faster than metroman, so I don’t think that can be taken into consideration.

Would somebody here be willing to handle it then please?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back