• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Megamind Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if he's not moving super fast. What if he's just making the entire world super slow? That would explain the shadows, no?

That isn't the argument I'm making. Using the light rays is valid.
It literally is. He's casting a shadow despite moving FTL because the animators didn't ******* think of it, literally the same idea.

Or, they did and the feat wasn't supposed to be Ftl to begin with. Even the light rays blitz him.
Unfortunately logic proves the opposite. Like, in the very same scene he makes a lightspeed beam look really slow. You know, that beam which is the actual focus of the scene instead of a secondary detail?

Also you can literally pass in front of a camera without being detected by being like, Transonic or something, you're not arguing he is that slow, right?

You can clearly see it moving at a very slow pace as it melts the roof.

You can literally see him fly away from it before it can hit the ground.

And no the speed of the roof melting is very important since the laser is tier 7, it wouldn't be slowed down by the roof in any meaningful way, especially since the roof was not meant to stop it at all.

The laser never hits the ground, and if you watch the scene when he flies outside the explosion has already started, tanking up the whole background.

So have you reached any conclusions here yet?

Okay. So what should we do here then?

I dunno, if someone feels like cleaning up my rough calculation and putting it in a blog, they can go ahead, otherwise idk

Eh, I don't think there's enough evidence for that but at the same time it's not an unreasonable assumption

Can somebody summarise what we still need to do here please?
Basically, Tighten and Megamind should not scale to Metroman in speed because it basically betrays the narrative, as well as the fact that Tighten is repeatedly shown to be inferior to Metroman.

So the solution to this is remove FTL from Megamind and Thighten's profiles entirely. And place Metroman as At least High 8-C for being superior to Tighten.

However some people think that FTL for Metroman is bunk, so my solution until someone makes a calc for him is to "At least Supersonic, likely far higher" Via upscaling from Tighten for previous reasons

Considering majority of the thread has been universally agreed, I think the changes can be applied. Metroman's speed should be left aside until someone makes a calc for his feat

I also got the idea that the speed Metroman went at was a choice thing from the movie, and it is obviously not the speed at which he would always go, I personally believe that Tighten would still warrant something along the lines of "Possibly up to FTL", while Metroman should have "Up to FTL" since we often see him casually flying at subsonic to supersonic speeds.

Megamind on the other hand definitely shouldn't scale at all, that I can agree with completely.

I personally believe that Tighten would still warrant something along the lines of "Possibly up to FTL", while Metroman should have "Up to FTL" since we often see him casually flying at subsonic to supersonic speeds.
I mean, there really isn't anything to show he's as fast as Metroman, as most of the time he's cowering when Metroman is mentioned.

He's shown to have the same abilities, but not the same potency as said abilities. I'm pretty sure it was also pointed out that Megamind stated that Metroman > Tighten. I'll have to find the scan tho

Also, Metroman not flying at FTL speed as always isn't exactly an anti feat. He likely just doesn't have a reason to fly that far

while Metroman should have "Up to FTL" since we often see him casually flying at subsonic to supersonic speeds.
Why would Metroman need to fly in FTL always? even me, normal human being (weak than normal) can run 100 meters in more than 15 seconds, thats my peak speed currently right? but it doesnt means that I will need to go in these speed always, I would I need to run across my home just to go to bedroom to kitchen or from my room to a market to buy food? its not needed, mainly in a verse that nobody even scales to u, like Metroman, there is nobody in that verse that scales to him, so, why would him use FTL most of times? It makes no sense
Tighten would still warrant something along the lines of "Possibly up to FTL"
Tighten has no feats that are even close to it, Metroman can blitz Megamind, as shown here
''''

while tighten despite being fast, megamind still can react to him, so yeah, tighten doesnt scales to Metroman speed

Basically, Tighten and Megamind should not scale to Metroman in speed because it basically betrays the narrative, as well as the fact that Tighten is repeatedly shown to be inferior to Metroman.

So the solution to this is remove FTL from Megamind and Thighten's profiles entirely. And place Metroman as At least High 8-C for being superior to Tighten.

However some people think that FTL for Metroman is bunk, so my solution until someone makes a calc for him is to "At least Supersonic, likely far higher" Via upscaling from Tighten for previous reasons
This seems fine to me at least.

Yes, but I thought that the suggestion was to use "At least [Tighten's attack potency], likely higher" for Metroman.

Yes, but I thought that the suggestion was to use "At least [Tighten's attack potency], likely higher" for Metroman.
The suggestion was to scale Metroman speed to Supersonic likely far higher until someone calc Metroman feat

Have you edited Tighten and Megamind as well?

Okay. Thanks to both of you then.

Do the rest of you think that it is fine if I close this thread then?

Hold on, was Tighten supposed to get that most recent edit? He has now a "Far higher" rating via scaling to Metro Man, which was the whole thing this thread was against?

What do you mean?

Saw this edit just now, and I'm not sure if it was supposed to happen.

Saw this edit just now, and I'm not sure if it was supposed to happen.
That should be removed, who added it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back