• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Megaman vs Ichigo

Since Ichigo's Hollowification is restriced, he's not getting his great speed boost and 6-B nonsense.

Also, sure Ichigo is invisible visually and audibly, but Mega Man isn't idiotic nor is Ichigo intangible.

If he knows that invisible enemy is damaging him, he's going to know to bust out his AoE and danmaku-like abilities like Rain Flush (a literal acid rainstorm), Power Stone, Crystal Eye, Dive Missiles (homing missiles), etc. Not to mention that Mega Man's forcefields can prevent him from taking unnecessary damage.

Mega Man also has experience fighting opponents who utilized time stop (he literally predicted where Flash Man would appear after a time stop and destroyed him with a single hit), who buried underground (Drill Man), teleportation (Shadow Man, Wily Capsule) and invisibility (Wily Capsule). This isn't his first time fighting an unseen enemy who has the drop on him.

Mega Man shouldn't have a problem taking this.

Last edited:
Since Ichigo's Hollowification is restriced, he's not getting his great speed boost and 6-B nonsense.

Also, sure Ichigo is invisible visually and audibly, but Mega Man isn't idiotic nor is Ichigo intangible.

If he knows that invisible enemy is damaging him, he's going to know to bust out his AoE and danmaku-like abilities like Rain Flush (a literal acid rainstorm), Power Stone, Crystal Eye, Dive Missiles (homing missiles), etc. Not to mention that Mega Man's forcefields can prevent him from taking unnecessary damage.

Mega Man also has experience fighting opponents who utilized time stop (he literally predicted where Flash Man would appear after a time stop and destroyed him with a single hit), who buried underground (Drill Man), teleportation (Shadow Man, Wily Capsule) and invisibility (Wily Capsule). This isn't his first time fighting an unseen enemy who has the drop on him.

Mega Man shouldn't have a problem taking this.
^ FRA.

From what I know of Megaman, I really doubt he's going to be spamming huge AoE danmaku moves which would indirectly kill countless random people, the battle takes place in Central Park since OP didn't specify, not even going to mention the fact that he doesn't even have danmaku on his profile.
Time stop isn't at all like being unable to sense your opponent at all, he has zero idea where Ichigo is or what he's doing throughout the entire battle, the only thing he knows is that he does have an opponent.

Also, I'm not sure what you mean in regards to the Wily Capsule since it's never invisible iirc.

Ichigo just walks up to Megaman and cuts him in half, it's quite that simple, there's not a single thing he can or will do about it whilst in character.

I'm pretty sure there are no people around due to SBA. That has to be specified as far as I remember, so Rock can totally just let loose.

I'm pretty sure there are no people around due to SBA. That has to be specified as far as I remember, so Rock can totally just let loose.
Where in SBA does it say there are no people around?

And I'd also like to see something indicating it's in character for him to just spam AoE danmaku moves around him like you're suggesting.

From what I know of Megaman, I really doubt he's going to be spamming huge AoE danmaku moves which would indirectly kill countless random people, the battle takes place in Central Park since OP didn't specify, not even going to mention the fact that he doesn't even have danmaku on his profile.

Time stop isn't at all like being unable to sense your opponent at all, he has zero idea where Ichigo is or what he's doing throughout the entire battle, the only thing he knows is that he does have an opponent.

Also, I'm not sure what you mean in regards to the Wily Capsule since it's never invisible iirc.

Ichigo just walks up to Megaman and cuts him in half, it's quite that simple, there's not a single thing he can or will do about it whilst in character.
All right let's tackle this. This is gonna be lengthy:

Okay that's fine. I'm certain Ichigo wouldn't want to fight in a public setting either due to civilians being in the way. Mega Man isn't some random Hollow who's also invisible. Mega Man is visible to everybody (obviously) and once Ichigo sees how destructive he can be, I'm sure at least he or Mega Man would want to move the fight elsewhere entirely anyway. They're both morally good characters so I don't see why they wouldn't do this to avoid casualties.

Secondly, why wouldn't Mega Man use AoE here? Ichigo is completely out of sight here and can't be detected. If Mega Man gets damaged by something he can't see, he knows something is there at that point. So since he can't track anything visually, he'll just use attacks that will increase the likelihood of him tagging Ichigo and damaging him. It's common sense. Common sense, logic and observation is something Mega Man regularly uses in combat as evidenced by how he discovers Robot Master weaknesses, finds weak points in Wily's machines and combats enemies who are built to be more powerful than himself. Besides, SBA means Mega Man knows he's in a fight. Also yes, Mega Man doesn't have danmaku in his abilities, but notice how I said "danmaku-like." There's a difference there. I say this because with the amount of AoE weapons that he has (just read the descriptions on Mega Man's profile of the examples I gave in the previous post and you'll see) and the fact that he's likely to use them a lot here due to Ichigo being an invisible enemy means it's gonna be very much like danmaku since Ichigo is going to be dealing with a lot of projectiles at once at that point.

Thirdly, I never said that specifically. I was just mentioning times when Mega Man fought and defeated opponents who had the drop on him and had stealth on their side. But on that note, why not? When time is stopped you feel... absolutely nothing at all. You don't even know what's happening in stopped time. Hell, Mega Man dealing with time stop is more impressive than what he's dealing with here honestly. The fact that Mega Man can defeat and outpredict someone with time stop is remarkable enough (did this three times against Flash Man during this key). Not to mention the other examples I gave of defeating enemies who utilized teleportation, invisibility and burrowing/overall stealth techniques. Also, Wily Castle is invisible here and here (Beat following Wily around is game mechanics). The fact the Capsule fades in and out like that and takes a bit to appear again indicates invisibility as opposed to instantaneous teleportation. This is consistent with later Wily Capsules (which are all pretty much the same in this regard) like in Mega Man 7 where it literally takes off a cloak that makes it invisible. Different application there, but it's still the same idea of invisibility.

So no, Ichigo isn't just going to walk up to him and it's not so simple.

Last edited:
Stsndard Battle Assumptions put the fight in Central Park.
Huh, that so? In that case, then they both suffer from this or, which is very likely, move the fight somewhere else more secluded and devoid of any civilians. They're both morally good characters so they're not going to allow their battle to kill others. Also, I'm just responding here so others can see it more clearly.

Ichigo doesn’t really have an issue with fighting around people as he does so all the time in his setting. If MM’s attack really are that large in scale, then he would be the only one having issues with the location tbh.

Okay that's fine. I'm certain Ichigo wouldn't want to fight in a public setting either due to civilians being in the way. Mega Man isn't some random Hollow who's also invisible. Mega Man is visible to everybody (obviously) and once Ichigo sees how destructive he can be, I'm sure at least he or Mega Man would want to move the fight elsewhere entirely anyway. They're both morally good characters so I don't see why they wouldn't do this to avoid casualties.
Ichigo fights around people all the time, almost all his battles take place in a densely populated city.

He also doesn't need to use huge AoE attacks to defeat his opponent, Megaman on the other hand does.

PS. If Ichigo sees Megaman killing random people then he won't kindly ask him to move somewhere else, rather he'll just kill Megaman as quickly as possible.
Secondly, why wouldn't Mega Man use AoE here? Ichigo is completely out of sight here and can't be detected. If Mega Man gets damaged by something he can't see, he knows something is there at that point. So since he can't track anything visually, he'll just use attacks that will increase the likelihood of him tagging Ichigo and damaging him. It's common sense. Common sense, logic and observation is something Mega Man regularly uses in combat as evidenced by how he discovers Robot Master weaknesses, finds weak points in Wily's machines and combats enemies who are built to be more powerful than himself. Besides, SBA means Mega Man knows he's in a fight. Also yes, Mega Man doesn't have danmaku in his abilities, but notice how I said "danmaku-like." There's a difference there. I say this because with the amount of AoE weapons that he has (just read the descriptions on Mega Man's profile of the examples I gave in the previous post and you'll see) and the fact that he's likely to use them a lot here due to Ichigo being an invisible enemy means it's gonna be very much like danmaku since Ichigo is going to be dealing with a lot of projectiles at once at that point.
For me to even believe this will defeat Ichigo, Megaman would need to be constantly spamming AoE omnidirectional danmaku and pray to god that one of them connects, it just doesn't seem realistic to me.
Thirdly, I never said that specifically. I was just mentioning times when Mega Man fought and defeated opponents who had the drop on him and had stealth on their side. But on that note, why not? When time is stopped you feel... absolutely nothing at all. You don't even know what's happening in stopped time. Hell, Mega Man dealing with time stop is more impressive than what he's dealing with here honestly. The fact that Mega Man can defeat and outpredict someone with time stop is remarkable enough (did this three times against Flash Man during this key). Not to mention the other examples I gave of defeating enemies who utilized teleportation, invisibility and burrowing/overall stealth techniques. Also, Wily Castle is invisible here and here (Beat following Wily around is game mechanics). The fact the Capsule fades in and out like that and takes a bit to appear again indicates invisibility as opposed to instantaneous teleportation. This is consistent with later Wily Capsules (which are all pretty much the same in this regard) like in Mega Man 7 where it literally takes off a cloak that makes it invisible. Different application there, but it's still the same idea of invisibility.
It isn't though, not being able to tell where your opponent is at all, is far worse than dealing with someone that stops time in intervals. Ichigo is constantly invisible and unsensable (to Megaman), Ichigo could be a meter in front of him or 500 meters away and he'd have zero idea.
So no, Ichigo isn't just going to walk up to him and it's not so simple.
I mean, it seems more plausible to me than Megaman spamming 360° huge AoE danmaku 24/7 in a very populated area where he's going to be killing hundreds or thousands of innocent people indirectly.

I don't see him doing this at all.

Last edited:
Ichigo fights around people all the time, almost all his battles take place in a densely populated city.

He also doesn't need to use huge AoE attacks to defeat his opponent, Megaman on the other hand does.

For me to even believe this will defeat Ichigo, Megaman would need to be constantly spamming AoE omnidirectional danmaku and pray to god that one of them connects, it just doesn't seem realistic to me.

It isn't though, not being able to tell where your opponent is at all, is far worse than dealing with someone that stops time in intervals. Ichigo is constantly invisible and unsensable (to Megaman), Ichigo could be a meter in front of him or 500 meters away and he'd have zero idea.

I mean, it seems more plausible to me than Megaman spamming 360° huge AoE danmaku 24/7 in a very populated area where he's going to be killing hundreds or thousands of innocent people indirectly.

I don't see him doing this at all.

All right then, fair point. But even so, if Ichigo isn't gonna move the battle elsewhere, then Mega Man will. It's totally in Mega Man's character to not kill people, you're right so why wouldn't he just simply take the battle elsewhere? Mega Man will just straight up leave and Ichigo has no choice but to follow. Once Mega Man finds a secluded area then the battle can go on without issue and without him being hindered.

Just want to say, I'm not saying Mega Man relies on AoE attacks in general. Mega Man uses whatever the situation calls for and is resourceful with his Special Weapons. If he's fighting an invisible enemy like Ichigo then he'll do these things. Again, it's still common sense to use tactics like I've explained and then some. Mega Man isn't just going to sit there and take that punishment without finding ways how to tag and hit his enemy. Also, if something does tag Ichigo, won't Mega Man see that? If Ichigo is on fire, frozen, electrocuted and dripping wet with water I'm sure Mega Man will see that and pinpoint Ichigo that way and attack him accordingly besides spamming AoE.

Sure the abilities Mega Man went against may have been temporary or in intervals and not active all the time like Ichigo's invisibility, but consistency is important here. Mega Man has fought and defeated Flash Man and his time stop a couple of times and has gone against opponents who utilized invisibility, teleportation and stealth several times before over the course of his games in this one key alone. The fact Mega Man constantly fights opponents with these abilities and always succeeds gives him the experience and abilities to deal with it so he's not useless as you're implying. Also, I'm sure Ichigo won't be undetectable when Mega Man just gets hit with sword strikes or when he manages to set him on fire with a fire weapon or something.

I still vote Mega Man and instead of defending, I'm giving my own in-depth reasons:

Mega Man being a robot makes him immune to any of Ichigo's Shinigami abilities that affect the soul or anything biological by default. That's a given.

Ichigo may be invisible, but Mega Man has many abilities to tag hits on him such as Thunder Beam, Rain Flush, Power Stone, Crystal Eye, Flash Stopper, many large explosives, etc. Many of these abilities allow him to get hits on Ichigo even without him being detected. Some of his weapons may actually make Ichigo detectable anyway if he's set on fire, frozen, electrocuted or dripping wet so it will be a way for Mega Man to track him that way. Additionally, he has the experience of dealing with foes that are undetected and who used stealth techniques plenty of times in this key alone and his the abilities to deal with it. And if the argument of being in Central Park is brought up, Mega Man will definitely move the fight elsewhere due to him being completely in character and not wanting to hurt any civilians.

Also, resistance to gravity is not the same here from what I've seen. Aizen's application of gravity manip is trapping enemies in a coffin and keeping them there. Meanwhile, Mega Man's Gravity Hold sends people flying into the air at 20G. I don't see how Ichigo's resistance covers this specifically.

Mega Man has an absurd advantage in Lifting Strength. If Mega Man grabs Ichigo, then it's pretty much a wrap. Considering Ichigo's strategy of mostly running headstrong into fights and fighting up close, the possibility of this happening is higher.

Shunpo isn't enough at all to blitz and be overwhelming. Mega Man, on the other hand, has advantages in mobility such as Rush for flight and even his teleportation if he's that desperate and needs space away from Ichigo's onslaught of attacks. Mega Man even has means of Healing with Energy Tanks anyway if he gets too damaged. That's in addition to the forcefield weapons he has to defend himself with (which is really likely something he'd use here). Speaking of which, if Mega Man decides to hide himself to heal or anything, he doesn't emit Reiatsu making it so that Ichigo can't detect him. Minor, but could prove helpful.

Overall, Ichigo's invisibility is a major issue, but Mega Man's experience, intelligence and abilities (like AoE and forcefields) are enough to combat this as much as he can. The AP and dura difference (if what was said before is true) is negligible and so Mega Man's not gonna get cut up in a few swords swings. Healing along with means of distancing such as Flight and Teleportation are also advantages here. Lifting Strength is major for Mega Man and other minor things like limitless stamina give him small edges here and there. This is tough, but I see Mega Man still taking it honestly.

It's obvious I don't know much about Bleach so please feel free to correct me on anything.

All right then, fair point. But even so, if Ichigo isn't gonna move the battle elsewhere, then Mega Man will. It's totally in Mega Man's character to not kill people, you're right so why wouldn't he just simply take the battle elsewhere? Mega Man will just straight up leave and Ichigo has no choice but to follow. Once Mega Man finds a secluded area then the battle can go on without issue and without him being hindered.
The time it takes for Megaman to do that is ample time for Ichigo to have already killed him, Ichigo can literally just walk right up to him and cut him in half or something, Megaman's only chance is to spam AoE danmaku right as it begins.
Just want to say, I'm not saying Mega Man relies on AoE attacks in general. Mega Man uses whatever the situation calls for and is resourceful with his Special Weapons. If he's fighting an invisible enemy like Ichigo then he'll do these things. Again, it's still common sense to use tactics like I've explained and then some. Mega Man isn't just going to sit there and take that punishment without finding ways how to tag and hit his enemy. Also, if something does tag Ichigo, won't Mega Man see that? If Ichigo is on fire, frozen, electrocuted and dripping wet with water I'm sure Mega Man will see that and pinpoint Ichigo that way and attack him accordingly besides spamming AoE.
Common sense for you =/= how Megaman would fight in character.

He doesn't really have much of a choice but to take it, he can't really evade or block an attack he has no idea is coming and can't see.

Yes he should be able to see things like Ichigo being on fire etc, though, the fire can be put out.

Regardless, the hard part is actually hitting Ichigo with those things, it's extremely unlikely one of those tag Ichigo before he slices Megaman in two.
Sure the abilities Mega Man went against may have been temporary or in intervals and not active all the time like Ichigo's invisibility, but consistency is important here. Mega Man has fought and defeated Flash Man and his time stop a couple of times and has gone against opponents who utilized invisibility, teleportation and stealth several times before over the course of his games in this one key alone. The fact Mega Man constantly fights opponents with these abilities and always succeeds gives him the experience and abilities to deal with it so he's not useless as you're implying. Also, I'm sure Ichigo won't be undetectable when Mega Man just gets hit with sword strikes or when he manages to set him on fire with a fire weapon or something.
Has he ever fought and defeated someone that is constantly invisible and can't be sensed at all? Otherwise those comparisons are weak and faulty at best.

Megaman would feel the sword strikes but at that point it would be too late, if Megaman isn't able to block or evade the attack then chances are it'll be lethal.

The time it takes for Megaman to do that is ample time for Ichigo to have already killed him, Ichigo can literally just walk right up to him and cut him in half or something, Megaman's only chance is to spam AoE danmaku right as it begins.

Common sense for you =/= how Megaman would fight in character.

He doesn't really have much of a choice but to take it, he can't really evade or block an attack he has no idea is coming and can't see.

Yes he should be able to see things like Ichigo being on fire etc, though, the fire can be put out.

Regardless, the hard part is actually hitting Ichigo with those things, it's extremely unlikely one of those tag Ichigo before he slices Megaman in two.

Has he ever fought and defeated someone that is constantly invisible and can't be sensed at all? Otherwise those comparisons are weak and faulty at best.

Megaman would feel the sword strikes but at that point it would be too late, if Megaman isn't able to block or evade the attack then chances are it'll be lethal.
Seriously why are you acting like Ichigo two shots or something? If the AP difference stated previously is any indication, Ichigo isn't nearly strong enough to just outright bisect him like that. Besides, with Mega Man's Flight and Teleportation, he has the mobility advantage and can get away much quicker. He can even put a forcefield up while he's escaping to protect himself. Not to mention he has Energy Tanks to completely heal himself.

I literally explained how Mega Man fights in character. It's not like I'm making these things up nor are the things I'm bringing up overly specific and extremely out of character for Mega Man. With his resourceful and analytical nature, why wouldn't he do this? If he's fighting an invisible enemy then why wouldn't he do something like use AoE attacks to increase the likelihood of getting a hit on Ichigo and tracking him? Besides, your claim of Mega Man just allowing himself to get hit and take damage without doing anything is a stark contrast itself to what he would actually do in combat. Hell, the same logic could be applied to everything we're saying about these characters and how they would fight since we obviously can't put ourselves in their shoes. Ichigo being invisible doesn't make him invincible nor is it an instant win. Mega Man still has chances here, obviously.

Fire can be put out, but even more fire, being frozen, being paralyzed via electrocution, dripping wet from water and him sizzling from acid rain isn't going to help his position and Mega Man can still track him via means like this. Again, with a lot of AoE weapons and unpredictability from his large arsenal on his side, Mega Man is going to get hits here. There's no way Ichigo is going to evade an acid rainstorm right off the bat.

The comparisons are weak how? These are not isolated incidents nor did Mega Man just get stupidly lucky in winning these fights. If he's showing consistent victories against enemies who had advantages with stealth, teleportation, invisibility, time stop and other similar techniques, it shouldn't be ignored and should be taken into account. Even if the individual abilities themselves are not comparable to Ichigo's in terms of duration, the fact that this is consistent with the same results of Mega Man winning throughout several games is enough to say he at the very least stands a chance here and has the experience to deal with fights like this. Besides, I already said how time stop doesn't allow for victims to sense anything at all (since time is obviously stopped) yet Mega Man still predicted where his enemy was after time resumed and killed him. To deny all of this and still say Ichigo just outright wins due to his invisibility alone is just illogical.

Seriously why are you acting like Ichigo two shots or something? If the AP difference stated previously is any indication, Ichigo isn't nearly strong enough to just outright bisect him like that. Besides, with Mega Man's Flight and Teleportation, he has the mobility advantage and can get away much quicker. He can even put a forcefield up while he's escaping to protect himself. Not to mention he has Energy Tanks to completely heal himself.
Piercing weapons like swords ignore durability to an extent, if Mega Man isn't on guard and blocking (which he won't be because he has no idea he's being attacked) then it's definitely a lethal hit.

There's also the fact that Ichigo can quite greatly amp his AP with Getsuga Tensho which he does quite a lot in this key.

Mobility advantage matters little when you can't see the person attacking you nor their attack, explain to me how he's avoiding something he can't see and has no idea is coming?

Also, Ichigo can amp his speed whereas Mega Man can't iirc.
I literally explained how Mega Man fights in character. It's not like I'm making these things up nor are the things I'm bringing up overly specific and extremely out of character for Mega Man. With his resourceful and analytical nature, why wouldn't he do this? If he's fighting an invisible enemy then why wouldn't he do something like use AoE attacks to increase the likelihood of getting a hit on Ichigo and tracking him? Besides, your claim of Mega Man just allowing himself to get hit and take damage without doing anything is a stark contrast itself to what he would actually do in combat. Hell, the same logic could be applied to everything we're saying about these characters and how they would fight since we obviously can't put ourselves in their shoes. Ichigo being invisible doesn't make him invincible nor is it an instant win. Mega Man still has chances here, obviously.
I mean, given how you were arguing that he would just spam huge AoE danmaku earlier, I kinda have to take how you think he would fight with a grain of salt.

I think you're extremely underselling how much of an advantage not being able to be seen or sensed by your opponent is, Megaman isn't;
  • Evading an attack he can't see or has any idea is coming
  • Landing an attack that doesn't have massive AoE
It's not that I think Mega Man will let himself be hit, rather it's that I think he can't avoid an attack he has no idea exists.

Mega Man does have a chance, and that chance is to use huge AoE moves constantly and pray he lands a hit, something that isn't in character and he can't start with without killing countless random people. So while I do acknowledge that Mega Man can win, I just think it's far less likely than Ichigo winning.
Fire can be put out, but even more fire, being frozen, being paralyzed via electrocution, dripping wet from water and him sizzling from acid rain isn't going to help his position and Mega Man can still track him via means like this. Again, with a lot of AoE weapons and unpredictability from his large arsenal on his side, Mega Man is going to get hits here. There's no way Ichigo is going to evade an acid rainstorm right off the bat.
He's going to use an acid rainstorm right off the bat that kills all the surrounding people as well?

Also, how potent is this acid? Ichigo in the first 5 chapters of the manga has already been attacked with acid and been relatively fine after, so unless it's pretty potent, I can't see it ending him.
The comparisons are weak how? These are not isolated incidents nor did Mega Man just get stupidly lucky in winning these fights. If he's showing consistent victories against enemies who had advantages with stealth, teleportation, invisibility, time stop and other similar techniques, it shouldn't be ignored and should be taken into account. Even if the individual abilities themselves are not comparable to Ichigo's in terms of duration, the fact that this is consistent with the same results of Mega Man winning throughout several games is enough to say he at the very least stands a chance here and has the experience to deal with fights like this. Besides, I already said how time stop doesn't allow for victims to sense anything at all (since time is obviously stopped) yet Mega Man still predicted where his enemy was after time resumed and killed him. To deny all of this and still say Ichigo just outright wins due to his invisibility alone is just illogical.
They're weak comparisons because they're not at all equatable, being constantly invisible and unsensable is far more deadly than someone who turns invisible for small parts of a battle...

Right as the battle begins Mega Man has no idea where Ichigo is at all, the battle takes place in New York City, Ichigo could quite literally be anywhere.

It's also worth mentioning that they start hundreds of meters or kilometers apart, so not only does Mega Man not know where Ichigo starts, but he could literally be anywhere in the entire city as far as Mega Man knows.

Last edited:
isnt ichigo literally a soul/spirit? it should be intangible by default
Well from what I see, it's not something on his profile. It says he can interact with intangible spirits and such, but I don't see intangibility for himself in his abilities section. And judging by the fact no one has seemed to argue this point so far, I assume Ichigo can still be damaged here, at least in the real world so Mega Man should be able to harm him.

If this turns out to be true though, then this shouldn't even be a debate anymore. If Ichigo truly is intangible this match can no longer be possible.

Ichigo himself isn't intangible no.
Why not? Isnt literally his Astral body that has shinigami?
tumblr_p69pv9NZev1vvthpto6_1280.png

tumblr_p69pv9NZev1vvthpto2_1280.png

Honestly I'll go with incon...

Escaping to non populated area can be solved with teleportation.
And Force fields can save him, give him some time to think.

Then the fight goes either way....

Incon or slight edge to Megaman..wins 6 outta 10 high-diff

And I'd also like to see something indicating it's in character for him to just spam AoE danmaku moves around him like you're suggesting.
The battle against Bright Man, Gyro Man and Charge Man
Also, Ichigo can amp his speed whereas Mega Man can't iirc.
Time Slow.
Also, how potent is this acid? Ichigo in the first 5 chapters of the manga has already been attacked with acid and been relatively fine after, so unless it's pretty potent, I can't see it ending him.
It can nullify a forcefield Mega Man can't even scratch.

The battle against Bright Man, Gyro Man and Charge Man
Player controlled Mega Man =/= Mega Man in character, afaik, the only way to determine how a video game character fights in character is through lore or things like cutscenes, not how you control them.
It can nullify a forcefield Mega Man can't even scratch.
Mega Man being unable to scratch it doesn't really mean it's potent acid, acid by nature breaks things down and ignores durability to an extent, so it's not as simple as saying it's really potent because Mega Man couldn't punch through it or something.

Regardless, it's still better than the acid Ichigo was hit by, so while it probably won't mean instant death if he's hit by it, it would eventually kill him.

Player controlled Mega Man =/= Mega Man in character, afaik, the only way to determine how a video game character fights in character is through lore or things like cutscenes, not how you control them.
Except that, in character, Mega Man uses the most effective weapon for every situation.

For example:

Except that, in character, Mega Man uses the most effective weapon for every situation.
I'm not seeing how that video proves your argument

To say Mega Man is just going to instantly use his most effective means of winning against an opponent he has zero knowledge on and has no idea where he is seems a bit ridiculous to me.

There's a big difference between knowing Bubble Man is weak against Saws and knowing what an invisible opponent that you can't see or hear is weak too and starting with it.

In the video Mega Man is showing images of Dr.Wily's past defeats and during all of those past defeats Mega Man won using the weapons that would be the most effective against Dr.Wily's robots.
Thanks, my knowledge of Mega Man is limited so I had no idea.

Regardless, The_Wright_Way basically sums up what I wanted to say, Mega Man can't see or sense Ichigo at all, he can't counter something he has no idea exists.

Back