• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Unoriginal Memes said:
Did you read what I said? Centaur Flash doen't just stop time but it attacks all nearby opponents and can bypass any defenes.
It attacks with Spatial Manipulation btw

Unoriginal Memes said:
Did you read what I said? Centaur Flash doen't just stop time but it attacks all nearby opponents and can bypass any defenes.
Chaos Control lets you manipulate Time and Space as a whole. Which stops, slows down time, distort it, BFR foes, interdimensional or time travel, and more. Also Chaos Control isn;t his only Time manipulation move.

Time Break and Time Stop are in his character as the former he used it right almost immediately against a boss to stall for time.

I vote Mega Man for the following reasons:

- Space-Time Manipulation / Experience with Time Manipulators: Time Stopper and arguably Flash Stopper stop time with the latter allowing him to at least attack with his Mega Buster. Time Slow slows down time, but I think it's that noteworthy in this case and Time Switch stops time and allows Mega Man to walk right through enemies and their attacks without suffering damage. Additionally, Mega Man has defeated several time manipulators throughout his career such as Flash Man and Centaur Man, both of whom constantly spammed time stop in their battle. He did this by predicting their attacks and positioning himself precisely so he wouldn't get hit during a time stop (as evidenced by his fights with said Robot Masters) so needless to say Sonic's time stopping isn't going to be something new to him. Centaur Flash would also be very useful as it bypasses defenses and stops time for a brief moment to warp space.

- Double Gear System: Mega Man's speed is boosted by the Speed Gear and his perception of time is slowed down to allow him to dodge attacks easier. His power is also boosted by the Power Gear and he can overcharge his Mega Buster and special weapons. Sonic can also do the same, but Rock's AP advantage increases from here and the Speed Gear and Sonic's speed amps should balance each other out I think.

- Forcefields: Mega Man's shields are more potent and have more variety than Sonic's since his Water Shield, Fire Shield, etc. as they can be taken out by the elemental weapons they're weak to whereas Mega Man's varies from one shield to the other. For example, Junk Shield absorbs as much damage as possible before breaking, Acid Barrier corrodes any attack into three orbs of acid that shoot out at foes, Leaf Shield slices foes, etc.

- Too lazy to explain each so here's some other advantages imo AZ ice, weather manipulation (lightning storm, acid rain, blizzard, meteor shower), transmutation (can turn foes into concrete), energy absorption (can steal health from enemies to replenish his own), gravity manip, homing attack and duplication.

What's the most significant advantage is Rock's superior analytical mind. He's been shown to adapt to his foe's fighting style and find their exploitable weaknesses in mere moments by experiments with his weapons until he finds it. Additionally, considering Super Sonic is super speedy with flight and such Mega Man would likely think of a way to hinder his movements (as evidenced when he used Ice Wave to stop Tengu Man's flight by freezing his legs to the ground and when he used Chill Spike to pop the tires on Nitro Man's motorcycle form to restrict his movement). Therefore, it's very likely that Mega Man would start off with AZ or AoE weapons to either try and restrict Super Sonic's movement or just land a bunch of hits on him. For example, since Super Sonic's so fast, Mega Man might just start off with Time Stop early in the battle (like when he did it to Quick Man due to his speed) or even Centaur Flash might come to mind.

Either way, I see Mega Man taking this.

Accurare besides the fact that Flash Stopper isn't a time weapon and since speed is equalized Mega Man wouldn't perceive Sonic as fast.

@Violet Well you can come by tomorrow to make any arguments for Sonic's case, it's been a pretty long day today.

VioletVoid100 said:
Yeah, but only Power Gear. Speed Gear can't be used cause speed is equalized.
Speed amplification techniques are allowed, just the speed they start with is equalized.

And his other gear from his Storybook games, Chronicles, Runners, and Rivals. Sonic is just as versatile as Mega Man and he too can create shields (Look at Super Knuckles and Super Tails for example).

MYHERO said:
I mean we let Sonic be super and use wisps at the same time so yeah I guess.
Unless if you would want to make the odd argument that Sonic would somehow not have abilities his base form can access, then Super Sonic can use the wisps.

@Dante

Which is why I said Flash Stopper "arguably" stops time. Some believe that it doesn't stop time and stick with the data available for it in which it states it just blinds foes. Others do believe that it stops time due to gameplay mechanics and how it freezes enemy projectiles as well as Bright Man's use of the weapon. A clear answer as to what this weapon truly does is still really up for debate. Also, why wouldn't he be able to track Sonic easier during Speed Gear? That's pretty much what it's used for - to speed up Rock so he can perceive things much slower and dodge them easier.

@Violet

Yes, I know Sonic can also create shields but as far as I know they're mostly simple by giving him minor perks (ex: higher jump and the ability to survive underwater) and have specific weaknesses to eliminate them outright. Mega Man has more variety with his shields as some can absorb damage, be shot outward in the area as an AoE, reflect projectiles, slice foes with cutter shaped units, corrode anything that it touches and counters with acid, etc.

Back