• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Medaka Kurokami vs Mewtwo

The real cal howard said:
If we're doing wholly in character, Mewtwo's more likely to KO her than outright kill her tbh.
Thing is that he's so strong that he likely kills her due to sheer power. Even when not trying to.

Her durability is tier 8. He'd have to be aware of that somehow to not paste her with a nudge.

>looks in related threads

>Medaka vs arceus

Excuse me W H A T

The real cal howard said:
I mean, Medaka was always mighty. Losing against her'a kinda an honor. It's like losing to GER.
Excuse me, losing to Masada character (without stomp, and the fight is fair) is more honoring than lose to that two.

Imma toss out some stuff.

1) medaka box explicitly does not follow the idea of "working on more people = more potent when focused on one person."

2) the profile needs to be changed, because in medaka box all mind hax are biologically based, and are thus electric. Overwriting her mind with weighted words would work for non biological mind hax

3) Testament not getting reflected has nothing to do with its AP. Did y'all forget that testament is a style? Styles bypass defensive abilities and hax, so encounter would be no better at reflecting Testament than it would at reflecting attacks from any other style user.

1) The affecting more people = more potency is a standard this wiki uses for verses in general, not something that follows Medaka Box's standards. So it doesn't really matter.

2) Nothing to add on this.

3) A style whose effect is dropping the moon. Period. If Encounter can't redirect damage from dropping a moon on the earth, it can't do it to comparable power from any similar series out there. Otherwise we would invariably fall in the NLF territory where encounter can redirect any and everything, no limits whatsoever. And nowhere in the series do they say "We can't do anything about it because it's a style". What they say is "We can't do anything about it because it's the moon that will drop on the earth and the moon falling on earth kills people."

1) it is the assumed standard but this was actually already agreed upon in another thread. If a verse doesn't follow the idea of haxing more people doesn't make you more powerful then we don't impose the standards of another verse

3) let me remind you that there are styles that do a number of things such as temperature manipulation, sealing, creating objects, tilting surfaces, aging, multiplying items, and far more. But if you aren't receptive then they won't affect you. Does it make sense that dropping a cage on someone wouldn't affect them just because they don't listen? No. But that's how styles work. Their effectiveness works based on receptability.

I can smell the badness of this so lets stop alright? Its grace currently, so the match is more or less concluded. Lets keep NLF and moon banter for another thread aight?

1) That's a new one to me. Noted, then.

3) I knows, but the Testament one wasn't a matter of "We can't stop or prevent activation". When the style got activated upon Fukurou's death, its effect was specifically to trigger the moon going down on collision course straight to Earth. That was its intended effect. The style didn't have any specific alluded effect of forcibly killing people, or specific effects like the other style users of the Jet Black Arc or denying skills like Iihiko or even being directly aimed against one target or another. Medaka specifically states that something like the moon falling on Earth was something even she or Iihiko couldn't possibly survive. She doesn't even mention the style at this point, just the general event of the moon falling. Then there's the fact Hanten also had to save her from it. Still, and as First Witch said, this is irrelevant for this match so I guess we should leave the subject, ye.

Encounter is obviously a walking NLF and its power is unknown, but saying that it definitely caps off at moon level just because of Testament shows no understanding of how styles work

Actually, its the other way around. Refer to the above reply and the fact that again, Testament's sole effect was to trigger the moon falling. And that it did. From that point onwards they could have logically used their powers to nope the moon itself if they could.

lol, it's alrighty. o/

I actually wonder if we get more info on Minuses on some of the novels but I never got a chance to read any of those (and I hear they are prequels, too). Maybe someday we get a sequel of the series centered around Kumagawa (that would be the gift of my life) and we could get more on Minuses in general.

I will leave this for another time, but let me remind you that if all it took was a moon level attack to destroy Iihiko, then there are other moon level characters who could have taken him down.

Ye, we would probs end up derailing the match (which I'm glad concluded smoothly so far) if we continued so better to leave it at that or for some other opportunity/day.

''Insert anti hax rant here''

Yang is interesting and Weiss isn't?

It's literally the only way around

Also MBs lack of spirituality makes me think SM vs Medaka is outdated

@Schnee I dunno. The reasoning there was that Soul Hax kills before Medaka uses her hax, me thinks.

Is that outdated? I like both so it's whatevs to me.

Wokistan said:
Ok but nobody's answered how he wins if he doesn't open with mindhax, as dying is something that makes medaka start using her abilities. These include an amp to infinite speed.
Even if Medaka starts using her abilities upon being resurrection, it'd be a who-shoots-first as Mewtwo's hax activates just as fast, and Mewtwo would be willing to shoot due to precognition.

FateAlbane said:
@Schnee I dunno. The reasoning there was that Soul Hax kills before Medaka uses her hax, me thinks.

Is that outdated? I like both so it's whatevs to me.
That's sill ongoing

FateAlbane said:
@Schnee I dunno. The reasoning there was that Soul Hax kills before Medaka uses her hax, me thinks
That's the thing

Spirituality straight up doesn't exist in MBs, souls either

If it is outdated? Who makes the rematch?

Completely unironically I can't remember who told me to watch the show (prob weekly tbh) but I watched some and I just cannot stand ruby's voice to the extent that I don't want to stick around to see how it goes beyond what I've seen. Other voices aren't great either, but hers is even worse since she's one of the main characters so you gotta hear it all the time.

This is some derailment though. We should probably stop.

That's the thing

Spirituality straight up doesn't exist in MBs, souls either

If it is outdated? Who makes the rematch?

That's stil being debated

Back