• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Medaka Via Time Stop Blitz to Book Maker combo. Hao could use his reality warping or various ways of OHKO incapacitation to take her out, but she can get around those via Book Maker and All Fiction

Now I'm normally all for giving Medaka the win FRA, but apperently Hao can "burn the soul" which I feel is sorta All Fictions weakness. So if Hao can burn Medaka's soul to death, I don't think All Fiction could bring her back from that.

Hence why she has to go for the time stop blitz. He has ways to put her down (why this isnt a stomp), but she can seal him before he does anything

I'm not so sure she can seal his abilities

They come from channeling spirits. If Book Maker can't hit a ghost, it can't seal the spirit's power.

Has there ever been anything in Medaka Box that's non-copreal?

If Medaka can't channel, then Book Maker will make it so he can't channel.

Book Maker has sealed Ajimu, who has a non corporeal true form. Book Maker is also known to bypass defensive hax. Either way, she doesn't need to seal the spirits, just the channeler

Then Medaka seals all of them as well. It's not like she can only screw one person at a time.

Encounter is the one that pushes away wounds correct?

Unless it has been seen to work on soul manipulation, then no.

The Spirit of Fire is basically Hao's standard equipment... there's practically nothing he can do without it...

Isn't that actually like a Pokemon spin off? iirc there was a manga distubringly similar to what you just described

So how does he harness his spirit? is it on him? If it binds to him, then it would likely be sealed with him. Does it take a decent amount of skill or technique to use?

Don't know about the Pokemon thing.

Spirits just kinda wander around as intangible ghosts, until the Shaman manifests them from a medium of some kind as an Over Soul.

In the Spirit of Fire's case, his medium is oxygen itself, so Hao can basically summon him anywhere there is air. That is the first thing he would start with.

Over Souls are intangible to beings without soul manipulation as they aren't made of physical matter, invisible to people without extrasensory perception, and once created, they can exist independent from the shaman, only needing to draw on their furyoku for things like special abilities and healing. So once he manifests it, even if he is hit with book maker, there is now an invisible intangible spirit floating around Medaka that can burn her soul to ashes in an instant.

As i said, does it take a particular degree of skill to control these spirits? Does it take a technique or magic to summon him? This matters. Will the spirit act on its own without a command from its master?

Worse comes to worse, she pulls a Kumagawa and does a Speed Blitz to Book Maker + All Fiction Combo. Thus she wins the match before she gets burned away

The technique to summon it is the Oversoul technique, but that requires a thought. The spirits are sentient on their own, and the highest level of Over Soul involves giving the spirit its own complete body, which is what Hao does.

SchroKatze said:
Medaka is dumb af and never starts using everything she has.
Her Fight with iihiko. She attempted every single skill in her arsenal. Towards the end of the series she does get more spam happy. Also when she spammed a good number of her skills against one of the suitors.

TBH I'm questioning the validity of this match-up anyway.

A 5-C with a ton of hax vs a 6-B with exactly one hax that will work on the opponent.

both have the potential to one shot. Sound Fair to me. You've already established that Encounter won't work, AF can't undo the erasure of the soul, 5 Forks Healing is useless here, Freezing over her wounds wont help, etc. None of her defensive hax work to prevent him from One Shotting her. This only comes down to who lands their hax first.

I been led to beleive that if both combatants have an equal chance of one-shoting, then it should be inconclusive. Also, I'm not sure Encounter has been rendered usless here. Encounter has pushed off meta-physical damage before in the form of mental taurma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back