• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Medaka Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, let me see if I understood it right.

We have a thousand reasons for her being put at Unknown rather than Universal. While there isn't a single solid evidence for Universal.

And you want to settle the thread by simply saying "This has been discussed before, I'm not going to bother explaining anything" and just talking like closing the thread or something without providing the actual reasons as for why she is Universal would be the solution?

...That does not sound exactly fair or right. Unless every single word said here is the exact same one that was said in the other threads which I highly doubt considering the examples you have provided so far that were not concluded either.

It's almost like saying "Yeah, you should go and accept that Medaka is Universal despite everything else because that's how it is."

What's to say that this discussion isn't bringing up much more legit points as for why she is Unknown rather than Universal? I don't have a clue about what others have said, but if someone simply ends a discussion out of nowhere without actually providing me the reasons why it was settled, it does not look like a solution at all.

It looks like ignoring the whole matter at hand.

I agree with the nerfs because if some of their haxx is based off statements then we should nerf them, If we don't All Touhou Characters would be ******* ridiculous Especially Yukari-

Oh...

I think you didn't get it right.

First: Those "thousand reasons" were not found relevant to put her at Unknown.

Second: If you had to deal what i or other persons like Ant or other admins had to deal with this kind of threads. When a topic is repeated over and over again it becomes tedious. You have to understand that we ain't (or at least i) gonna explain the exact same thing over and over again.

Third: I ain't gonna close this thread. Although, i have the authority to do it. I won't do it. I've my responsibilities as admin.

Fourth: As far as i remember, moslty of the arguments are the same.

and fifth: Those examples were just two related topic that were already explained.

I support this series, but i don't have the patience nor the time to search thread like those.

@Kami With all due respect, "we talked about this a lot before" is not a legitamate argument.

I'm not immediately dismissing Medaka being at these levels, but neither those two threads you linked or what you're saying now seem to be concrete evidence of them being such.

From what little I've seen of MB and different threads I've read here, along with arguments people are making far more convincing than "good arguments were made before but I won't tell you what they are," Medaka Box seems to almost go out of its way to not make sense. Especially from a powerscaling/power indexing standpoint.

Unknown seems reasonable to me, but if there's more to suggest Universe level+ then I am happy to concede on that.

@KamiYasha 1. And why not, exactly? If it was that easy for her to be Universal rather than Unknown, what's preventing you from giving me one, a single actual proof that she is Universal? If the thousand reasons are as irrelevant as you claim, what's so difficult about giving ONE proof that they are all wrong aside from saying "None of them matter". Like I said above, that doesn't sound convincing at all. Especially when pretty much everyone else (or at least most people) in the thread are agreeing to it.

2. Being a staff member comes with responsibility, is that not the truth? I may be a user here but I was an admin in a community back in the day. Nowhere near as big as this one and I'm certain I didn't need the ammount of effort you guys put around here to make this place as good as it is, but nonetheless, it's not a reason to outright ignore a new and better version of a thread that is made later on.

3. Sure thing.

4. Not at all. And none of them were debunked while, yet again, Medaka has nothing to prove Universal status and still wasn't given an actual reason for that in spite of all the reasons against it.

5. They were not. Neither were concluded and the reasons for that were also already discussed here. If anything is irrelevant, it's these two threads - aside from the fact that again, neither of them, example or not, where actually concluded with actual evidence to support Universal Medaka.

I already know that is not a legitamate argument.

Like i said: i don't have the patience nor the time to search a thread like those.

You can ask to Ant about it (Although i will prefer to avoid bothering Ant about every single issue that comes around). He knows pretty much how many times we had to deal with this kind of topic about Medaka Box.

I'm not arguing about this thread but the topic instead.

Ryukama said:
Unknown seems reasonable to me, but if there's more to suggest Universe level+ then I am happy to concede on that.
This. I'd agree with Universal Medaka in a heartbeat as long as she had stuff aside from that one random description statement thing to suggest being Universal.

@Anonymou The thread is almost concluded at this point, There isn't much left to be said from my understanding. I believe all the points for Unknown Medaka were made. Now just waiting to see if there's an actual one for Universal Medaka.

Baseline point: Medaka Box runs on a logic all its' own that only works for its' own verse. Shoot we literally, have this for Ajimu:

Unknow (She has been described as having the abilities to transcend higher-dimensional space, control infinity, and "become God". However, since she comes from a metafictional parody manga, it is uncertain how much this should be taken seriously)

If Medaka made pocket Universe in her hand or something, we would done here. But we don't have that. Instead, we are dealing with a piece of fiction that doesn't bother with these things that we use to define characters.

Seems like it, and no complaints here.

At this point though do we have to reset all the victories and losses then? Anything involving these affected?

KamiYasha said:
"Ugh? favoritism? Mostly if not all of the admins had their own preference, but everyone here is neutral when it comes to upgrades or downgrades." I already know that is not a legitamate argument.
"Like i said: i don't have the patience nor the time to search a thread like those."
Isn't this is about been fair? Looks to me like you're avoiding "neutral" ground here, not saying you're avoiding the topic, however, a bit of cooperation is needed in this one-sided discussion (towards Unkwon tier) by showing us the universal level feat in order to neutralize things out. Give us one feat.

Ryukama said:
Medaka Box seems to almost go out of its way to not make sense. Especially from a powerscaling/power indexing standpoint.
This is the problem with Medaka Box in a nutshell. As the Najimi profile states, it is a metafictional parody that does not make any sense whatsoever in terms of power-scaling.

Anyway, I technically think that the user Blahblah makes sense, but suppose that giving Medaka Box more leeway than other franchises, due to its nature, does cause a problem.

As such, I suppose that giving Medaka an similar "Unknown" explanation to the Najimi profile seems reasonable.

Gotcha Ant.

Shall the profiles victories and losses be reset then? The majority if not all of her victories seemed to be rendered Moot at this point.

I won't change the topic, but I do want to inform that there is a Star Level feat upgrade pending right now for Okuu that seems generally accepted, which meshes well with Planetary scaling.

That said I should've specified there, I didn't mean just victories. I meant victories and losses. But guessing it's only losses then?

Oh. Yeah. Her inconclusives should be wiped. Heck. Hades solos both her and Giorno now due to acausality. Whether she was universal or not.

I suppose that we will have to remove the victories and losses, yes.

I will adjust Medaka's profile, but would appreciate help with removing her victories and losses from other profiles.

Apart from her Moon level explication (Her feat is a statement, however, someone provided evidence above of the moon been destroy) we're all good.

it says on Medaka's Profile that "can make herself invivsible to others" but this is not true as Medaka was stated that she couldn't figure out how Hinokage's Unknown Hero worked therefore she couldn't copy it. so this should also be removed too.

I believe this thread could most likely be closed now as the main discussion was already concluded and the changes made. But maybe it's just me.

ok, I just remember they talked about it in one part of the manga that she couldn't understand it, but hey it's medaka box, so I guess it works.

also yeah I agree the main problem was solved, so I guess it would be no problems in closing this now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back