• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Medaka Box "The Hero"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was that ever stated or implied? Cus all I remember is him being a candidate for a hero but nothing about him actually becoming one.

Agnaa said:
@Ant/DT I'd like your thoughts on giving Abnormals resistance to Power Nullification for their luck, from these scans where Choujabaru's abnormality to make nothing stray from their usual chances barely affected Unzen's luck. And for Zenkichi to get Resistance Negation via Devil Style working on Abnormal luck like this.
This seems fine to me.

Iapitus The Impaler said:
If I recall, wasn't that in the meating with the principle of the school that it was shown?

Ok, let's go with this then. For Medaka, Iihiko, and Zenkichi respectively:

Supernatural Luck: All Abnormals have this to an extent, but as a "Hero" Medaka exceeds them by a far margin. Easily manifesting one in a trillion chances, causing all dice she rolls to stack on top of each other, and helping her to win elections. This can also cause her to have enemy's attacks miss vital areas, be spared by the whim of enemies, and come up with winning strategies in a pinch. The world revolves around them, causing events to flow somewhat analogous to a narrative; Their enemies in tournaments will go from weakest to strongest, they may be caught up in random murder plots, they will often run into friends and long-time enemies in unrelated circumstances, etc. However, depending on the kind of "Hero," they can lose this status by performing sufficiently 'unheroic' deeds.

Supernatural Luck: All Abnormals have this to an extent, but due to his "Hero" status, Iihiko dwarfs theirs by a vast margin, despite not being an Abnormal himself. Another "Hero," Medaka, is capable of Easily manifesting one in a trillion chances, causing all dice she rolls to stack on top of each other, and helping her to win elections. Heroes can have enemy's attacks miss vital areas, be spared by the whim of enemies, and come up with winning strategies in a pinch. The world revolves around them, causing events to flow somewhat analogous to a narrative, with Iihiko's version being most similar to that of a classical Fairy Tale. However, as a Fairy Tale "Hero," Iihiko can lose this status by performing sufficiently 'unheroic' deeds.

Supernatural Luck: All Abnormals have this to an extent, but as a "Hero" Zenkichi's luck would exceed them by a far margin, despite his mentality technically being that of a Normal. Easily manifesting one in a trillion chances, causing all dices a similar Hero rolls to stack on top of each other, and helping them to win elections. This can also cause them to have enemy's attacks miss vital areas, be spared by the whim of enemies, and come up with winning strategies in a pinch. Usually, the world revolves around them, causing events to flow somewhat analogous to a narrative. However, Zenkichi's Devil Style skill disposes any benefits of his "Hero" status, making him a completely new kind of "Main Character" that stands on his own merits, so that he could defeat a fellow hero Medaka Kurokami in a fair fight, without involving the "whims of Fate." Thus, his Hero status would only come up if Devil Style were to be negated.
This seems fine as well.

Yes. That should be fine.

Tell me here when you are done.

I added some links to some of the statements as well as some more luck feats/statements on Medaka. This is what i added on the profiles:

Supernatural Luck: All Abnormals have this to an extent, but as a "Hero" Medaka exceeds them by a far margin. Easily manifesting one in a millio chances and guessed the next combination of the door which has a 1 in a trillion chance of happening, stated to be able to pull it off a million times in a row, far superior to all other abnormals who pass through the same door on a daily basis, causing all dice she rolls to stack on top of each other and helping her to win elections. This can also cause her to have enemy's attacks miss vital areas, be spared by the whim of enemies, and come up with winning strategies in a pinch. The world revolves around them, causing events to flow somewhat analogous to a narrative; Their enemies in tournaments will go from weakest to strongest, they may be caught up in random murder plots, they will often run into friends and long-time enemies in unrelated circumstances, etc. However, depending on the kind of "Hero," they can lose this status by performing sufficiently 'unheroic' deeds.

@Agnaa @Iap

I've added the resistance to power null to all abnormal/hero pages. I'd like someone to double-check my edits to Zenkichi Hitoyoshi's page, if they can be done better.

But other than that, I think there's nothing left for this thread.

@God of Procrastination Being spared on a whim comes from Ajimu's explanation of what Devil Style nulls, not so much from actual feats.

Agnaa said:
I've added the resistance to power null to all abnormal/hero pages. I'd like someone to double-check my edits to Zenkichi Hitoyoshi's page, if they can be done better.

@God of Procrastination Being spared on a whim comes from Ajimu's explanation of what Devil Style nulls, not so much from actual feats.
It's just that there happens to be an example of his enemy spairing him.

To be clear, Devil Style doesn't mean that enemies won't spare you, it means that they won't spare you randomly on a whim (when they wouldn't have otherwise) or for the sake of the plot. Iihiko didn't chase after them because his priority was with his new body, not with the outsiders who can't even harm him at this point. That's not PIS, that's having your priorities straight.

In addition, I'd like to remind you that Iihiko probably didn't recognize Devil Style, so he probably wasn't effected by its nullification anyway; going both ways.

I wouldn't say ignoring Devil Style is inherently beneficial. His Hero status can make him act with PIS or CIS, but its also his 'plot armor,' so nullifying it is gonna be a mixed bag. I would argue Iihiko has more to lose from recognizing it than he has to gain, but maybe that's just me.

Agnaa said:
Seems fine.

I got a question, shouldn't Zenkichi Hitoyoshi' lose Plot Manipulation as it look to be an old artifact around the time that the Hero was accepted as Plot Manipulation which isn't the case now?

Should we close this thread after Elizhaa's question has been answered?

An argument could be made that Devil Style would still work on plot based abilities as long as they similarly function by "coincidence," but I'm not sure. Maybe downgrade it to possibly Plot Manip?

@Elizhaa It should probably be removed, yeah.

@Ant Yeah that should be fine.

@Agnaa, yeah, make sense.

@Iapitus The Impaler, from I see, I think removing Plot Manipulation is safer choice; coincidence is is more associated with luck than plot from what I know of literature.

My question have been answered.

If none have issue on Plot Manipulation's removal, I can make the removal much later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back