• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
what do you mean a flamingo

I'm leaning towards Queenslayer due to seemingly having significantly better abilties, but what does the AP comparison look like?

Also, I really do need to know what the flamingo is

you're not going to let me live that one down are you

Well, for now, just consider my vote to go to Queenslayer for significantly better abilities, resistances and immortality.

So, with some margin for error (since it's a bit difficult to give exacts when dealing with those kinds of scaling chains) I don't think either of them have a serious AP advantage in gathering 8-A keys. They seem to be around the same-ish range. So, yeah, vote sticking for Queenslayer.

Mhm.

These upgrades, though.

All jokes aside, now that both have been upgraded, want to change the keys so it's fair?

Great.

So, overall, the Queenslayer does generally have better abilities. Cure Heart has good resistances, but not much that actually resists the Queenslayer's abilities, and the Queenslayer generally has far more powerful and potent abilities.

Cure Heart would also have to figure out what the Queenslayer's weakness is, as otherwise, even if she successfully killed him he would simply return moments later.

I'm very much inclined to give this to the Queenslayer, but just to be sure, how far into 7-A is Cure Heart? I'm assuming this is also the holding a flamingo Queenslayer key?

Just wrote up a post and got it gobbled up by Fandom. :p

So, morality and empathic manipulation don't seem very applicable here. Going by the profile, Empathic Manip can "awaken powers, dispel evil, and heal" and Morality Manip can "return selfish psyches to normal". Empathic Manip doesn't seem like it'd be applicable at all for killing or incapping an opponent, and Morality Manip at best seems like it might be able to incap a selfish opponent (which almost certainly wouldn't work on the Queenslayer, as they've been shown to be willing to self-sacrifice for the sake of others).

103 megatons is nearly exactly baseline, and while there aren't specific energy ratings for the feat that the Queenslayer scales from, it's generally pretty decently above baseline. So the Queenslayer likely has an AP advantage, though nothing decisive on it's own.

So the Queenslayer generally has far better and more applicable abilities, several of which could kill or incap an opponent without resistance quite easily, along with immortality that Cure Heart would have trouble bypassing and a decent AP advantage.

Definitely voting for Queenslayer, probably mid-difficulty.

Yep, I always forget that tip when it matters most. :p

How does it work, how potent is it, how quickly can they use it, and how likely are they to use it?

I mean, unless it's like, stupidly OP and potent, they can use it immediately, it's a guaranteed incap and they'd almost certainly start off with it immediately, the QS still has far, far more win-cons they could pull off relatively easily and would probably win regardless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpZg4fVcJlI We don't know it's duration, as they immediately follow up with a finisher. She doesn't use it much, but only because by the time she has it, she's in a group of five, who can do similar things and/or it proves unnecessary.

Empathic/Morality Manipulation has never been used on an unresistant opponent who wasn't killed by it (though, judging by the Jikochuu's reactions, it should at least stun him. I think that's the empathic manipulation, while morality kills them via depleting them of their very being).

Bump? Any new/changed votes?

Yeah, of course. I just don't think it has all that much impact on the match as a whole. Even if she can trap her opponent for an alright amount of time, under the conditions it doesn't seem like an incap, it doesn't seem like they'd use it in-character unless they're able to finish off their opponent, and all it seems to provide is a chance to attack uninterrupted for an extended period of time (which the Queenslayer can also do with stun). So overall, it doesn't seem like it adds much, and the Queenslayer has an ability that's very similar but arguably better.

I'm not sure what exactly you mean in the Empathetic/Morality Manip part, could you elaborate? I'm not sure what's being referred to. Are you saying that they'd work on anyone, regardless of morality, so long as they didn't have resistance? The Queenslayer might have some level of empathic resistance due to having pretty good mind manip resistance, but again, is that what you meant? I need to check.

Overall, under what I know, my vote doesn't really change.

Morality might fail if the target is already altruistic. Empathic Manipulation is the thing that possibly could incapacitate, and both scale to purifying a civilisation. We don't know what happens when it's used on a regular, unresistant target with this for sure, but we can make an educated guess. Unless people like Bel are unresistant, in which case forget everything I said, it's a damage-dealing Energy Projection attack.

I see. I don't know for certain if resistance to mind manipulation covers empathic manipulation, but it should. Either way, neither of them seem like great win-cons compared to the Queenslayer's list. He can use leak to drain his opponents body of blood in seconds, he has immortality that is difficult to negate (even if prior knowledge is assumed, as it was with the Queenslayer's fight against Jack in Code Vein where Jack knew how to negate his immortality yet failed), he has at least a mild AP advantage in base (which he can massively increase through many forms of statistics amplification), and things like trapping + energy projection are not particularly uncommon in Code Vein giving the Queenslayer an experience advantage against dealing with her skills.

Keeping my vote for now.

How does that work? And regardless, it wouldn't be too much of an advantage; the actual feats + scaling for the Queenslayer are a bit vague, but even in base he should be around 2-3 times baseline. And with the absurd amount of AP increasing stat amplification abilities he has, even assuming she's always completely motivated she would at best have a negligible advantage, or perhaps even still a bit lower. So it doesn't really change much.

I mean, how "personal" is a "personal reason"? Typically a Versus Match assumes that the characters just meet them and there and start fighting. I doubt it'd apply here, unless there's something more specific that can trigger it?

Hmm...

I imagine it'd probably activate if she's near death, then. At least presumably, if those reasons are good enough for it to happen. Even so, without that advantage the Queenslayer is still several times higher than her in AP just in base, and far further with statistics amplification. And assuming it does activate, even at best the difference is completely negligible. So the Queenslayer still pretty solidly has the AP advantage.

you already voted AogiriKira

Back