• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvel_Champion_07

VS Battles
Retired
This Quora post calculated some of Thor's storm feats using all three methods for each (except the first one). They range from Low 7-B to 6-C. Can any of them be used? I can also make a blog post if needed

Edit: Made a blog post

Edit 2: So from the looks of it now, first calc is OK, second one should use KE, third should be CAPE, fourth and fifth don't change from previously. KE for second would mean 6-C for mid-tiers. Either an outlier or another upgrade for mid tiers and higher. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Ok. It's just that Antvasima says that he shouldn't physically scale to them unless warranted. Just wanted to confirm
If there are already calculations for these feats, they need to be compared though, and Thor should not physically scale to weather control unless it is clearly warranted.

Yes, I know, but I am referring in the case of the MCU. Is there a universal energy system?
Prolly from his hammer since Thor usually spins his hammer or strikes the sky with lightning to generate the clouds but KE storms usually don't require an energy source since it's being physically moved.

Hellbeast and Spino should prolly be able to answer in more detail.

Prolly from his hammer since Thor usually spins his hammer or strikes the sky with lightning to generate the clouds but KE storms usually don't require an energy source since it's being physically moved.

If it's directly from Mjolnir then Awakened Thor automatically scales to his storms because it was stated that Mjolnir was only meant to allow him to focus, control, and wield his own power; which is something he can do and channel naturally Post-Awakening without the need for the hammer as a medium. The fact that he also got physically stronger is only the icing on the cake really.

I did a calc of his neutron star feat that yielded something to the tune of baseline High 6-C, I'll have to figure out what I did with it and put it in a blog. I know it's controversial to use that feat, since there's a lot of ways to construe the many variables in the scene, but at the least, the neutron star used in the feat should be scaled to IRL neutron stars, since, while it is essentially imprisoned and doesn't always act like a real star, I think it's safe to say the dwarves tried to keep as close to its original state as possible for whatever desirable properties it may have, otherwise they wouldn't have bothered with the immense resource strain of harnessing it and would've just created a different power source/forge

If it's directly from Mjolnir then Awakened Thor automatically scales to his storms because it was stated that Mjolnir was only meant to allow him to focus, control, and wield his own power; which is something he can do and channel naturally Post-Awakening without the need for the hammer as a medium. The fact that he also got physically stronger is only the icing on the cake really.
Based

I did a calc of his neutron star feat that yielded something to the tune of baseline High 6-C, I'll have to figure out what I did with it and put it in a blog. I know it's controversial to use that feat, since there's a lot of ways to construe the many variables in the scene, but at the least, the neutron star used in the feat should be scaled to IRL neutron stars, since, while it is essentially imprisoned and doesn't always act like a real star, I think it's safe to say the dwarves tried to keep as close to its original state as possible for whatever desirable properties it may have, otherwise they wouldn't have bothered with the immense resource strain of harnessing it and would've just created a different power source/forge
Interesting

:0

I'm unsure; I know Odin and Heimdall use "The Dark Magic" for some of their feats but I can't recall one existing for Thor. If his hammer strikes cause the storms that'd be enough but we see him mostly just gesture and summon thunderstorms.
Nah, the 6-B boom whacked him.
I'd also note the novelisation apparently implies it killed Hela too
Would that mean it fits? He mostly channels that power into storms rather then the variety of purposes universal systems would imply?
This feat has had so many variations in four years. Like it's been 7-B to like 5-C

oh

why would it be an outlier? Thor is pretty much a top tier, the ones that scales to him would be characters like Thanos, Captain Marvel and Scarlet Witch powers ig
Thanos's arm got shat on by the 5.2 gigaton surge of the Infinity Gauntlet. That on its own is a pretty big reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back