• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Thanos’ Formatting

So some minor changes in my view
  • Should be far stronger than his children -> I would change children to subordinates
  • During the events of Avengers: Endgame, a five years younger version of him overpowered Thor, Mark 85 Iron Man and Captain America at the same time, and he held his own against the latter after he obtained Mjölnir. - > I would change this to be less wordy like "His younger incarnation was able to overpower Thor, Mark 85 Iron Man and Worthy Captain America at the same time"
  • Is powerful enough to hold a returning Stormbreaker and almost shove it into Thor's chest, despite Thor using both of his hands to prevent it. -> This isn't AP, but lifting strength. It should be moved there with something like "Overpowered Thor and nearly killed him with Stormbreaker"
  • Casually reacted to attacks from the likes of Thor, the Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, and more. While distracted, he could somewhat react to Thor's lightning, though he was still tagged by it. He could also catch Stormbreaker as it was returning to Thor and dodge Thor throwing Mjölnir at him. Could deflect repulsor rays from Mark 85 Iron Man after they were fired, catch Captain Marvel flying at him and throw his broken sword at Luis' van before Captain Marvel could enter the Quantum Tunnel -> Most of this is honestly redundant information in my view. Just having it be something like "Reacted to attacks Thor, the Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Captain Marvel, and more."
  • Shrugged off everything that Thor, Hulk, and Mark 50 Iron Man threw at him and was unharmed by Mark 85 Iron Man's attacks. Took hits from Captain America with Mjölnir ->The Cap part can just be added in after Thor like "Shrugged off everything that Thor, Hulk, Worthy Captain America and Mark85 Iron Man threw at him. Mark 50 Iron Man only drew a single drop of blood after a prolonged engagement"
  • Interplanetary with the Reality Stone -> Wouldn't this be "Intergalactic with the Reality Stone"

So some minor changes in my view
  • Should be far stronger than his children -> I would change children to subordinates
  • During the events of Avengers: Endgame, a five years younger version of him overpowered Thor, Mark 85 Iron Man and Captain America at the same time, and he held his own against the latter after he obtained Mjölnir. - > I would change this to be less wordy like "His younger incarnation was able to overpower Thor, Mark 85 Iron Man and Worthy Captain America at the same time"
  • Is powerful enough to hold a returning Stormbreaker and almost shove it into Thor's chest, despite Thor using both of his hands to prevent it. -> This isn't AP, but lifting strength. It should be moved there with something like "Overpowered Thor and nearly killed him with Stormbreaker"
  • Casually reacted to attacks from the likes of Thor, the Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, and more. While distracted, he could somewhat react to Thor's lightning, though he was still tagged by it. He could also catch Stormbreaker as it was returning to Thor and dodge Thor throwing Mjölnir at him. Could deflect repulsor rays from Mark 85 Iron Man after they were fired, catch Captain Marvel flying at him and throw his broken sword at Luis' van before Captain Marvel could enter the Quantum Tunnel -> Most of this is honestly redundant information in my view. Just having it be something like "Reacted to attacks Thor, the Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Captain Marvel, and more."
  • Shrugged off everything that Thor, Hulk, and Mark 50 Iron Man threw at him and was unharmed by Mark 85 Iron Man's attacks. Took hits from Captain America with Mjölnir ->The Cap part can just be added in after Thor like "Shrugged off everything that Thor, Hulk, Worthy Captain America and Mark85 Iron Man threw at him. Mark 50 Iron Man only drew a single drop of blood after a prolonged engagement"
  • Interplanetary with the Reality Stone -> Wouldn't this be "Intergalactic with the Reality Stone"
I’ve applied all of this to the sandbox.

• Why we call his sword "the Double-Bladed Sword"? It is its real name? Does it start in caps? If not just call it "his sword", or "his double-bladed sword" at worst.
  1. "Varies, up to 5-A with the Power Stone" doesn't say the reason as to why the it Varies unless you read its evidence in the Varies.
  2. By the time you read "Large Planet level with the Power Stone" a note needs to say that it ony works against celestial bodies, when the AP needs to do that job.
  3. We removed what damage the stone does against targets of Thanos' same size, if I didn't know any better I would believe that it was never used against humans and we don't know the numbers ourselves.
  4. As such it it should be: "The Power Stone Varies depending on the target's size (Gamora stated that the Power Stone has a variable power level based on the size of the target, Ronan needed to arrive at Xandar to destroy the planet's surface. Thanos could match and overpower opposition on around his same physical level, and tore apart half the surface of Titan's moon), up to Large Planet level (When used on a planet, the Power Stone was used to displace its surface and atmosphere)"
  5. That way it also points out 5-A being against planets, not "celestial bodies", which can even be something smaller than a moon.
  • "Should be far stronger than his subordinates, like Ebony Maw and Cull Obsidian." is now kinda misleading, BP's what-if shows an alt. Thanos not much unlike our Thanos getting bodied by his ex-subordinates. We can have the headcanon that he doesn't do as much training or some sh*t since a few years ago and that this applies hard to this 1000-year-old guy, but his subordinates are "comparable", not far stronger.
  • "His younger incarnation" is misleading as it's 5 years younger and he's 1000-year-old.
  • "Could easily crush the Eye of Agamotto." is false? It was a fake one and has no listed durability.
  • "Could hold the Power Stone in his bare hand." isn't on the same level as his durability.
  • "higher with armor" is false, it got crushed before his body did when Wanda attacked him.
  • "even higher with energy shields" should just be "higher", that is earned.
  • "Intergalactic with the Reality Stone (The Reality Stone is capable of rewriting the Nine Realms into darkness" This is false as it was taking advantage of a cosmic event or some sh*t amping what could be done.
  • His SE says he has the Infinity Gauntlet, which is correct, but it should none how it has none of its stones and up to all of them, the other "Infinity Gauntlet" there isn't noted under OE, which it should be.
  • Also can we add in his Intelligence how he told Iron Man that he wasn't the only one cursed with knowledge, which, if it's not misleading, implies himself to have a remarkable intelligence?
Just that, some things weren't even from this thread. I know it wasn't perfect before but that's no reason to omit information that should be there.

what-if shows an alt. Thanos not much unlike our Thanos getting bodied by his ex-subordinates. We can have the headcanon that he doesn't do as much training or some sh*t since a few years ago and that this applies hard to this 1000-year-old guy, but his subordinates are "comparable", not far stronger.
He is far stronger than his subordinates he physically overpowered them he did so to Cull Obsidian like twice I believe in that What if episode and the only things that hurt him were their weapons he was stabbed then battered by Cull's hammer, it's moreso a feat to his subordinates weapons than to them being comparable to his strength.

Last edited:
Why we call his sword "the Double-Bladed Sword"? It is its real name? Does it start in caps? If not just call it "his sword", or "his double-bladed sword" at worst.
Does it really matter?
"Varies, up to 5-A with the Power Stone" doesn't say the reason as to why the it Varies unless you read its evidence in the Varies.
Yes… that’s literally what that section is for.
By the time you read "Large Planet level with the Power Stone" a note needs to say that it ony works against celestial bodies, when the AP needs to do that job.
Why though? A note serves the purpose just fine. Also the note is literally linked in the AP section so-
We removed what damage the stone does against targets of Thanos' same size, if I didn't know any better I would believe that it was never used against humans and we don't know the numbers ourselves.
Ooooookay.
"His younger incarnation" is misleading as it's 5 years younger and he's 1000-year-old.
And…? It’s not misleading to say it’s a younger version because it is factually a younger version.
"Intergalactic with the Reality Stone (The Reality Stone is capable of rewriting the Nine Realms into darkness" This is false as it was taking advantage of a cosmic event or some sh*t amping what could be done.
You wanna like… give scans?

Back