• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Speed Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just noticed that Iron Man's latest armor is freaking light. It's like its entirely carbon nanotube or something.

Listening to him landing, comparing it to War Machine behind him and his previous armors landing, heck, even to Thor's landing in TDW, this armor is extremely light.

It's as if he made it for speed despite its bulky design.

Yeah, not really on topic but I'm rewatching the movie at the moment so sorry for that.

Now, this is about Iron Man's durability along with Captain America's AP, but CA at the end of the movie really did a number on Iron Man's armor, literally destroying it.

Iron Man, in his very first movie, tanked a tank canno (pun fully intended) without too much trouble. You think this can be used to upgrade Captain America's AP in any way?

We also know that Captain America's Shield literally tanked Iron Man's laser blasts so his durability can be scaled to this. Black Panther's durability scales to this as well considering his entire suit is made of the same material as Captain America's shield.

As Gemmysaur pointed out, the armor in CW seems much lighter than the others. Remember what happened when Mark 2 landed on Tony's house on the first movie? He felt right to the last floor.

He changes his armors constantly, and there are clearly some stronger than others. Those armors from IM 3 were pathetic compared to the ones in Avengers and Avengers 2.

His ap should only scale to the durability of the armor Tony was using.

And his shield already tanked much worse, iirc.

@Jucaslucas:

Not all that much methinks. Carbon nanotube is atleast 117 times stronger than steel of the same weight, and 30 times stronger than kevlar.

Methinks it's more of hitting the joints that allows Cap to damage the suit. The only parts of it he actually bashed with the shield with notable damage is the foot, the helmet and the reactor casing (the glass thing on Iron Man's chest).

The helmet is easily damaged methinks since it has so many joints and what not considering it folds back like a mechanical hoodie.Anyway, I'm derailing the thread again so to make up for it...

How fast would Cap have to be to dodge an Ultron-bot flying towards him in what seems to be a bullrush, and bashing his shield on another one that looks to be bullrushing as well?

The feat in question.

What of this one where Cap dodges a vehicle tumbling towards him?

The feat in question.

Hopefully, there's something not just superhuman there.

Btw, what of this? Do we accept the tie-in comic to the Avengers movie? This is the part where Thor was sent to Earth via dark magic, weakening both Thor and Odin in the process.

Then Thor fell from the sky when he appeared on Earth. How much would this crater say for Thor durabilty-wise?

Anyway, as I've said before she starts her powers after the explosion goes off/the button is pressed. At least according to Sloth on NF, who apparently watched it in slow motion.

Well, given that Wanda is only supposed to have mental, not physical, enhancements, and the feat goes strongly against all of the other known speed feats from much more physically powerful characters, I think that we should treat it as an outlier in either case, and scale from Hawkeye's calculated feat instead.

Currently, I think that the MCU characters seem extremely exaggerated in terms of speed, which makes our wiki more unreliable, so I would much prefer if somebody could downgrade them until we find more reliable feats.

God-King Superman77 said:
Does this tie in comic contradict the established canon?
Afaik, no it doesn't. Rather, it explained why Thor's powers were very much weaker in the Avengers than it was in Thor, as well as how he got to Earth at all since he kinda hammered the Bifrost.

More somethings regarding speed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNKFukHMhHI

Falcon dodges bullets and cannon shots from a distance.

Falcon has a dog fight of sorts with a jet.

Falcon outmaneuvers some missiles.

Falcon catches up to a falling Cap.

Bucky break dances out of Falcon's line of fire.

Bucky catches Falcon with a hook line.

We need some calculations though. Anyway, does anybody want to adjust the speed tiers from Hawkeye's feat until we find something better to scale from?

And F-22 Raptor have a top speed of mach 2.2 (i think) so Iron Man's flight speed should be supersonic+

Wiki says Tony has a suit called Mk40Shotgun. It is his fastest suit capable of flying in excess of Mach 5.

Do we put a note or just leave it be?

@Kkapoios: Can you check on the video I posted a while ago please? Might have some speed feat there of note. Thanks.

Hmmm...Don't think that this suit should be included in his stats.He has never wore the armor and is probably his fastest armor which also reaches the lowest end of Hypersonic flight so i think it's safe to say that the rest of his armors are just Supersonic+ in terms of flight.

I guess i could try to calc Bucky's feat.

I see. Thanks for that.

I'll look for more speed feats.

May I ask your opinion of these btw?

How fast would Cap have to be to dodge an Ultron-bot flying towards him in what seems to be a bullrush, and bashing his shield on another one that looks to be bullrushing as well?

The feat in question.

What of this one where Cap dodges a vehicle tumbling towards him?

The feat in question.

I personally don't think this would be an outlier, especially considering the low-end is still just Supersonic. While the rest of the feats don't result in Supersonic speeds, it's obvious they can react to that kinds of speed. This is just the most direct one we have.

Like a character reacting to light from 10 meters away consistently and then somebody else reacting to it from 1 meter away. It'd be an upgrade but not exactly an outlier? You get what I'm saying?

Well, the Scarlet Witch is not supposed to have physical enhancements, and as such should be one of the slowest characters, so I think that it is safer to treat this as an outlier.

Well, that pretty much cements the MCU at superhuman to subsonic at the moment. Kinda sad that it's only that high.

Until the DVD for this movie comes out and we can look at the feats in better detail, this thread should be placed on hold.

However, KKapoios did solid work in solving most of the speed issues here for the Avengers characters in general, although Iron Man could probably be a little faster based on what has been shown in his 1st movie....

Well, since the issue seems to be resolved, I will close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back