• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Speed Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordXcano

VS Battles
Retired
Saw Civil War and noticed several feats that suggest an upgrade. I was given an okay to make a new thread so yeah.

• Right at the start of the film Falcon blocks a bullet after it's fired
  • Scarlet Witch catches an explosion just after it goes off
  • Bucky blocks a bullet after it was fired while Captain America is retrieving him
  • Black Panther dodges and catches several arrows from extremely close range
  • Giant Man catches Warmachine while he's in flight
There's also this bit from the first Avengers. These feats would imply Supersonic reactions for just abuot every character in the franchise, bar low-tiers like Black Widow.

Won't that make Pietro "Atleast Supersonic" since he blitzed everyone and none reacted sans maybe Thor who saw him enough to throw the hammer at?

I like that. Supersonic reaction top tiers.

Pretty cool upgrade from Sub to Super.

As the OP gave several evidence that suggests this, i say this is pretty safe to implement this on to the characters...

God-King Superman77 said:
Wouldn't that mean they would be able to react to Quicksilver?
Think about it like this. N52 Flash, on his own, has several hundred c feats. However, we know he is MFTL+ in the billions of times since he is stated to be faster than Superman.

LordXcano said:
Think about it like this. N52 Flash, on his own, has several hundred c feats. However, we know he is MFTL+ in the billions of times since he is stated to be faster than Superman.
This seems legit then thanks.

Well, we don't know if they simply mean swifter than Superman's running speed, rather than his flying speed.

@Ant He was shown as blitzing Superman one issue IIRC

@Cross Yeah basically

@LordXcano Yes, but that would strictly be Superman's movement speed, which has never been shown as remotely approaching his flying speed.

LordXcano said:
God-King Superman77 said:
Wouldn't that mean they would be able to react to Quicksilver?
I agree with this update, but Superman's flying speed >>>>>>>>>>>>> Barry's speed.

I must've not caught the Black Panther one. Either way the calc was updated. Mach 13.6 as a low-end.

@LordXcano: I take it that you took Deer Lord's suggestion, i see. Anyways, it seems that it's still Hypersonic+ either way.

Well, I suppose that this seems legitimate, but you should probably ask a few other calculation group members to clear this before making any changes.

Hmmm. The funny thing i find is that while this is a thread to upgrade the verse's speed, isn't there like another thread that talks about downgrading their AP/Durability?

Speaking of that thread, i don't know if the downgrade happened or not?

Looks fine, I have done a similar feat before involving Shiki and explosives so that seems legit and the scaling looks good as well.

Heatforce said:
One concern: doesn't giant man move really slow?
Also, please note I have yet to see the film, just going off what I heard. I wonder if giant man catching warmachine has more to do with his ability to predict and move accordingly? As an example: when batman evades doomsday and his heatvision in BvS.

Well, War Machine open fire on Giant Man and at the same time he grabbed a truck and block all the bullets with it. Does that count?

HokageMangaVox said:
Well, War Machine open fire on Giant Man and at the same time he grabbed a truck and block all the bullets with it. Does that count?
Lol maybe, I dunno I was just curious if it was more of giant man's ability to form strategy rather than his speed. Did he not move slow?

War Machine was shooting the truck else he gets swatted with it, not the other way around.

Regardless, Giant Man is rather slow, but is good enough to make Black Panther run like hell and roll over to evade getting kicked.

Panther punt
Black Punt-her.

Well, it seems like it is fine to adjust the scalable MCU character pages then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back