• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Just finished watching the first two episodes of What If...? season 2.

I liked the Blade Runner influences of episode 1.

Ronan apparently killed Thanos, and he didn't seem to have the Power Stone either. That said, nothing is stated regarding exactly how Ronan achieved this, so this doesn't seem much different than Nebula almost killing Thanos through unknown means before Infinity War in the main timeline. There aren't any major powerscaling deviations that I noticed in the episode otherwise.

Episode 2 was a neat premise to see play out, and it had some interesting feats.

1988 Celestial Peter Quill is compared to an entire nuclear arsenal, and is believed to be capable of causing worldwide destruction within a day, with Thor stating that Quill had brought destruction upon the armies of the Nine Realms previously, with Jotunheim and Asgard being the first to fall, and with Midgard being the last one remaining. He does pretty much get oneshot by Thor, and is inferior to Ego until he absorbs a Celestial seed, at which point he oneshots Ego.

Goliath is able to take a couple blasts from Quill and contain him for a few seconds despite being weaker.

Ego is able to harm Thor with one of his constructs, and later forms a mountain construct within seconds.

Black Panther (T'Chaka), while wearing his suit, withstands an explosion that destroys a funhouse.

Quill destroyed solar systems and planets etc new Thor scaling or no?
I thought that was from the Expansion, with the seedlings being described as a fuse that Quill lights by arriving, causing the destruction of the dozens of solar systems within 24 hours of Quill's arrival. It could potentially upgrade the Environmental Destruction rating that Ego and Quill have though.

I thought that was from the Expansion, with the seedlings being described as a fuse that Quill lights by arriving, causing the destruction of the dozens of solar systems within 24 hours of Quill's arrival. It could potentially upgrade the Environmental Destruction rating that Ego and Quill have thought.
I mean he has to have some good stats or else he’d be unable to conquer so many places especially when they have incredibly strong defenses would’ve taken him out also Thor specifically says they perished by his hands

Last edited:
I mean he has to have some good stats or else he’d be unable to conquer so many places especially when they have incredibly strong defenses would’ve taken him out also Thor specifically says they perished by his hands
If you take Carter's statement at face value, Quill has the energy of an entire nuclear arsenal coursing trough him (at least as of 1988). Beyond that, he's presumably still around Thor's level, as he was considered to have the best chance of stopping Ego, and to be fair, Thor did pretty much blindside Quill when he oneshot him. I can only assume that Odin was in the Odinsleep or something when everything went down.

as he was considered to have the best chance of stopping Ego, and to be fair, Thor did pretty much blindside Quill when he oneshot him. I can only assume that Odin was in the Odinsleep or something when everything went down.
Thor says that they needed someone of celestial origin which is why quill was the chosen one also I wouldn’t say blindsided quill was in celestial mode angry and even looked at Thor lightning before getting hit one more thing Thor was confident he could destroy the boy himself

Last edited:
Thor says that they needed someone of celestial origin which is why quill was the chosen one also I wouldn’t say blindsided quill was in celestial mode angry and even looked at Thor lightning before getting hit one more thing Thor was confident he could destroy the boy himself
Good points. Nuclear arsenal scaling would probably still put Quill a decent amount above the standard armies of the Nine Realms, such as the Einherjar and the Frost Giants, which are roughly around Low 7-C. There aren't enough details given to know if Quill directly faced anyone more impressive than that.

1988 Celestial Peter Quill is compared to an entire nuclear arsenal, and is believed to be capable of causing worldwide destruction within a day, with Thor stating that Quill had brought destruction upon the armies of the Nine Realms previously, with Jotunheim and Asgard being the first to fall, and with Midgard being the last one remaining. He does pretty much get oneshot by Thor,
Pretty consistent considering the world's nuclear stockpile is only Island level

Pretty consistent considering the world's nuclear stockpile is only Island level
Is mcu 1980s the same as real world 1980s tho like don’t they have super smart guys like stark working for them shouldn’t they be even stronger then irl

Is mcu 1980s the same as real world 1980s tho like don’t they have super smart guys like stark working for them shouldn’t they be even stronger then irl
Unless they have explicit proof of more powerful nukes than we do then that's just headcannon and they should be pretty comparable to us in the 1980s

So I guess that means that 1988 Celestial Quill would be 6-C normally, and at least 6-B after absorbing the Celestial seed. Ego would be 6-B for scaling to Thor, though I'll leave it up to debate whether or not main timeline Ego would be able to scale to this version.

Without knowing any specifics, using real life should be fine as a lowball. Maybe an "At least" could be added.

could some of yall check this out if available

Kid Peter Quill should have the same powers/tier as his adult counterpart in Vol 2, in my opinion

It's time for an upgrade. Peter Quilt where he destroyed both Asgard and the 8 kingdoms and all their warriors including Odin and Hela

Being that we know Thor influences the armor he wears, I'm going to head canon it that his TDW/AoU armor is a response to seeing relevant threats to himself. That and growing a beard.

Nah he’s not that strong as Thor 1 shot him and this is a pre awakened Thor using mjolnir Odin for all we know was in the Odinsleep
You were going to argue just because he was knocked unconscious from an accidental attack that didn't change anything at all. Peter Quilt destroyed the 8 kingdoms

We literally don't know what Peter did other than defeat a bunch of people. Even in this episode, Peggy overestimated how far and wide Peter's damage would be.

We literally don't know what Peter did other than defeat a bunch of people. Even in this episode, Peggy overestimated how far and wide Peter's damage would be.
I mean if you want to wank it they stated that he destroyed solar systems in under 24 hours and I wouldn’t say overestimated quill just didn’t want to waste his mother’s planet like that

Are you saying that Peter Quilt didn't destroy the 8 kingdoms just because he was attacked by Thor using mjolnir and he was knocked unconscious? So you say he didn't destroy all 8 kingdoms, while Thor states that he destroyed all 8 kingdoms starting with Jotunheim and Asgard ????

Ok then he destroyed it Thor one shot him meaning everyone who scales to pre awakened Thor is now solar system level I like that idea
Isn't it an outlier? I don't understand the upgrade system but he destroyed most of the area and also destroyed the warriors of the 8 kingdoms including Hela and Odin

Isn't it an outlier? I don't understand the upgrade system but he destroyed most of the area and also destroyed the warriors of the 8 kingdoms including Hela and Odin
Is what an outlier he obviously didn’t destroy Odin or hela in normal condition as both of those would be stronger then Thor meaning since Thor one shot quill by extension they could to

I mean if you want to wank it they stated that he destroyed solar systems in under 24 hours and I wouldn’t say overestimated quill just didn’t want to waste his mother’s planet like that
That isn't Ego's MO (fragmentation, pulvetization, what have you). Peter's path of destruction on Earth gives off a ton of radiation. That, and his proportionally insignificant power output on Earth, which is in line with what Ego has shown capable of on his own planet, means the wave of destruction is Peter going planet to planet, spreading across their surfaces, and as a result, blanketing them in radiation. All within a day.

Even still, Earth is not unique in having a seed. Most, if not all of those planets, should have a seed, which is how Ego is actually able to do his Expansion.

Last edited:
Back