• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimsonStarFallen

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
So recently I found out that the Infinity Gauntlet uses what appear to be scans from some sort of guidebook. These scans are what I mean. Cool, gives some neat powers, aye? Problem is, I cannot for the life of me find the source for these scans. In fact, looking down at the bottom right corner, you would find this. Looking at that website, I found this article, which is the only source I could find for these scans.

What I'm asking is: are we sure these are official scans?

Now, as for the thread: I found this

Seems they have some sort of partnership with Marvel to bring official material. Whether that's enough to consider their images as oficial source is another matter.

I mean they're certainly not contradicted by anything because we see all of these in the movies and shows in the MCU but I'll link this to the MCU discussion thread to get more input

I mean they're certainly not contradicted by anything because we see all of these in the movies and shows in the MCU but I'll link this to the MCU discussion thread to get more input
Well, at the very least, they do seem to have direct communication with marvel studios. The problem mostly is that we don't know how much of their explanation for the infinity stones come from direct input from the studios itself.

There's actually plently of abilities here that are, in fact, given by this and this only but that's for another time.

Now, as for the thread: I found this

Seems they have some sort of partnership with Marvel to bring official material. Whether that's enough to consider their images as oficial source is another matter.
"Sideshow and Marvel Studios have joined forces to present an exciting new collection of limited edition Fine Art Prints celebrating iconic moments from the Marvel Cinematic Universe!

Featuring official concept art and keyframes from the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU), this exciting collaboration will give fans an opportunity to collect and display a part of Marvel film history as never before.

From comic-book legends to silver-screen superheroes, Marvel Studios’ groundbreaking Visual Development Team has played an unprecedented role in crafting the look and feel of an entire universe for Marvel’s immensely successful and growing franchise of blockbuster films."

This seem to only say that they produce official art out of already existing moments within the MCU. Their ability to give WoG seems fishy at best.

uh-oh.

This seem to only say that they produce official art out of already existing moments within the MCU. Their ability to give WoG seems fishy at best.

uh-oh.
Agreed.

What makes me at the very least hopeful is how they then went on to add developers quotes, which does suggest to me they have direct communication with the studios. But as said above, we have no way to know how much input the studios have for Sideshows' products.

Well if not valid the only things that'd be lost are the soul stone abilities aside from necromancy and physics manip thenrest he's actually showcased in some fashion or form or we've outright seen them with other showings of the stones not involving thanos

Hax potency for certain powers also gets massively cut down and there's a 3-A feat in the Power Stone section but again, that's if it is unofficial/bad source.

Agreed.

What makes me at the very least hopeful is how they then went on to add developers quotes, which does suggest to me they have direct communication with the studios. But as said above, we have no way to know how much input the studios have for Sideshows' products.
If comms with MCU writers ends up being unknown maybe some powers would end up getting a "Possibly" added to them? Or maybe it's easier to just remove them, not sure.

If comms with MCU writers ends up being unknown maybe some powers would end up getting a "Possibly" added to them? Or maybe it's easier to just remove them, not sure.
I wouldn't oppose a "possibly", indeed. But I think in these cases, we just don't put it on a profile without really good reason.

Will see if I can find anymore info on Sideshows'partnership with Marvel.

What I'm asking is: are we sure these are official scans?
Without a shadow of a doubt.

gLU7s47.png

Sideshow's website is chock-full of several-hundred-dollar Star Wars and Marvel mechandise (as well as a lot of other stuff). This isn't a random website, fellas; they're not lying.
Hax potency for certain powers also gets massively cut down and there's a 3-A feat in the Power Stone section but again, that's if it is unofficial/bad source.

I heavily agree with giving some of the unknown/unproven powers a 'Possibly' rating. Outright removing them would be bad because the products are officially licensed; it's not an unofficial source, only a tertiary one.

Yeah went over the scans again I'm not seeing anything that should be removed other than what I said above prior and there shouldn't be any changes in the potency of haxes since we've seen these numerous times with the same ranges and such shown outside of this scan

Isn't tertiary canon fine to use as long as it doesn't contradict anything from the main source?
Kinda my point most of this is outright supported or shown on screen in even more detail and variety than what it says here the only one not shown at all really is the soul stone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back