• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At least 8-C for Avatar Ego and Celestial Quill, High 6-C to High 6-B with Enviromental Damage (This includes the expansion) for True Ego.

Then a lower tier like multi-continent or continent level would suffice I suppose. Do the Celestials scale from this in any way? The Celestials page have their AP listed as Large planet level and still mentions them as being comparable to Ego and Star-Lord.

The Celestial should be either put as unknown, or outright delete the profile, we have no information about them aside from Ego who has very specific abilities.

Actually scratch what I said.

The Celestial from GotG, the one that wiped a planet surface with the Power Stone.

Can you calculate how much energy he tanked?

Would it scale to Ego and Star-Lord?

Btw why is holding the Power Stone considered 5-A? Both Ronan and 9-A Quill could hold the Power Stone. Holding it =/= Tanking the power of it

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
Would it scale to Ego and Star-Lord?
Btw why is holding the Power Stone considered 5-A? Both Ronan and 9-A Quill could hold the Power Stone. Holding it =/= Tanking the power of it
No. Ego has very specific abilities and stats, and we don't know if those are common for any Celestial.

The calc would be used to determine the Tier of what would be an avarage Celestial from the small information we have.

How do we calculate the Power Stone feat though? Eson the Searcher was in the epic centre so do we just assume him to have tanked the full power of the blast? Or what?

That calc was made assuming Eson is only 3 times larger than a human being. But the Celestials on average are far larger than that in both the comic books and movies.

Knowhere as shown in GoTG is a mining colony built on just the skull of a celestial. The concept art for the Eternals movie shows the Celestials as colossal beings.

[Knowhere oMCU wiki]

Eternals celestial concept art

Even the current profile for the Celestials have them listed a with Type 2 large size- I don't know how it got there in the first place seeing that they are more in the range of Type 3 at least even without considering Ego (who incidentally does not have the Large size power listed on his MCU profile).

So the size issue needs to be sorted out first.

It was left a bit unclear. You should probably ask DMUA to comment there again first.

Just nuke the Celestials and wait until Eternals comes out this year.

I do rather discuss the Celestial issue another moment, this lasted a whole month.

The Celestial's Profile (backing it up here in case we need it in the future)
The Celestials
MCU
Celestial MCU
Summary

The Celestials were an ancient race of god-like beings who were present long before the dawn of the galactic communities and even the Dark Elves and Asgardians. They were notorious for using the Infinity Stones.

The origin and nature of the Celestials is shrouded in mystery. Whatever was known about them is known only to a few, such as Taneleer Tivan. The Celestial Eson the Searcher used the Power Stone as a means of execution against those who wronged him. Knowhere, a spaceborne mining colony, is actually the severed head of a deceased Celestial. There is also Ego, a brain-like Celestial that created a body for himself.

Powers and Stats
Tier: Varies, Ego is High 6-B

Name:
The Celestials

Origin: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Classification: Ancient God-like Aliens

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Immortality (Types 1, 3 and 8), Self-Sustenance (Types 1, 2 and 3), Large Size (Type 2), Flight, Energy Manipulation, Matter Manipulation, Regenerationn, Highly Advanced Technology

Attack Potency: Varies, Ego is Large Country level (Ego and Star-Lord each provided half of the power necessary for the former's expansio)

Speed: Varies. At least FTL (Capable of Interstellar Travel)

Lifting Strength: Varies

Striking Strength:
Varies (Should be comparable to Ego and Star-Lord.

Durability: Varies, Eson the Searcher is Continent level (Survived being in the epic centre of the destruction of a planet's surface)

Stamina: Unlimited

Range: Planetary

Standard Equipment: Varies. Used to hold The Orb in their possession.

Intelligence: Incredibly High.

Weaknesses: None Notable

Gallery

Eson MCU
Eson the Searcher
Knowhere Head
Knowhere
Ego Profile(1)
Ego

Others
Notable Victories:

Notable Losses:

Inconclusive Matches:

Ego's profile is still missing large size for his true form. If we are assuming he is as large as our moon in size, the energy needed to destroy just the surface would be continent level according to my calculations.Can't that be applied to his durability?

Also after Ego started drawing upon Quill's energy he said "I have always wanted to do this together but I suppose you will just have to learn by spending the next 1000 years as a battery".

Actually I think this was mainly just because of Star-Lord resisting him. Didn't Ego said that with the power of 2 Celestials they can complete his Expansion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back