• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Again, is there any actual evidence he got amped by the stone? From what I'm seeing here
Pretty sure its mentioned in a guide that because of Peter's celestial heritage he's able to tank holding the power stone without being killed
this is a bit anecdotal maybe but it looks to me like his body is passively tough enough to resist the power stone

That really seems like more of a spiritual thing than an "i actually became stronger" thing. Plus it literally says he needed his friends too, it would make absolutely no sense if he was 6-C and they were 9-B or whatever they're currently rated. Quill was dying, it would make no sense if they saved him by taking up like 0.00001% of the energy.

I mean honestly the whole premise of this is faulty. Why are we assuming that the passive, default output of the power stone is comparable to a full-on blast channeled with the infinity gauntlet, an object specifically created to control the power of the stones?

And need I remind that the 5 megaton feat we're literally scaling from is the Snap? Like, the energy produced by all six of the stones used together on a universal scale, so powerful that it pierces through the Infinity Gauntlet's protection and cripples Thanos, is apparently <<<<<< the passive output of just one of the stone? That the Gauntlet can handle just fine x6?

Last edited:
5 megaton
Just me being nitpicky but it's at least 5.8 gigatons the number was still going up when it cut
That really seems like more of a spiritual thing than an "i actually became stronger" thing. Plus it literally says he needed his friends too, it would make absolutely no sense if he was 6-C and they were 9-B or whatever they're currently rated. Quill was dying, it would make no sense if they saved him by taking up like 0.00001% of the energy.

I mean honestly the whole premise of this is faulty. Why are we assuming that the passive, default output of the power stone is comparable to a full-on blast channeled with the infinity gauntlet, an object specifically created to control the power of the stones?

And need I remind that the 5 megaton feat we're literally scaling from is the Snap? Like, the energy produced by all six of the stones used together on a universal scale, so powerful that it pierces through the Infinity Gauntlet's protection and cripples Thanos, is apparently <<<<<< the passive output of just one of the stone? That the Gauntlet can handle just fine x6?
But that aside I get what you're saying

Yes cuz they also gave him an unquantifiable amp much Like his Mother vision
He was pretty much awakening his celestial powers
The main reason they survived was cuz of quill half celestial phisiology
Gamora states that might be the reason and even marvel official site states thus is the reason
Ah right the 6-C ig comes from the full ig Power
Albeit thanos when he took the power stone it damaged

I also just don't think surviving exposure to the Power Stone is 6-C at all, it's 6-C when used for attacking against human-size targets, but that doesn't mean holding it exposes you to 6-C energy, maybe it's 9-A, maybe it's 7-A, but it's not really known.

Last edited:
I also just don't think surviving exposure to the Power Stone is 6-C at all, it's 6-C when used for attacking against human-size targets, but that doesn't mean holding exposes you to 6-C energy, maybe it's 9-A, maybe it's 7-A, but it's not really known.
Considering the Stone's destructive power depends on the target, I would say Quill's particular physiology, allowed him to survive longer but he would have died anyway because his celestial potential was locked at the time. I would also say his friends didn't immediatly died precisely because he was enduring the biggest amount of damages and they only divided that power themselves
Anyway, base Quill isn't 6-C and resisting the Stone's power isn't 6-C either. But the Stone is definitely not deconstruction for me.

The question is would Ego and Celestial Peter be 6-C?

I can agree with the stone not being hax
It's simply that I don't understand why the Stone would be hax. Yes, it "deconstructs" bodies but that's not an ability or something similar, it's just that the Power Stone completely overcharges bodies with cosmic energy to annihilate them and the destruction is simply slow at first

Maybe we can scale them from Thanos actually. Tivan stated only the strongest beings can hold them without problems and Thanos was able to hold the Stones. Since the Celestials are among the "strongest beings who can hold Stones category", we could possibly use this to scale them to this

Last edited:
Very confused by Ego's avatar rating tho along with quill's celestial rating but yeah Ego's is currently listed as

At least Building level (Fought against a Celestial Quill, destroyed some of the infrastructure within the moon in the battle), up to Multi-City Block level with powers

But why isn't it just the latter at multi-city block level they literally have a superpowered fight using powers and they're going all out against each other... It's weird that that's ignored in this granted ego was damaged by his blaster's but that's only when you consider that he was off guard and not fighting with the same powers he displayed against celestial quill

It's simply that I don't understand why the Stone would be hax. Yes, it "deconstructs" bodies but that's not an ability or something similar, it's just that the Power Stone completely overcharges bodies with cosmic energy to annihilate them and the destruction is simply slow at first

Maybe we can scale them from Thanos actually. Tivan stated only the strongest beings can hold them without problems and Thanos was able to hold the Stones. Since the Celestials are among the "strongest beings who can hold Stones category", we could possibly use this to scale them to this
I mean thanos who tanked the ig energy surge first time he used it
Is clearly damaged getting slightly deconstructed by the power stone

2:25 pay close attention to thanos hand

I mean thanos who tanked the ig energy surge first time he used it
Is clearly damaged getting slightly deconstructed by the power stone

2:25 pay close attention to thanos hand

Oh I know, don't worry. It's just that he was able to hold off the effects without even real discomfort. It affected him since he's not invincible but compared to even Ronan who could resist but was on his way of being obliterated, he only felt discomfort from it and the effects were very limited so he could resist the stuff.

Oh I know, don't worry. It's just that he was able to hold off the effects without even real discomfort. It affected him since he's not invincible but compared to even Ronan who could resist but was on his way of being obliterated, he only felt discomfort from it and the effects were very limited so he could resist the stuff.
Yeah my point was more Like it would more Like be hax since not even the energy sure did this
Taking an the ig surge should effect you more first try than just having the power stone in the hand
We seen before Power Stone being used for haxex too so wouldn't be weird

Yeah my point was more Like it would more Like be hax since not even the energy sure did this
Taking an the ig surge should effect you more first try than just having the power stone in the hand
We seen before Power Stone being used for haxex too so wouldn't be weird
True. In all honesty, I just remember the PS hax being paralyzing people with a wave and making a ship explode, otherwise it's limited to energy manip and projection
The again the question is can we use Thanos's case to scale Ego and Celestial Quill?

Very confused by Ego's avatar rating tho along with quill's celestial rating but yeah Ego's is currently listed as

At least Building level (Fought against a Celestial Quill, destroyed some of the infrastructure within the moon in the battle), up to Multi-City Block level with powers

But why isn't it just the latter at multi-city block level they literally have a superpowered fight using powers and they're going all out against each other... It's weird that that's ignored in this granted ego was damaged by his blaster's but that's only when you consider that he was off guard and not fighting with the same powers he displayed against celestial quill
@ArkhamDC06

People should stop automically assuming that being caught off guard drastically lowers your durability from a couple of to a thousands of times.

No everything is dragon ball, it has to be proven that there is an actual mechanic behind first.
People should stop assuming the power stone is deconstruction. The collector CLEARLY said that beings with extraordinary strength can hold the stone. Is it that hard to grasp?

I could agree with that, although at the same time usually you'd need some proof that his dura is lower when he's off guard.
People should stop automically assuming that being caught off guard drastically lowers your durability from a couple of to a thousands of times.

No everything is dragon ball, it has to be proven that there is an actual mechanic behind first.
It's not a big assumption Ego literally wasn't trying to fight there and he himself states that when he makes the avatar normally he normally tries to make it as human as possible without revealing himself so while I get what you're saying you shouldn't be making assumptions of the meaning of other people's words and arguements beforehand

Welp ik the stone stuff is still under discussion but like can we move forward with the change I proposed because that weird debunk or whatever that was that was given to try and knock what I proposed wasn't necessary in its tone and has been disproven by what I just said so I'd like to know if that is agreed on now at least

People should stop assuming the power stone is deconstruction. The collector CLEARLY said that beings with extraordinary strength can hold the stone. Is it that hard to grasp?

Fam, I'm not saying is decontruction, I'm saying that holding the stone doesn't have a set because of it's nature,

It's not a big assumption Ego literally wasn't trying to fight there and he himself states that when he makes the avatar normally he normally tries to make it as human as possible without revealing himself so while I get what you're saying you shouldn't be making assumptions of the meaning of other people's words and arguements beforehand

But, we aren't the ones making assumptions? Armor and I are responding to the literal arguments. Like I actually can't get what you saying in this part.

Yes, I know about the human avatars but where is stated that the human avatar can increase or decrease in power to the point that, say he would just shrugg off Quill's guns?

The way Ego uses his powers while serious is by using the elements of his planet to create large weapons and change the terrain for the enemy's disadvantage. Is unrelated to the strenght of his individual clones.

Yes, I know about the human avatars but where is stated that the human avatar can increase or decrease in power to the point that, say he would just shrugg off Quill's guns?

The way Ego uses his powers while serious is by using the elements of his planet to create large weapons and change the terrain for the enemy's disadvantage. Is unrelated to the strenght of his individual clones.
They literally start flying around and fighting while he's using the avatar(which is glowing blue because ego is using his powers) he only makes the elemental construct at the climax of his fight with celestial quill and even then they both survive the impact of his powers and the fall Ego doesn't even need to start regen from it and quill even gets up with the energy to fight...

10:47 onward

If you really want to bring up the constructs as well at 8:24 we blatantly see they can't even be damaged by Quill's blasters so your point is a counterpoint to what you're trying to argue because either way he'd still need durability to scale upwards in some way when using his powers.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm either some of the others here. Quill not dying to the power stone isn'ta 6-C feat. It's just that he's tougher than the average bear and had his friends there to help disperse the energy.
This is just a problem with this scene itself, but, the power stone is supposed to destroy stuff proportionately yet it didn't accommodate for the rest of them when it accommodated for the weird cultists that tried to collectively hold it? That always made me doubt the "changes depending on size" thing but... yeah.

How about we just make an discussion about celestial quill and ego avatar durability
Who knows there might be arguments for even large country dura for them
I personally think that's up for discussion but the large country definitely shouldn't scale to normal attacks and durability and besides Ego's Planet's actual durability is continent level

Back