• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Discussion (After Tony Stark)

I'm curious about the opinions on this, but let's say after Avengers 4, Tony Stark either Dies or Retires, do you think Tony would've set things up or makes moves to make the kid, Harley, from Iron Man 3 his successor? Do you think "He'll become 'Iron Lad' when Tony hangs up the suit, one way or another?"

The kid should still be fairly young, and completely inexperienced. If anything, it'll be either War Machine or Spiderman.

Jucaslucas said:
The kid should still be fairly young, and completely inexperienced. If anything, it'll be either War Machine or Spiderman.
Nah. The kid would be around Spiderman's age.

I would think Shuri, the only one intelligent enough to build a suit or Parker who is his protege would replace him once he bites. Hell, the actors for those two characters want a movie where they interact so Shuri could be the one carrying on the engineering while Parker does the heroics.

Anything is possible. Though I think if "Young" Avengers is in the pipeline, people would understand if Tony bequithed the Iron man legacy and such to him. Thus we have an Iron Lad / Riri Williams situation in the MCU.

The Reason I brought this up is because I don't think RDJ resigns after A4 and the actor and who plays "Harley" is listed as a cast member for the movie.

I don't think they'd go down the legacy route (Black Panther is an exception since that one is in-story tradition) since that's one of the gripes in Marvel comics; making literal copies of an existing superhero with some differences to replace said superheroes.How many Hulks, Thors and Iron Men do we need? At least Spidey's armor is different, and Rhodey ran alongside Iron Man.

Gemmysaur said:
I don't think they'd go down the legacy route (Black Panther is an exception since that one is in-story tradition) since that's one of the gripes in Marvel comics; making literal copies of an existing superhero with some differences to replace said superheroes.How many Hulks, Thors and Iron Men do we need? At least Spidey's armor is different, and Rhodey ran alongside Iron Man.
No, what I mean is, i'm sure you know Marvel would have a hard time "Replacing RDJ" if he doesn't come back. Some people say you can't even recast Tony Stark because RDJ embodies that character. Well, they don't have to. If they wanted to keep using "Iron Man" as a main stay in the MCU post RDJ, they don't have to recast him, just use another "Iron Man" Character.

That's what I mean by the "Iron Lad / Riri Williams". Fan's would riot because it's a Natural progression and IM3 built up enough of a Relationship between Tony and Harley to justify it, especially if they build upon it a little more.

I mean, it's been what, 6 years in the MCU since Harley was seen?

Been quite some time huh. I dunno if people would even remember her, but yeah, I get your point. Just that, I don't think they'll go legacy route but rather, pass his knowledge and resources to another, one that won't try to become Iron Man.

Back