• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU cosmology (spoilers)

I decided to put it in content revisions as it is part content revision/QnA/General discussion.
(Feel free to move it to general discussion)
The reason behind my concern is the Loki series that is coming out and we have the first episode where we learn some SPOILERS.

Time keepers fused the multiverse together into one timeline and if one branches out it gets destroyed. They seem to be the most powerful entities in MCU atm.

Thing is... What in the heck is Dormammu now?
He devours worlds and not planets, he absorbs universes into his dark dimension. How is it not affected by the time keepers? Is it because there's no time in Dormammu's dimension and thus it is an outlier of the universe, being a separate one? How did the other universes exist then? The ones he devoured i mean.
Are the time keepers just lying and there is a multiverse and we'll learn about it later? Is the "sacred timeline" actually multiversal in space but has one time? How will it affect the MCU cosmology?

I request answers or at least speculation.

the timelords are probs gonna die cause Dr. Strange multiverse of madness is coming like next year

I definitely think the Time Masters are lying skmehow

We know there’s a Multiverse thanks to that business with Dr. Strange and there’s rumblings about No way Home doing that as well

The timelines the Time Keepers fused aren't the same as the infinite dimensions in the multiverse. The dimensions are random stuff and the timelines are alt. things that happen in the history of 1 universe.

It's still a pointless retcon tho.

It’s maybe like Dragon Ball, where we can think about Future Trunks’s home as an alternate dimension, while something like universe 6 is an alternate universe, I know I’m wording this wrong.

The Time Keepers likely only fused together the timelines spawning off from the regular Marvel Cinematic Universe, not the unrelated universes with different laws of physics, such as Dormammu's domain, for example.

Back