• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s nice. A video that doesn’t mean anything when the emitter isn’t moving at speeds even approaching sub sonic nor is the camera even capable of recording at speeds that would allow to see a bend in the beam.

If I aim a laser pointer to my left and briefly turn it on then rotate it to the right to do the same, does the first beam that has already been emitted magically alter its position to stay in line with the current direction of the new beam? No. It doesn’t. Why? Because that would be stupid and go against how lasers actually work. And before someone tries to argue that they are two separate beams and thus would travel in different directions, even if you kept it on while rotating the laser pointer, the light that left it first would still be travelling that same direction even after you change the direction. This is the same shit with Carol except hers isn’t lightspeed.

9780241357538_05.JPG

Photon powers
could you send a link to this?

I don’t understand the appeal of light shows so I can’t say lol
Play some sick dance music and you're down
Like I said, I’m against it too. I’m just pointing out that it isn’t bending.
Ah that makes sense.
If the other criteria are met I can live with it but I don't think that's there.

Nothing but the Photon thing is brought up; there's not really any other statements it's light based and I certainly can't remember it being high temperature in the same way as like Heat Vision

I dont think that count as bending, if I move my arm faster than light, the trajectory of the countless photons will indeed change and it will be like the feat that happend
So photons & heating VS pushing back: 2 VS 1
It also travels in straight lines every time other than that one scan, but eh

Last edited:
Yeah as several people have said I feel like saying that's the light bending is iffy and doesn't really work here but this still doesn't meet the other requirements and needs more evidence

the Flash doesn't actually punch with infinite mass
no wait doesn't he actually do that
All jokes aside, yes, they are hot (which is not a criteria to be met), and they are called a photon...
now here are a number of reasons it isn't lightspeed-
  1. They explode.
  2. Never stated to be lightspeed; only fits one criteria
  3. Curves when Carol wills them to; real light does not curve naturally—the beams would have remained straight like Tony's wrist lasers
  4. They are cosmic energy blasts and are a result of being blasted by the Tesseract; cosmic Infinity Stone energy ≠ light
  5. They look like fire in this scene (just thought this was weird)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back