• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Maxwell vs. Bill Cipher

Jinsye

She/Her
With Maxwell's recent ascension to 2-A, let's see how he does against other 2-As.

Summoning other 2-As and High 2-As is disabled, else Maxwell would be too strong to fight against any other 2-A.

Speed Equalized.

Who wins?

Rooster Head: 0

Dorito Ma: 1

Inconclusive: 1

Maxwell-1
Bill-cipher
THIS PARTY NEVER STOPS. TIME IS DEAD AND MEANING HAS NO MEANING. EXISTENCE IS UPSIDE DOWN AND I REIGN SUPREME. WELCOME ONE AND ALL TO WEIRDMAGEDDON!

@Gar

Max is 3-D with 2-A power, so Bill's haxes work. Should be fair I think

Gargoyle One said:
Max: (Writes Die)

Bill: (Dies)

Soooooo......

Stomp?
Don't think it's a stomp.

If Bill was serious enough he would mess Maxwell's face up. But if you were to take one good look at a kid with that hat fighting you. Yeah I don't think Bill would take it seriously enough.

Does Bill even need to be serious to reality warp the opponent? He wasn't serious against the town people, and they got all turned into stone or got their faces messed up.

Well it's really a who hits first kinda deal and seeing as how one of maxwells weaknesses is that he prefers not to kill his opponents I think Bill has a pretty fair chance of killing maxwell before maxwell toughs up and kills him.

So I'll throw my vote for Bill seeing as how Bill in character would kill maxwell and the likelyhood of maxwell dealing the fatal blow to Bill early on in the fight is pretty low

Even so, Maxwell could probably either put Docile (or some other word that makes him a pacifist) or Petrified on Bill.

There's also the possibility of Bill starting the fight by blasting him with energy... Which wouldn't be able to one-shot Maxwell, since he has 2-A durability, and would give him time to write on his notebook.

In that case, Bill wins because writing a word takes more time than snapping your fingers.

It makes them willing to kill. Not bloodlusted, Bill would probably dick around with Maxwell for too long.

Depends on what Bill starts doing.

Uses one-shoting hax (******* up his face, turning him into stone, etc.) = R.I.P Maxwell.

Tries to attack in any other way = R.I.P Bill.

So I will change my vote to inconclusive seeing as how it really depends on how Bill is feeling when fighting Maxwell and what he uses first and if maxwell wants to put Bill down

I'm voting for Bill for a very simple reason. While Maxwell is extremely powerful, his journal works as his greatest strength and his greatest weakness. Once Bill spots Maxwell writing in his journal, he can pull off a move like he did with Dipper's journals and burn it to ash, hindering Max, if not ultimately taking away his one source of power. Like Royalty said, writing a word takes more time than snapping your fingers, and Bill is much more malicious than Maxwell in this case. Looks like Bill found a new backscratcher.

Winner: Bill Cipher

Even if Maxwell's notebook is destroyed, he can fight physically.

Granted if he tries to fight physically Bill would just turn him into a statue.

I'd like to think of the Shacktron fighting Bill as PIS.

Don't forget about Bill's "infinite" knowledge. Remember that he was able to predict Gideon's giant robot and his eventual sentence to prison, and was able to take advantage of it once he got free. In this same way, he would most likely know about Maxwell's powers and be able to destroy them at its source.

And even not counting this, having a kid writing in a journal right in front of him, a being of ultimate power, would surely raise an eyebrow.

As per the Standard Battle Assumptions page.

Knowledge of the other character/verse: The fighters will have absolutely no prior knowledge of each other.

Even so, Bill would probably take a peek inside the notebook. Depends on how fast Maxwell can write.

If Bill pulls it off in time, he'll just take away the notebook and burn it to troll Maxwell.

If Bill doesn't pull it off in time, he'd get existence erased or transmutated or turned to stone or turned into a pacifist quickly.

Stuff like omniscience only works in universe, we don't give omniscients prior knowledge instantly, and I really doubt he would look at a kid he has never seen in his life, writing in a notebook that he has no idea what it does, and would suddenly assume that it is a magic notebook that is powerful enough to destroy him, and that he must get rid of it immediatly.

Edwardtruong2006 said:
As per the Standard Battle Assumptions page.
Knowledge of the other character/verse: The fighters will have absolutely no prior knowledge of each other.
Oh, of course. My bad. Even still, as I said, Maxwell suddenly pulling out his journal would immediately raise some red flags for Bill, especially since Stanford and Dipper used their journals to attempt to get an upper hand on him. Bill would very likely want to eliminate any way of him getting destroyed, and burning the journal in Maxwell's hands would do just that.

(Plus, as is stated in Maxwell's character profile, "He needs to write the item first to use it, his innocent personality means he'd prefer not kill or harm his opponents." So, after seeing him doing something like that, he would certainly take action.)

Bill FRA

He would notice the power of the notebook and burn it. He knows to be careful around this stuff, and even without prior knowledge can predict what will happen. Bill then outhaxes maxwell once the book is destroyed

The 2nd Existential Seed said:
@Bump. You guys realize the book also tanked the 2-A Attacks as well... Right ?
Wait really? Well in that case I don't see any way Bill can win. Maxwell and his book should be resistant to Bill's techniques long enough to let Maxwell write something and render Bill harmless.

You guys do realise that the last time Bill faced a kid with a notebook, he was all like "show me what you got" right? Assuming that his first move would be to destroy the notebook without any prior knowledge makes no sense.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
You guys do realise that the last time Bill faced a kid with a notebook, he was all like "show me what you got" right? Assuming that his first move would be to destroy the notebook without any prior knowledge makes no sense.
But that was because he knew Dipper couldn't do anything. He's taunting Dipper because he knows Dippe is screwed in that context.

However he know she how dangerous the journals are, seeing another kid with a book like that would make him cautious because he knows it would be powerful like the journals but he doesn't know Maxwell, so he should be serious right away

Dude, without prior knowledge, Bill's gonna think he's just another human, he's not gonna that him seriously. Seriously, when the hell did post-liberation Bill ever approach anything cautiously?

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Dude, without prior knowledge, Bill's gonna think he's just another human, he's not gonna that him seriously. Seriously, when the hell did post-liberation Bill ever approach anything cautiously?
True, but he canonically has had experience with Stanford Pines, and knows how powerful the journals are. He didn't take Dipper seriously because he knew he couldn't do anything even with the journals. If he can predict the future like he has shown like reminding Ford he's gonna die at 92 to a heart attack or that Gideon's plan actually will occur, he will see how powerful this book and is and take it seriously. That's my opinion anyway.

Also he took the Time Baby seriously at first. He told everyone to leave it to him just in case something would happen

Bill doesn't "know how powerful journals are", the journals didn't contributed to his defeat in any way, and he just burnt them to humiliate Dipper, he doesn't take those things serously at all, he also has never used his Precognition in combat and only took the time Baby seriously because he knew how powerful he was, Bill has no prior knowledge on Maxwell, so he's gonna think he is just a normal kid. The only reason I think this is inconclusive is because even a non-serious Bill could still just turn Maxwell into stone.

to be honest most reasons arent good

maxwell doesent have 2a dura, he needs to specificly write it down for that to happen, hes also a good person and while willing to kill, he would try to do so in a peacfull manner and he never used "dead " adverb in any oh his canon scenes, as he has a hero complex, infact, he would probably try docile or friendly, as willing=wanting to kill

bill will not start out serius either. as he has no prior knowlege

they are also 4 kms away, so max cant add abjectives to bill, as humans can only see 3.1 kms away from themself.

as for a vote, i vote inconclusive, bill is chaotic enough to simply teleprt infront of max, but hes could also just have him petrified or send goons to take care of him

max loves cool fights, enough so that he created the marvel multiverse just for the fun, and would likely try to fight bill instead of oneshotting

and if anyone wants to say "you can play with maxwell as you want", thats true, however, there are canon cutscenes and actions that you have to take

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Bill doesn't "know how powerful journals are", the journals didn't contributed to his defeat in any way, and he just burnt them to humiliate Dipper, he doesn't take those things serously at all, he also has never used his Precognition in combat and only took the time Baby seriously because he knew how powerful he was, Bill has no prior knowledge on Maxwell, so he's gonna think he is just a normal kid. The only reason I think this is inconclusive is because even a non-serious Bill could still just turn Maxwell into stone.
He definetly knows how powerful the journals are. In sock opera he wants the journals destroyed because he realises their threat to him. Its the whole point of the episodes.

After he burns the journals in wierdmaggedon 1 he even says

"Not much of a threat now are you"

Yeah, because is Sock Opera, he still hadn't reach his physical form, so his plan could still go wrong at that point. 2-A Bill is he at his peak, where basically nothing can stop him, the journals even says that there's no way to beat him, he basically already won, there's no way he is going to be afraid of a kid with a book.

Back