• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I know personally that admin has no forcing the time(weather) to add matches up all the day but it is necessary really found a solution

• I am going to be reprimanded violently but me has to speak about it, saddened but.... it is far too long, there is match up who are literaly forgotten, more people wonders of bump a match up but it is normal, there is a lot of match in demand of addition and I can assure you that if you not bump'd your match up at the end of some day, it will never be to add.
  • To make list of the match has to add is one a good one(a maid) idea but very hard has to set up (and are most not to add lol) it is a big brothel
  • I thought and I think that it would be necessary to define people having for mission to add match up, it would solve the problem of the long wait
If other people have a solution you can propose it, thanks

Well yea only real solution is having some people assigned for it as in picking a few staff members

or making a competely new Staff role

Well the thing is that not a lot of the staff members have a lot of time to submit the profiles since they most likely have other duties to do either in the site or IRL. Not to mention that only certain staff members have access to unlocking the profiles.

It is indeed frusturating when you submit a concluded match that never gets added. The main issue is that the few members that can access locked profiles (Admins and Bureaucrats) are often busy with the duties the have around the site. I personally think that some trusted members that have time should be allowed to go onto said profiles and add the matchups.

I can add basically any vs. matches if they're:

A. Directly submitted to me on my wall.

B. Have the parameters specified.

I'd be willing to do it for most threads given to me.

I could shed of some of my time and add the results for unlocked profiles

@The Ever

I recently compiled matches that needs to be added.

Theyre ones that I didnt compile after my Compilation Wave.

Not sure if they're still up to date though

This is personally one of the biggest issues I have with this WIki actually. I know it's an indexing site and vs matchups are low on the food chain but it's very depressing to see so many concluded matchups getting bumped, requested, forgotten, and eventually necro'd yet it still doesn't get added.

Like, I've been really patient in regards to this matchup. Bumping every week or two, and requesting it once without spamming on the addition thread, ect. Yet it doesn't get added and people who spam concluded matchups on a mods wall or bump it in the addition thread every day get their thread added faster than people who only post it once, like they are supposed to.

Just an example ^

And no I'm not saying it's a BIG DEAL in the grand scheme of things since it's a personal annoyance, but it would be nice to get the matchups added quicker and more efficiently, whether by giving some people access to locked profiles or any other means. I'm sure many people agree with me.

Other than Admins and Bureaucrats, only contents Moderator who can edit the locked profiles.

Ad we have like three of them right now (Unless I'm missing someone)

The problem is that the staff currently usually barely have the time to help out with content revision threads, much less calculation creation requests, which are both far more important than adding versus threads, and I am constantly busy making sure that there is no vandalism or any bad edits.

As I have mentioned earlier, I cannot force the staff to constantly spend their time adding concluded versus matchups, especially considering the more important aspects of the wiki work that they also barely have time with thanks to school.

In a worst case scenario, if our regular members are causing the thread to go out of control out of impatience, it might be better to discontinue the management thread in question, and simply stop adding matchup results to closed profiles.

Ant, did you read what we mentioned earlier about some trusted members being allowed to access the profiles and add the matchups? So the staff no longer need to bother with adding them?

That would require making them into content moderators, and we have strict safety measures in place to only promote members that the rest of the staff trust.

Versus thread additions are really not too important; we more of an indexing wiki rather than a debating one. The VS threads are mostly there just for fun. So yeah, no need to give a new role. Instead, just continue with the threads and don't constantly bump the same addition over and over again. Only bump if it's from a previous thread. Although, politely asking a content mod or Admin also works, but don't expect them to respond right away or anything is all.

Yes, the versus threads are only there for entertainment. They are not meant to be taken seriously. The point of this wiki is to index statistics.

Well, it is created for the purpose of guiding and helping Vs devating communities. It's also what the name was when it was first created, and has gone through plenty of changes over the years yes, but we can't really just change the name like that.

While no one has to use the site and follow every single guideline; their YouTube series in what not is welcome to create their own rules. But at the same time, other shows which will remain unnamed for reasons, but some examples should be obvious, is welcome to look at our site for in depth research of a character's stats.

The Everlasting said:
Because that's what the guy who founded the wiki called it and changing it isn't exactly easy.
Exactly, and changing the name to "The Character Statistics Wiki" would also lose us a large part of our current brand recognition, and as such drastically lessen our visitor statistics.

It is too late to change the name, but that doesn't mean that our main purpose is a versus matchup forum.

I'm getting the feeling the question was pretty much answered, should we preferably close the thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back