• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Master Combatants: Batman vs Wolf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try making one against the dozen or so points that were made against Wolf first. The entire final third of this thread has consisted of everyone debunking your arguments while you've failed to do the same to any of ours.

In the meantime, I'm heading to work. I'll be back whenever.

I made a rebuttal to that before already. We know Old Lady Butterfly uses illusions, we are told directly she trained them, we know that's what she uses on Wolf many times. Since "illusions are so real you actually take damage" is not even an uncommon fiction trope and the Phantom Butterfly's explicitly mention them making a special sound that summons the butterflies.

There's a lot more supporting them being illusions than not, and Batman has resistance to illusions.

Schnee One said:
Not even mad. Just too busy to deal, worked a 16 hour shift. Wolf will/should lose about 50% of his matches if the people making them are to be trusted. Or incon. I disagree with the outcome but to get angry over a loss? Yer looking at the wrong internet filth to spite there, Garg.
Take a joke, jeez.
Jokes don't exist in Toot Land. Ten thousand years shame upon your family.

Aridwolverine said:
Sekiro is a shinobi, he doesn't care about honor. He'll rely on any esoteric means of winning. That was how he was raised.
This match is toast anyways and I sorta gave up awhile ago, but this is outright false. Depending on your path you take, Wolf is (optimally) pretty honorable in his own right. He stands by the master he was told to protect and unlike everyone else in the world, doesn't seek to spite him and steal his immortality somehow. In fact he seeks to end it, believing it corrupts the hearts of men.

Wolf is a good dude.

Also he'd like never torch a forest for no reason, much easier to use the place as a grappling hook paradise.

Anyhoo. That is all.

Looking at the rules, nothing states an inconclusive match can be added with grace. It explicitly states that inconclusive can only be reached when both sides are recognized as having equivalent arguments. There is only 1 incon vote and no one person here would have the authority to judge a thread's arguments as inconclusive.

So, right now?

Batman - 10

Wolf 7-8

Inconclusive - 1

Depending on whether or not Wolf has 8 votes, Batman could be in grace right now. If this is, indeed, grace due to Wolf being at 7 acknowledged votes, Batman would have 7 more hours before this can be added as a win.

Which vote was it that warrants having Wolf at '7-8'?

Cryo, I don't really care about the match anymore, I think you're wrong and you think I'm wrong, oh well.

But I will update you on wiki policy. Incon can also be reached by each side having equal votes over 7. That results in incon.

Wait, @Mr. Bambu, the minimum for validity is a vote difference of 3 votes when there is at least 7 total votes.

Versus Thread Rules

For a verdict, there must be at least seven votes in favor of one character/team, with a minimum difference of three votes. Some examples:

• A final vote tally of 6-0 will be considered invalid.
  • A final vote tally of 7-0 will be considered valid.
  • A final vote tally of 7-4 will be considered valid.
  • A final vote tally of 7-5 will be considered invalid.

Yes, I'm aware. Matches have been added as incon if they get stuck at dead-even votes.

Mr. Bambu said:
This match is toast anyways and I sorta gave up awhile ago, but this is outright false. Depending on your path you take, Wolf is (optimally) pretty honorable in his own right. He stands by the master he was told to protect and unlike everyone else in the world, doesn't seek to spite him and steal his immortality somehow. In fact he seeks to end it, believing it corrupts the hearts of men.

Wolf is a good dude.
You can be good without being honorable. Standing up and protecting your master is a respectable sign of loyalty, which although a good trait to have, is not the same as honor.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
I made a rebuttal to that before already. We know Old Lady Butterfly uses illusions, we are told directly she trained them, we know that's what she uses on Wolf many times. Since "illusions are so real you actually take damage" is not even an uncommon fiction trope and the Phantom Butterfly's explicitly mention them making a special sound that summons the butterflies.
There seems to be some misunderstanding with how illusions which I can understand.

The illusions Batman faces are hallucinations, mental or psychological, or at least that's what the scans on his profile shows. Essentially, the illusions he faces are fake and he can see through them.

However, the Phantom Kunai is not fake. The illusions from Lady Butterfly are more like summons and less of the "illusions are so real you actually take damage" trope. No they are actually real. They can tear through clothing, shed blood, can physically push and be pushed etc. Something the illusions that Batman faces can't do. How would Batman's illusion resistance come into play here?

Considering Wolf was the only one unwilling to turn his back on the child he pledged to protect, I'd call him honorable.

While I don't care much about the match, I'd agree with Arid if he's not wrong. Illusions that are so good they seem real/function as real > illusions that don't meet this criteria.

Mr. Bambu said:
Yes, I'm aware. Matches have been added as incon if they get stuck at dead-even votes.
I see. I think inconclusive is good. Grace period has been past already.

None, really. Match seems intent on hanging on by a thread, same for Wolf's match versus Zer0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back