• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MASSIVE Shovel Knight revisions

I don't think that's how speed works. You'd have to calculate Shovel Knight's distance moved to the meteors, and the calc to do that would be calc stacking.

Also,that isn't what calcstacking is.It'd be calcstacking if I took a value from a completely different scene and applied that to the meteor speed.Here?It would be completely valid. Do you just not like the idea of upgrading Shovel Knight so much?Either way itd still apply to DC regardless.

I never said anything about the AP. And I don't care whether he's upgraded or not. I do my job and try not to get fired. Calc stacking is taking one feat and applying the feat to calculate something else. That is what would have to be done here. Never said you did it, but I am saying that in order to get Shovel Knight's speed as opposed to Black Knight's attack speed, you will. Because Shovel Knight isn't just dodging them as soon as they come from space. He's dodging them after they travel a significant distance. That's why not all lightning timers aren't Mach 1000+. That's why most bullet timers are in the subsonic range. That's why most true laser feats are relativistic. You see what I mean?

He isn't dodging them when they're thousands of miles away.He's dodging them when they are at most near the top of the screen which is at most a couple dozen meters away.And failing that?There's always the low end irl meteor speed of mach 32.

I disagree 100%. This is wank, and there is no implication that the meteors came from orbit. This is just a magic attack.

Matthew Schroeder said:
I disagree 100%. This is wank, and there is no implication that the meteors came from orbit. This is just a magic attack.
There is no indication that anyone in Shovel Knight can create matter from nothing so I'm gonna have to invoke Oocams razor unless ypu can provide any reason to believe that Black Knight can in fact create something from nothing.

Furthermore,even if I substitute with baseline ablation speed you STILL get 111.5 tons so either way shovelry still needs to be upgraded.

No, you are not using Occam's Razor. You are just using the highest possible interpretation that is not indicated by nothing. Black Knight was using magic, it was no different than creating balls of energy or fireballs.

There actually is a way better feat to upgrade Shovel Knight. It's called the Ultimate Potion.

Ok fine.I'll humor you.let's instead use the absolute baseline speed you can use for a flaming meteor 2000 m/s.

Ke=1/2mv2

Ke=1/2(233320)(2000)2

Ke=1/2(233320)(4000000)

Ke=1/2(933280000000)

Ke=466640000000 joules or 111.5 tons of tnt

Either way it's an upgrade.

It is not a flaming 2000 m/s meteor. It is a thing created from Black Knight's magic, not an actual meteor pulled from the exosphere.

Dude,I used the absolute bare minimum speed for an ablating object.How is it unreasonable to use ablation speed for this yet this site accepts hypersonic Fire Emblem from an identical attack?

FE is hypersonic from dodging an MHS+ attack. Hypersonic isn't exactly unreasonable. Also, cloud to ground lightning is normally just that.

No.FE is hypersonic from dodging meteor.Bolting isn't even in most FE games yet you still have the awakening guys at hypersonic. I mean,I don't think that it's unreasonable to assume that a flaming meteor is moving at least fast enough to create flame around itself.

Back