• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Massive problem with SCP-3000's ranking

So uh, is nobody gonna mention that 3000 is only 2.5-10 meters in diameter? Yes, its length is hundreds of thousands of times greater than its height and width, which is specified in the first paragraph of its description and solidified with pictures http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-3000. Not only is the thing nowhere near as massive as once thought, it's literally impossible for it to use even a fraction of its actual size against anyone. The creature's so thin that a strand of hair puts it to shame. Its head could fit inside of a megalodon's mouth. There's no possible way this eel can threaten an island to a small country being so unproportional and small.

I believe the tier was the result of a KE calc, though it would be wise to find another way to calc the AP of the eel.

Sir Ovens said:
I believe the tier was the result of a KE calc, though it would be wise to find another way to calc the AP of the eel.
I'm just gonna calculate its mass. First off, I'm using this picture of a moray eel as a reference https://www.masterliveaboards.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/moray-eel-swimming.jpg. The biggest parts of its body are approximately 1/13th of its total length of 3 meters or .2308 meters. The largest sections of SCP-3000 are 10 meters in diameter. Now lets find the size gap by multiplying the difference in measurements of their dimensions together. 10/.2308 x 10/.2308 x 900,000/3 = 563183141.15. The mass of the eel is 29.937 kg. 29.937 x 563183141.15 = 16,900,000,000kg, which is class G. It obviously can't use even a fraction of this mass due to the fact that its length is tens of thousands of times greater than everything else, making it laughably thinner than a ribbon worm. I have nothing factual to say regarding what it can realistically destroy because I'm not sure how to calculate that. In my opinion, it's probably small building level, since it's about as tall and wide as the real life giants of the past. At the very least though, I downgraded its overall size by quite a bit.

WeeklyBattles said:
We've had like three threads on this
No disrespect, but I don't see how that's possible considering how obvious this issue is. Seriously, it's a creature with a head so small that a megalodon could bite it off.

Remember the article itself states "The full length of SCP-3000 is impossible to determine, but is hypothesized to be between 600 and 900 kilometres. The head of SCP-3000 measures roughly 2.5m in diameter, and sections of the body proper are as large as 10m in diameter."

Diameter is end to end assuming the creature's body is mostly circular, the head of a human for instance. It may be massive given that, but not to argue any math, it is stated it rarely moves and tends to only both with its head when doing to. Besides that, even if it fully moved, we'd be making sheer guesswork (although the high and low ends wouldn't effect its Tier much, given a 300 kilometre difference would still be crazy to bother with due to the fact not all of the SCP's length is consistently thick or wide in diameter).

Moreover than the AP of the entity, you have to remember it excretes something from its skin when hunting. This is already completely absent from our wiki's entry on it, given its hard to miss, being in the first few sentences of its description. It is implied that function has an effect or practical purpose when hunting and eating, which may matter more than AP for VS threads and accuracy of the SCP's power(s). SCP doesn't get popular off sheer AP, inside or outside of this wiki.

Sorry for trying to shift the goalpost, but if we're doing yet another 3000 revision, we may as well get something right instead of arguing and closing a thread and changing nothing at all.

Back