• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Massive Doki Doki Literature Club ! Revisions

So i've been reading over Doki Doki Literature Club several times and upon my readings i've found some interesting findings that could upgrade the verse to massive levels

Okay before i get to meat of this revision i have some abilities that you should add to Monika's Powers & Abilities section

Empathic Manipulation: In the game Monika is said to be the one altering the characters personalities and emotions to make them unlikable thus making US (The Player) dislike them more

Space-Time Manipulation: Given Monika has control over the very game itself it should be likely she can utilize the ability to Save and Load just like The Player, She also has control over The Game's Space-Time iirc

Now we move onto the meat of this Revision

2-A Monika

Monika while singing her poem mentions who there exists infinite choices which means Doki Doki Literature has Infinite Possibilities thus Infinite Universes. This would also kinda fall in line with SAVES being alternate timelines or universes

https://imgur.com/G7W4vRX

Now you may be saying...This could be a figure of speech but thing is about that, Monika states that her Poems are about her realizations about the world she lives in meaning this final poem has relevance in what it contains

https://imgur.com/cbBZxFw

Now if this is true that could make Monika Multiverse Level+ as she destroyed the entire game world which contains these Infinite Universes or Infinite Choices

This should also scale to everyone else in the verse seeing how they can become President as well (Theoretically that is)

But wait we aren't done yet...On top of this Monika's Intellgence should be Nigh-Omniscient as they know essentially everything there is to know about the game, every event that is and has happened and their knowledge likely spans across The Multiverse so yeah that should warrant that level of intellegence

So yeah those are my revisions...Feedback would be nice

When she sings, she is talking about the real world, since she doesnt know how to love you there, since she is a visual novel character.

Kyle Ramos said:
When she sings, she is talking about the real world, since she doesnt know how to love you there, since she is a visual novel character.
Thing is same statement even appears in her Happy End Poem which again to remind you all peoms written by her are realizations about the world including her own

Infinite possibilities being confirmed in a multiverse would have a "likely" rating with it since it's not exactly a concrete Multiversal+ feat but rather a "likely Multiversal+" feat.

Infinite Possibilities =/= Infinite Universes. For that to be true, all those possibilities would need to exist at once, which they don't, as the Doki Doki game is limited to 54 timelines at once.

Nigh-Omniscience is contradicted too often for that to happens. Despite her control over the game, she talks about being surprised by unpredicted events or undesired side effects often, such as Yuri telling her to kill herself, the "crash" of the Poem she wrote or her accidentally leaving The Player stuck next to Yuri's corpse.

The abilities above seems fine, however.

Like i said, she is talking about the real world.

The choices in the game are limited. The save slots are limited. The things she can say on the Space Time Classroom are limited.

Just like Saikou said, there are no infinite universes just because she says there are infinite choices. Its a method of speech that she doesnt know how to love you,.

lulz This Visual Novel almost reach the Undertale

2-A tiering? heck noooo, this isn't like Undertale just because said infinite choices this isn't like Minecraft just because said poem, Inconclusion Metaphorical stomps Poem

night-omniscence doesent work either, as she didnt know the info well enough for it.

though se is capable of seeing whitout being there

Controvercial note here - club president powers are 1A. Monika just isn't skilled enough with them to prove it, which is why she shouldn't be 1A-ranked. Technically Monika's only powers are data manipulation and resistence to "existence erasure" (specifically deletion on a computer), but she lives in a digital world where everything is made of data, so she seems to be a reality warper from the perspective of characters in that world. Her data manipulation clearly extends to beyond the hardcoded architecture of the game, so there's nothing stopping her from recoding DDLC to include more save slots that it starts with - aside from the fact that she isn't a good enough coder to do so yet. So how many save files the game can hold shouldn't be seen as a measure of her limits like it was for Undertale feats.
Now! The reason I brought all that up was just to demonstrate that trying to shoehorn Monika into a specific tier of metaversal influence based off of meta-narrative mechanics rather than just interpreting her powers as given, is pointless. Whether her page says 2C or 2A is irrelevant and changes none of her matchups. From her perspective she's not even influencing "universes" or "timelines" in the first place - she's just influencing bits and bytes all on one computer. The number of them would just affect how long it takes her to affect/delete them all. ... But yes, she can affect potentially infinite "universes" (save files) given time, if people insist on treating saves as "universes".

^TL;DR Windy rant about how Monika transcends the concept of universes, finite or otherwise, so she shouldn't be 2A either. Personally I advocate changing her tier to "At least Low 2C, possibly far higher". That keeps purely to what we see her do, while leaving it clear to people who haven't played DDLC and just read her page that she can bat higher through logical applications of hax.

Also, nigh-omniscience is a bust. She just... Doesn't know what you think she does.

Empathic Manipulation is ok, as is spacetime manipulation.

I used to really like Monika but THAT versus thread makes me really wish Project Libitina has her downgraded to 2 Dimensional.

Back