• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Massive Astral Chain CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valiant_Abyss

He/Him
Come one, come all! It's time for the content revision thread (also a content addition thread) for the most underrated action game of 2019. I worked on this CRT alongside Parzival-Bo. Credit for calcs go to him. Strap your seatbelts cause this is going to be a bit of a long ride. This CRT will be broken down into 3 main sections:

1.) Endgame Legionis upgrade
2.) Introduction of new characters
3.) Verse scaling chart

Part 1.) Legionis Upgrade

AP:
Legionis' endgame key is currently High 6-A which comes from scaling to Noah Prime. Noah Prime's High 6-A feat comes from his database entry stating that Noah is capable of redshifting (destroying) Earth, which we currently use the assumption that Noah is capable of destroying the surface of the planet at minimum. However, the same database entry also states:
"When Yoseph and his Akira clones dissipated, they left behind this embodiment of the Astral Plane. The ultimate chimera, Noah Prime exists only to redshift the entire planet Earth."
Why is the bolded part important? It's important because Jena Anderson directly states the Astral Plane as being "vast, far larger than planet Earth." (cutscene found here at 1:04:45) Jena is a very reliable source, as she was Yoseph Calvert's top assistant and a very high ranking person at the Aegis Research Institute before her disappearance, previous to when the game starts, that lasted 20 years. Jena has also displayed knowledge about the Astral Plane on par with Yoseph's. In addition there's nothing that contradicts Jena's statement in the game. During Jena's monologue about the Astral Plane, she also states the Astral Plane to be "infinite for all intents and purposes," something which Yoseph and the database itself also states about the Astral Plane. The database also clearly saying Noah Prime is capable of redshifting the ENTIRE earth is merely more supporting evidence.

Suggestion: At least 5-B, likely far higher. Higher in Legion Fusion.

Lifting Strength:
Currently Legionis is Class K with Arm Legion because of a calc that Parzival-Bo did a while back. Well I found a similar feat with a significantly larger door. I'll just link the calc right here.

Suggestion: Regular Human, likely Class 5, Class M with Arm Legion.

Part 2.) Character Additions

Me and Parzival have decided to kick off the verse with profiles for...

- Jena Anderson
- Yoseph Calvert
- Akira Howard
- Noah
- Homunculi

I'll try to shortly sum up why we tiered them the way we did. For the sake of this CRT not getting too long, if questions are asked regarding the character's abilities and why we gave them what we did, I'll be glad to respond in the replies.

Jena Anderson

A gifted scientist and Yoseph's former top assistant. As his right hand, Jena Anderson proved invaluable to Yoseph's research into saving humankind. However, one day, she disappeared without a trace. Nearly twenty years since Jena's disappearance, she has reappeared on the Ark. More powerful than ever before, Jena is determined to put an end to Yoseph's work.

Tier: At least 9-A | 8-C | Low 7-B possibly 7-B | Low 7-B possibly 7-B
Classification: Human, Scientist, Half-Aberration

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Genius Intelligence, Extrasensory Perception (can see invisible enemies), Portal Creation, Hand-to-Hand Combat, Resistance to Biological Manip/Corruption | All previous abilities, natural weaponry, Energy manip and projection, Ice Manip, Electricity Manip | All previous abilities to a greater extent, True Flight, Fire manip, resistance to fire | All previous abilities to a far greater extent, Gravity manip, Large Size (type 1), Summoning.

Attack Potency: Small Building level (comparable to police officers, who can fight aberrations) | Building level+ (One-shot and nearly killed Pre-Sync Akira) | Small City level+ possibly City level+ (Fought almost evenly with a Post-Sync Legionis) | Small City level+ possibly City level+ (stronger than before)

Speed: Supersonic (kept up with Legionis)

Intelligence: Extraordinary Genius (will give explanation if asked)

Key: Base | Aberrant | Asymptote | Apotheosis

Yoseph Calvert

A brilliant scientist and one of the very few people aware of the truth behind the destruction brought by the Astral Plane. Yoesph Calvert spearheaded the project to create the Legions to fight back against the invisible chimeric invaders from the Astral Plane. Yoseph established Neuron, A special police task force to control the Legions and appointed himself as the commander.

Tier: 10-B | Unknown
Classification: Human, Scientist, Neuron Task Force Commander

Powers and Abilities: Genius intelligence | Unknown

Attack Potency: Human level (is a normal 63 year old man) | Unknown

Speed: Human level | Unknown

Intelligence: Extraordinary Genius (will give explanation if asked)

Key: Base | Fused With The Astral Plane

Akira Howard

Akira Howard is the younger twin of the Legionis. The pair become police officers together because of their admiration of their adoptive father, Maximilian Howard. The twins are thrust into action and given their own Legions as the new recruits to the Special Police Task Force, Neuron.

Tier: 9-A. 8-C with Arrow Legion | Low 7-B possibly 7-B | At least 5-B, likely far higher. Higher in Legion Fusion
Classification: Human, Legionis, Neuron Task Force Officer

Powers and Abilities: Exactly the same as pre-sync Legionis | All prior abilities, upgraded Legions allow for: statistics amplification, time manipulation, regeneration (low to mid-low), Technology manip, Summoning (blade legion), resistance to status effect inducement (this includes poisoning, burning, freezing, paralysis, being slowed through sticky substances, and stunning from loud sounds | Same as Endgame Legionis

Attack Potency: Small Building level (can fight aberrations). Building level+ with Arrow Legion (can damage Enceladus, who knocked down a bridge) | Small City level+, possibly City level+ (comparable to Post-Sync Legionis) | At least Planet level, likely far higher (fought Endgame Legionis to a draw). Higher with in Legion Fusion.

Lifting Strength: Regular Human, likely Class 5 with Legions (overpowered Laius who can effortlessly toss a small truck into the air).

The other statistics for Akira are basically the exact same as Legionis.

Key: Pre-Sync | Post-Sync/Raven Armor | Endgame

Noah

Tier: Unknown | Unknown | At least 5-B, likely far higher
Classification: Soul of Ambition | The Heart of Noah | Embodiment of The Astral Plane, Ultimate Chimera

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Large Size (Type 3), Energy Manipulation and Projection, Gravity Manipulation | Superhuman physical characteristics, Large Size (Type 0), Energy Manipulation and Projection, Forcefield creation | Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Martial Arts, Hair Manipulation, Energy Manipulation and Projection, Teleportation, Fire Manipulation, Ice Manipulation, Air Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, Gravity Manipulation, Duplication, Levitation, Afterimage Creation, Corruption/Biological Manipulation, Extrasensory Perception (can see invisible enemies), invisibility, Berserk Mode, Resistance to Corruption/Biological Manipulation.

Attack Potency: Unknown | Unknown | At least Planet Level likely far higher (Noah Prime is the embodiment of the Astral Plane which is far larger than Earth and possibly infinite).

Speed: Supersonic (can keep up with Legionis)

Lifting Strength: Unknown

Intelligence: High

Key: Noah Soul of Ambition
| Noah Core | Noah Prime

Homunculi

The Homunculi are bioweapons created by Jena Anderson and are common bosses in Astral Chain.

Tier: Unknown | At least High 8-C | Low 7-B, possibly 7-B | Low 7-B, possibly 7-B | Low 7-B, possibly 7-B
Classification: Homunculus, Chimera Absorber

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Surface Scaling | All previous abilities, Large Size (type 1), energy manipulation and projection, acid manipulation, adhesive manipulation, natural weaponry | All previous abilities to a greater extent, Body Control, Absorption, Reactive Evolution | All previous abilities to a far greater extent, explosion manipulation | All previous abilities, Large Size (Type 2)

Attack Potency: Unknown | At least High 8-C (Destroyed a skyscraper-sized structure) | Small City level+, possibly City level+ (Can harm Post-Sync Legionis) | Small City level+, possibly City level+ (Stronger than before) | Small City level+, possibly City level+ (Stronger than before)

Speed: Unknown | Immobile travel speed (does not have legs), with Supersonic combat speed (kept up with Legionis) | Supersonic | Supersonic | Supersonic

Lifting Strength: Unknown
| Class 5 (Lifted a small truck) | Class 10 (Tossed a medium lift helicopter) | Class 10 | Class 10

Intelligence:
Can understand basic commands, but generally animalistic

Key: Mini Homunculi | Homunculus Alpha | Homunculus Beta | Homunculus Gamma | Homunculus Delta

Part 3.) General Verse Scaling Chart

Top Tiers (5-B likely higher): Endgame Legionis, Endgame Akira, Noah Prime.

High Tiers (Low 7-B, possibly 7-B): Post-Sync Legionis, Post-Sync/Raven Armor Akira, Jena Asymptote/Apothesis, Homunculus Beta/Gamma/Delta, Strongest Chimeras.

Mid Tiers (8-C/High 8-C): Pre-Sync Legionis and Akira with Legions, Jena Aberrant, Homunculus Alpha, Mid Level Chimeras.

Low Tiers (9-A) Pre-sync Legionis and Akira without Legions, Base Jena, Aberrations, fodder chimeras.

Lowest (10-B): Base Yoseph.

Closing Statement:

That about sums up the CRT. The purpose of this CRT was to get the simple stuff out of the way and to get a verse page kicked off. We tried our best to avoid the debatable things for this CRT, so that we could get the plates and eating utensils out on the dinner table. I may or may not make a follow up CRT to cover up a few of the things that were missed in this CRT. I left a few explanations out to prevent this CRT from becoming an entire synopsis on Astral Chain, but if asked for explanations I'd be happy to provide them in the replies.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Just recently finished Astral Chain and everything looks fine to me although I don’t have the most extensive knowledge of the verse right now.

Oh, I should probably point out that the link to my calc is probably gonna be shut down in a week. I'll be able to redo it over here if necessary, I have the raw data filed away for reference. Just let me know about that when it comes up.

I'm kind of just looking for approval from a staff member so we can go on with the revisions and additions.

When the old site gets shut down, it might be wiped. I don't know for sure if it will be, I'm just ready for if it does.

The site isn't being shutdown, it's just the forum discussions that will be going. Pages, blogs, walls, etc will all still be there.

I’ve recently played through Astral Chain and I feel like the 7-B feat and 5-B feat are both environmental destruction. I’m not even sure if the characters are technically doing it to begin with and it’s more the astral plain getting helped by these characters (like the storm is stated to be caused by there being too much of the Astral’s plain’s influence in the area, not the monsters themselves, and Jena isn’t fusing the Earth with the Astral Plain, the Astral plane just naturally does that).

Though I just want to say I’m incredibly busy this week, so I’ll relook through the game Thursday, because when I was looking for the feats during my play through they come across as environmental destruction.

5-B feat comes from literally being the embodiment of the astral plane. How exactly would that be environmental destruction? The storm in file 7 was caused from the Plane's influence but the storms in other files are heavily implied to be from the presence of chimeras/homunculi

Embodying something doesn’t mean you necessarily have it’s powers. Especially since I remember Jena saying Earth becoming part of the Astral Plain is more of a natural process that slowly happens overtime.

edit: Just rewatched Jena’s speech in file 5. She says the process of consuming Earth is a slow process as it consumes it bit by bit. It is also just the reorganization of the planet location rather than a true consumption since the Earth was originally a part of the Astral Chain and is just very slowly going back.

Last edited:
What does Jena saying the earth being consumed by the astral plane have to do with being the embodiment of something not scaling to it? We also use characters embodying something as scaling for other verses so why wouldn't it apply here?

You need calc members to approve that lifting strength feat. If it's accepted then I'm fine with that. I'll go over the 5-B Upgrade in a minute and give my thoughts.

What does Jena saying the earth being consumed by the astral plane have to do with being the embodiment of something not scaling to it? We also use characters embodying something as scaling for other verses so why wouldn't it apply here?
Because of how she embodies it and how the Astral Chain is consuming the planet. The Astral Plain consumes the Earth very slowly and I don’t think it even does it in a way that would scale to ap (there was another character on this site that used to be Moon level for stealing the moon and putting it in another dimension, but it was decided that isn’t a feat and Astral Plain seems to be a similar case).

Even if the Astral Plain did just straight up consume Earth that can still be environment destruction since it’s a slow process and there is nothing showing Jena having the ability to physically strike someone with this power.

Because of how she embodies it and how the Astral Chain is consuming the planet. The Astral Plain consumes the Earth very slowly and I don’t think it even does it in a way that would scale to ap (there was another character on this site that used to be Moon level for stealing the moon and putting it in another dimension, but it was decided that isn’t a feat and Astral Plain seems to be a similar case).

Even if the Astral Plain did just straight up consume Earth that can still be environment destruction since it’s a slow process and there is nothing showing Jena having the ability to physically strike someone with this power.
Did you even read the upgrade? Noah Prime is 5-B because it is the embodiment of the astral plane which is far larger than earth and possibly infinite. The consumption of earth has nothing to do with the upgrade. The feat comes from the Astral Plane being significantly larger than the earth, not consuming it.

If that’s the entire basis for the upgrade then I’m even more skeptical. Embodying something doesn’t mean you should scale to it. There are many ways the term “embody” can be used.

After rewatching the end of the game Noah doesn’t embody the Astral Plain in a way that would make them scale. To scale they would need to be the Astral Plain itself, but they aren’t they are just a representation of it. Even then I’m pretty sure we have characters that embody things that don’t scale (like one Terraria’s celestial pillars embodies galaxies but they don’t scale to that), so it is a case by case basis and I don’t think Noah meets the requirements to scale.

Hm. So do you think the High 6-A currently in use is similarly unjustified?
Yeah. I recently played through the game, which is why I didn’t say anything earlier, but after playing through it the Astral Plain seems to do things through environmental destruction rather than in a way that would scale to characters.

Why would they have to show that they need to be the plane itself? The database directly says that it is the embodiment of the astral plane, so why would we assume otherwise? Anyways, I'll wait for griffin's thoughts on the matter.

Because vaguely embodying something isn’t itself a reason for a character to scale. We used to do that, but over the years it has become much more a case by case scenario. If they are just stated to embody the astral plane and nothing else then I don’t see that enough justification. After reading its in game description it says Noah goal is to redshift the planet, a slow process that is environmental destruction.

So because it doesn't have context that leans either way, we just blatantly assume that it leans towards the negative? Alrighty then.

Last I checked that is what we are supposed to do on this site. We go with the lower interpretation of feats unless we have evidence to assume its higher.

Edit: Ok I actually misremembered how Terraria worded its statement, so Terraria is a bad example, but I do know embodying something is still case by case. I’ll just leave my original statement below this edit to give this edit context:

Terraria’s celestial pillars embodiment is equally as vague as Astral Chains and we disregard Terraria’s entirely.

It could mean it represents it. Better example of what I’m thinking about in the CW DC universe (terrible shows but it’s the best example of what I’m thinking about) the paragons embody concepts like courage and hope, but they don’t gain literally anything from that. They embody those concepts because they are the best representations of those concepts.

Noah seems to be the same case it embodies the Astral Plane because it is the perfect representation of what the Astral Plane wants, but it isn’t literally the Astral Plane and still is using environmental destruction to steal the Earth (Redshifting is a slow process that shifts Earth into the Astral Plane, Jena described it as a reorganization and said the Astral Plane straight up consuming Earth is wrong). It also could have the power of the Astral Plane but only have in the form of environment destruction, which is highly likely considering Noah approach to taking the Earth.

The Astral Plane is different from those other examples though. Courage and hope are not physical things. The Astral Plane is literally a physical place, not a concept.

Just want to say Algol and Night Terror are 4-A for pretty much the same reason that we're trying to buff Noah Prime.

Just want to say Algol and Night Terror are 4-A for pretty much the same reason that we're trying to buff Noah Prime.
If they scale to 4-A for just a single statement of embodying their planes then they should be downgraded, because just vaguely embodying something shouldn’t just make you automatically scale.

There are many ways something can embody something and with Noah’s statement it is incredibly off hand and vague. Noah also proceeds to do their earth consuming feat with something that is definitely environmental destruction so them scaling to the Astral Plane doesn’t have any support except for a single vague statement.

The Astral Plane is different from those other examples though. Courage and hope are not physical things. The Astral Plane is literally a physical place, not a concept.
But you can embody the ideas and desires of that place. The Astral Plane wants Earth to be apart of it again, Noah has the ability to bring Earth back to the plane and it wants to bring Earth to the Astral Plane.

I just checked Algol page. He doesn’t scale to the Astral Chaos because he vaguely embodies it, he scales because he is stated to be to control it. Noah isn’t stated to control the Astral Plane, he just slowly shifts Earth back to the plane.

But you can embody the ideas and desires of that place. The Astral Plane wants Earth to be apart of it again, Noah has the ability to bring Earth back to the plane and it wants to bring Earth to the Astral Plane.
The plane does not have desires. As Jena describes, it's a storage unit kept by unknowable masters. Jena and the database describe consumption into the plane as a natural repeating cycle, not something that a thinking plane desires.

Last edited:
When I was saying the Astral Plane’s desires I referring to it dragging Earth back into itself. The natural process of the Astral Plane dragging Earth back into itself is what Noah embodies. (I know the plane isn’t sentient, I quoted that speech earlier in the thread).

Also after looking at some past threads I’ve been in with similar topics and after reading Algol’s profile. I don’t think embodying something is enough to scale Noah to the plane anyways. The reason Algol scales is because he’s stated to have control over his plane and I remember a staff member told me a long time ago that embodying something by itself isn’t a feat. Noah’s statement doesn’t have enough evidence to suggest he has the power of the Astral Plane.

When I was saying the Astral Plane’s desires I referring to it dragging Earth back into itself. The natural process of the Astral Plane dragging Earth back into itself is what Noah embodies. (I know the plane isn’t sentient, I quoted that speech earlier in the thread).
The natural process of the Astral Plane dragging Earth into it is called redshift. Noah is not the embodiment of redshift, he is the embodiment of the astral plane.

“There's also that wacky ass statement from Yoseph about Noah's Core being beyond Dimensionality.”

That wouldn’t justify Noah scaling to the Astral Plane, it would just support something like higher dimensional existence or a tier 3-A and above, but that requires way more than just that statement and it would only be minor support.

Algol is actually a perfect example of how someone does scale to embodying something. He’s stated to embody it and have completely control over it. Meanwhile Noah is the exact opposite. He’s never stated to have control or power over the plane and instead needs to slowly shift the Earth back to the plane that is described as storage and reorganization rather than a consumption or fusion of the plane and planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back