• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Massive Akira upgrades

I propose Akira(character), and by extension tetsuo(specifically his volume 5 key)be upgraded to “3-A via energy manipulation, Possibly high 3-A” for the following reasons:

In volume 4, after viewing into Akiras mind and getting freaked out, he visits lady miyako in an attempt to figure out how Akira is so powerful. After explaining to him the experiments that the government did in the 1950s, she begins to talk about the cosmic stream(or essentially the universe). She begins to speak and say that the space in this universe is boundless. This is iffy as the size of the universe is only stated very few times in the story, hence “possibly” high 3-A.

As to how this is related to any of the characters, the way the main “power” in this verse works is quite simple. In volume 6, the espers explain to kaneda what the power is. It is described as a great energy that was dispersed into the universe, it is also implied that this power is capable of stopping and directing the stream. In the latter link it is also stated that the flow(energy)is infinite.

we also debated it Here.

Which staff members helped out with the previous revision?

I'm neutral about this. However, it would be better to specify the origin of the feat in reference because of the Reference Rule and universal feat is no small feat.

Thank you for helping out with input here.

Do we have proof of Akira or Tetsuo being able to channel all the power of the universal stream at the same time?

Last edited:
Hmm. That seems very unspecified then. Maybe we should scale them from their proven feats, and add "likely far higher" afterwards to stay on the safe side?

Hmm. That seems very unspecified then. Maybe we should scale them from their proven feats, and add "likely far higher" afterwards to stay on the safe side?
I’m not sure if “far higher” is enough to encompass the gap between High 6-A and High 3-A. I believe something more along the lines of “At least high 6-A, potentially high 3-A”. Getting rid of the “possibly 5-B” because since were going higher it doesn’t matter, and potentially high 3-A because they have the potential to be high 3-A.

Maybe "At least High 6-A, likely 5-B, possibly potentially High 3-A" then?

I’m not sure if “far higher” is enough to encompass the gap between High 6-A and High 3-A. I believe something more along the lines of “At least high 6-A, potentially high 3-A”. Getting rid of the “possibly 5-B” because since were going higher it doesn’t matter, and potentially high 3-A because they have the potential to be high 3-A.
Maybe "At least High 6-A, likely 5-B, possibly potentially High 3-A" then?
Does anyone agree with what has been recently said? Need some input on this.
@Elizhaa @DarkDragonMedeus

I'm not normally the biggest fans of 3 tiers on a specific key since it often makes it look cluttered, but not against the existence. However, the proposal looks fine.

Thank you for the evaluation.

What do you think Elizhaa?

Thank you. That can probably be applied then.

Back