• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mass Title Change for Archie profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElixirBlue

VS Battles
Content Moderator
Post-Gen profiles would preferably be better if the "Super" part was removed and match the Pre-Gen profiles in naming format. Reading as (Archie Post-Genesis Wave)

Sonic
Tails
Amy
Sally
Knuckles
Shadow
Omega
Naugus

Nicole (This profile needs uncapitalized "the" in the name and its missing the dash (-) between Post and Genesis)

Some profiles/characters that have only appeared in 1 Archie continuity shouldn't have Pre- or Post- and just (Archie Comics)

Mephiles
Iblis
Jet the Hawk
Wave
Storm
SWATbot
Metal Sonic
Dark Gaia
Sigma
Power Ring
Honey

Blaze the Cat (Blaze the Cat should just be (Archie Comics) since she is the one character unaffected by the SGW and is technically the same character)

Ixis Naugus should have (Archie Pre-Genesis Wave) because he appears in more than 1 continuity in the franchise

And character profiles that are Archie exclusive, appearing in 1 continuity and don't appear anywhere else in the franchise, should have their Pre-/Post-/Archie Comics removed, leaving just their name

Julie-Su
Elias Acorn
Mammoth Mogul
Enerjak
Dr. Finitevus
Scourge the Hedgehog
Lara-Su

And I believe thats it.

Last edited:
I Agree, although when it comes to characters who only appeared in one continuity isn’t Pre-Genesis Robotnik kinda an Oddball since technically the Alternate Universe version of himself replaced him and then he was erased entirely by the wave

I Agree, although when it comes to characters who only appeared in one continuity isn’t Pre-Genesis Robotnik kinda an Oddball since technically the Alternate Universe version of himself replaced him and then he was erased entirely by the wave

They are essentially the same character. Dr. Eggman Mark 2’s history and physiology was changed as well from transitioning from pre-to-post. You could say that post is the true combination of the two.

This seems super uncontroversial and seems to do nothing but improve the quality of the profiles if anything, so I think all you need is some minor staff approval tbh.

Ye

Also a Staff who is willing to apply the changes. Regular users can’t effect the title.

Now we just need a staff member to apply the changes. When is now the question. :/

This is probably fine to apply, but I do not have the time and energy to rename all of the pages. My apologies.

Also, lots of links to the old page titles need to be updated afterwards.

Alright, I believe I've done majority of the work on the unlocked profiles. Beginning to think majority of them no longer needs to be locked tho

Last edited:
Please write a list of the EXACTLY WORDED TITLES for all of the locked pages that need to have their links updated, so I can unlock them for you with my automated script.

To fix links:

Sonic

Sonic the Hedgehog (Game Character)

Sonic the Hedgehog (Archie Pre-Genesis Wave)

Sonic the Hedgehog (Archie Post-Genesis Wave)

Knuckles

Knuckles the Echidna (Archie Pre-Genesis Wave)

Knuckles the Echidna (Archie Post-Genesis Wave)

Shadow

Shadow the Hedgehog (Game Character)

Shadow the Hedgehog (Archie Pre-Genesis Wave)

Shadow the Hedgehog (Light Mobius)

Shadow the Hedgehog (Archie Post-Genesis Wave)

-

Tails (Archie Pre-Genesis Wave)

Mammoth Mogul

Enerjak

Scourge the Hedgehog

Power Rings (Archie Comics)

Nicole the Holo-Lynx (Archie Post-Genesis Wave)

Blaze the Cat (Archie Comics)

E-123 Omega (Archie Post-Genesis Wave)

Metal Sonic v3.0 (Archie Comics)

Ixis Naugus (Archie Pre-Genesis Wave)

Sigma (Archie Comics)

Dark Gaia (Archie Comics)

What can likely stay open without issue?

Shadow the Hedgehog (Light Mobius)

Knuckles the Echidna (Archie Post-Genesis Wave)

Shadow the Hedgehog (Archie Post-Genesis Wave)

E-123 Omega (Archie Post-Genesis Wave)

Blaze the Cat (Archie Comics)

Nicole the Holo-Lynx (Archie Post-Genesis Wave)

Power Rings (Archie Comics)

Thank you. I will unlock the pages. Tell me here when you are done.

Thank you. I will unlock the pages. Tell me here when you are done.
Alrighty.

I fixed those links mistakes. Not sure how Power Ring (Archie Comics) happened. Missing the S there.

For Power Rings (Archie Comics), the only pages that are still Locked that would need update from Power Ring (Archie Pre-Genesis Wave) are:

Solaris (Archie Comics)
Aurora (Archie Comics)
The Ancient Walkers
Silver the Hedgehog (Archie Pre-Genesis Wave)
Chaos (Archie Pre-Genesis Wave)

But otherwise, I'm done overall. There might be more links I missed for other profiles but they can be spotted over time. I don't have a good method to look for them.

So, important profiles in need to return to having protection are:

Sonic the Hedgehog (Game Character)

Sonic the Hedgehog (Archie Pre-Genesis Wave)

Knuckles the Echidna (Archie Pre-Genesis Wave)

Shadow the Hedgehog (Game Character)

Shadow the Hedgehog (Archie Pre-Genesis Wave)

Tails (Archie Pre-Genesis Wave)

Mammoth Mogul

Enerjak

Scourge the Hedgehog

Sigma (Archie Comics)

The VS Community doesn't seem to care about Post-Genesis Wave characters and other characters are barely touched upon. If that isn't the case, I'll ask for those profiles to become locked as well.

Thank you. I will unlock your first listed set of pages and lock the second.

Tell me here when you are done.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for helping out ElixirBlue.

I will lock the profile pages and this thread then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back