• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mass-Energy Conversion Statement

Oh, in support of SU's ME conversion. Well so far I don't see anything against this so far. If it was done by something and stated to turn matter into energy, or vice versa, I don't think there should be a problem with it.

Well, for starters, here is the mass-energy conversion calculations that were mentioned earlier in the thread.

Peridot states that energy is used to create Gems

Peridot states that shapeshifting uses a large amount of energy compared to the output of changing one's form

When a Gem's physical body is destroyed, its so they can use their energy to recreate their bodies which, as stated earlier in the video, do indeed have mass

Those are the three i could find from memory but i do remember their being more. And yes, the cartooney youtube video is canon, its a miniseries called the Classroom Gems that explains some stuff about the verse.

@Ant

The rule is that we need a specific statement of mass-energy conversion being used.

Deconstructed into energy seems pretty cut and dry.

Edit:referring to the OP

Okay. Then I do not see the problem here.

@Weekly

Alright, cool. I'll need to calc it. My only issue is trying to find things that scale to it...

The quote in the op seems like blatant mass/energy conversion, yeah. If its used, it seems to be a similar scenario to the Nydus Worm in that despite its power its only used for transportation rather than for actually damaging things. So I ask, if a calc is done and it gets high results, would it scale to the other units, and if so, what units would scale?

@Assalt That seems more like its describing what gives it the ability to manipulate matter and energy rather than the actual process it uses to manipulate matter and energy, if that makes sense. Not sure if anything there makes enough sense to usable. At best I think the Warp Prism would get limited Space and Time manipulation.

Joseph619 said:
How do we determine Mass-Energy conversion is an actual AP feat, not hax like transmutation?
I think the OP original quote is a good baseline to decide what isnt mass-energy and what is.

Back