• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MASHLE: Magic and Muscles Discussion Thread

Damaging Mash is being stronger than his casual, and a hand movement is very casual (The 7-C feat), so yeah

Mash in first key is "At least 7-C, likely far higher"
While people who are stronger than his casual movements (Like Lance and Silva) will be something like "At least 7-C"

Damaging Mash is being stronger than his casual, and a hand movement is very casual (The 7-C feat), so yeah

Mash in first key is "At least 7-C, likely far higher"
While people whoare stronger than his casual movements (Like Lance and Silva) will be something like "At least 7-C"
So would this apply to most of the Magia Lupus as well?

I realy need to see Ryoh magic ( Light Cane) and Renatus magic ( Immortal Cane), both of them had interesting Magic

At current status it is almost impossible to finish in just 70 more chapters.
  • It is still necessary to show all the visionaries
  • Mash still needs to become a visionary
  • It is still necessary to show Zero's 5 children and explore
  • It is still necessary for Mash to reach at least a fraction of Baigan's power to defeat any son, so I believe he will have something of a training arc with visionaries
  • Zero's location has not even been discovered yet
To complete all this you need at least 150 chapters

At current status it is almost impossible to finish in just 70 more chapters.
  • It is still necessary to show all the visionaries
  • Mash still needs to become a visionary
  • It is still necessary to show Zero's 5 children and explore
  • It is still necessary for Mash to reach at least a fraction of Baigan's power to defeat any son, so I believe he will have something of a training arc
  • Zero's location has not even been discovered yet
To complete all this you need at least 150 chapters
All of these are good points. I just think its safe to take Komoto's word, and if he does make Mashle go on longer, then hey, that means more Mashle.

I don't think the Mash supersonic+ reaction calc makes sense.
It was simply sound travelling faster on solid ground IIRC, and Mash's insane reflexes picking up on it. It's not the same as reacting to an attack. At best it's an impressive heightened senses feat.
Especially with how many times Mash fails to react to transonic Macaron.
Other than that I suppose it's looking good.

Mash was able to react to the attacks, he just wasn't able to strike back, since Margarette was more than 50 meters per second ahead of him. The insane reflexes are obviously part of the reaction

mashle_magic_and_muscles_70_1.jpg

There are instances where Mash cannot visually follow Margaret's movements. That wouldn't happen if he had supersonic+ reactions. Do note that I'm not saying that Mash is completely unable to react to Macaron either.
Neither would Mash need to rely on the sound travelling on the ground to help him against a transonic attack, if he actually had supersonic+ reactions. That's just misleading.

The attack just sent sound waves that travelled faster, hence it reached Mash much faster, and Mash sensed the subtle vibrations in the wall, allowing him to deal with Macaron's transonic attack.
Mash didn't react to a Hypersonic+ movement at all. Not that it has nothing to do with speed entirely, just that it's not an explicitly direct translation to reaction speed, and that it has more to do with Mash sensing the soundwaves when it would've been too subtle for other characters to notice.

Well that's just my opinion, and I probably should've made this comment on the blog instead, but just putting this out here.

There are instances where Mash cannot visually follow Margaret's movements. That wouldn't happen if he had supersonic+ reactions. Do note that I'm not saying that Mash is completely unable to react to Macaron either.
I think you are confusing reaction speed with combat speed. You react to something doesn't mean that you will be able to attack at the same speed, you will only be able to perceive x thing at y speed, but it doesn't mean that you will move or attack at the same speed as x.

I think you are confusing reaction speed with combat speed. You react to something doesn't mean that you will be able to attack at the same speed, you will only be able to perceive x thing at y speed, but it doesn't mean that you will move or attack at the same speed as x.
I am not, I think that's perfectly clear.
There's even the panel where Mash says "Huh", more than likely because he didn't see Macaron move out of the way of his attack.
I have not talked about Mash not catching or moving at the same speed as Macaron.

A normal human can feel an Earthquake (seismic waves) on the ground, it doesn't mean we're reacting to and/or perceiving these waves at supersonic/hypersonic speeds.

And with regards to Mash's otherwordly reflexes, it's more about his MuscleForce TM being able to detect the sound waves travelling on the ground/wall than him having supersonic+ reactions.
Comparatively (and a bit tangent), someone can have supersonic+ reactions but not be able to do what Mash did because their reflexes (and muscles) aren't as good and as trained as Mash's.

In fact, it is still possible to emerge a better speed effect now that the fight with Margarette is over and it is possible that another feat faster than the sound will eventually emerge.

Although this is a bit lame, as a considerable amount of feats have been presented above the transonic.

It is not Outlier. I calculated the majority, the result was subsonic. There was only one scene where the result was hypersonic, but Mash was probably just dodging before the attack happened.

Back