• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MASHLE: Magic and Muscles Discussion Thread

Great feat inbound

adz34RGi1OrH.jpg
Hey King, what about this? Clearest shot we will ever get

The wizard literally says about his own personal spell "You can't use a tenth of your power" and Dot saying "He managed to make the power difference disappear"

Like come on bro, youre better than that

I think once the verse blows up they’ll be a lot of changes on the profiles. Outliers seem to not exist here anymore and holy shit, being directly stated slower than sound and then being FTL randomly is insane.
No I actually agree with the country level stuff as in the direct translation it literally says destroy a country

RN the best (Solid) speed feat we have is the Punch^2 which even lowballing gives MHS speeds which is more in line with the statements this chapter

So uh

How we feeling about Lightning speed Mash?
lol
It is not to be used since theres a lot of buffed feats. The translation is probably also wrong
Im referring to the country level statement, not any multipliers.
There was also a CRT
I think once the verse blows up they’ll be a lot of changes on the profiles. Outliers seem to not exist here anymore and holy shit, being directly stated slower than sound and then being FTL randomly is insane.
Except that the part about being slower than sound is for characters astronomically inferior to UFM. I respect the author's idea, the profiles follow such

No I actually agree with the country level stuff as in the direct translation it literally says destroy a country

RN the best (Solid) speed feat we have is the Punch^2 which even lowballing gives MHS speeds which is more in line with the statements this chapter
FTL stuff mainly comes from the UPM bucket blitz. Whether or not its wrong, IDK im no math wizard, that's just what's being used. And I don't necesarilly think it could be an outlier, considering it would only scale to God Tiers like UPM Mash, Doom, and anyone who can fight 50%+ Doom without getting blitzed. Eh....

It could also be an expression as well instead of literal
Yeah, thats what I was thinking. Especially considering the fight against Rhyo

Like, I understand that Hajime doesn't want to follow the laws of physics and how light really works seeing Rhyo's battle, but it's ******* weird that he imagines that a character who throws light beams and is able to create a ball of light that simulates the sun isn't at least SoL

FTL stuff mainly comes from the UPM bucket blitz. Whether or not its wrong, IDK im no math wizard, that's just what's being used. And I don't necesarilly think it could be an outlier, considering it would only scale to God Tiers like UPM Mash, Doom, and anyone who can fight 50%+ Doom without getting blitzed. Eh....
Yeah I'm aware where that value comes from I'm just saying there's a a million different ways that feat can be calculated.

The punch^2 however is very straightforward comparatively

I feel like we should have that as a backup in case Komoto decides to pull a JJK

OPM moment
I'm saying they could very well be FTL
Yeah, that would be best. While most of Nova's (the official Mashle Viz translator) translations are correct, some are off like the statement about all of the brothers being equal or superior to Wahlberg.
Yeah I was rubbing my head that chapter after that statement

I kinda coped by thinking that he was referring to his weakened self as being weaker than them but a mistranslation makes way more sense

Yeah, thats what I was thinking. Especially considering the fight against Rhyo

Like, I understand that Hajime doesn't want to follow the laws of physics and how a light really works seeing Rhyo's battle, but it's ******* weird that he imagines that a character who throws light beams and is able to create a ball of light that simulates the sun isn't at least SoL
I though Ryo's beams didn't meet the requirement based on him being able to move them around

I'm fine with it either way tho

Light Speed makes more sense

Yeah I'm aware where that value comes from I'm just saying there's a a million different ways that feat can be calculated.
The punch^2 however is very straightforward comparatively.
Yeah, that's probably simpler to calculate
I feel like we should have that as a backup in case Komoto decides to pull a JJK
What goes on in there, I only watched the first season
I'm saying they could very well be FTL
I know, I was just referencing OPM since I hear jokes about Garou stating "as tough as a mountain", like how the "lightning speed" stuff is said in Mashle. Man speed in Mashle cant catch a break
Yeah I was rubbing my head that chapter after that statement

I kinda coped by thinking that he was referring to his weakened self as being weaker than them but a mistranslation makes way more sense
Yeah, Wahlberg, the one who could originally take on IZ back in their younger days, and almost killed IZ with his Thirds had the latter not used time reversal, being only equal to Domina. The raws apparently state that the brothers are only "each of the worlds top wizards" when put through a translation machine.

What goes on in there, I only watched the first season

Basically after multiple supersonic feats and after God-Tiers had demonstrated Lightning dodging capabilities he decided to make a villian blitz them all with a speed of Mach 3

He even commentated in later chapter how he ****** it up

Now basically everyone in the verse is getting tanked to Subsonic+ to Transonic
I know, I was just referencing OPM since I hear jokes about Garou stating "as tough as a mountain", like how the "lightning speed" stuff is said in Mashle. Man speed in Mashle cant catch a break
I see
Yeah, Wahlberg, the one who could originally take on IZ back in their younger days, and almost killed IZ with his Thirds had the latter not used time reversal, being only equal to Domina. The raws apparently state that the brothers are only "each of the worlds top wizards" when put through a translation machine.
Makes way more sense

Tbf, it wouldn't affect the scaling too much, at best would open doors for a possible upgrade to Whalberg

Basically after multiple supersonic feats and after God-Tiers had demonstrated Lightning dodging capabilities he decided to make a villian blitz them all with a speed of Mach 3

He even commentated in later chapter how he ****** it up

Now basically everyone in the verse is getting tanked to Subsonic+ to Transonic
Ouch. Imagine Mashle's speed if Margarette didn't exist.
I see

Makes way more sense
It does.

Tbf, it wouldn't affect the scaling too much, at best would open doors for a possible upgrade to Whalberg
Of course it doesn't change much, besides an upgrade for Wahlberg. It wouldn't make sense for Wahlberg to only be High 6-C in Base, especially when he's stated to be the "world's top wizard", meaning he'd likely scaled above Orter or maybe Ryoh.

He would be 6-B at base actually, since the translation makes him somewhat comparable to Domina, just a little weaker
Oh, right. Well, Ryoh calls himself "soon to become the top magic user in the world", and then says even Wahlberg's earned his respect. Then Necros Mace says that Wahlberg is at the top now.

Rhyo is said to be the greatest wizard in the world at least 5 times in the series. Whalberg simple has his respect, nothing more

Rhyo is said to be the greatest wizard in the world at least 5 times in the series. Whalberg simple has his respect, nothing more
I know, thats why I said maybe in reference to possibly scaling above Ryoh. But what about Orter? He's only said to have the potential to be at the top of the world, so wouldn't it be reasonable for Wahlberg to scale to Orter or above? Because at that point he'd still be stomped by current IZ, so there wouldn't be that much of a discrepancy.

Its fine to agree with it but many people, including people who may agree with the scaling, would tend to believe it’s an outlierish statement. Considering its the only statement of its kind with no supporting feats it makes it hand to consider reliable.

Iirc squared punches isn’t quantifiable right?

The calc itself is mathematically fine, I’m just pointing out the inconsistency and the giant boost in speed with no feats in the middle.
Mash went from 2,401 m/s to 10,614,726,170.4 m/s in 2 chapters.
That’s a 4,420,960.5x difference.

The calc itself is mathematically fine, I’m just pointing out the inconsistency and the giant boost in speed with no feats in the middle.
Mash went from 2,401 m/s to 10,614,726,170.4 m/s in 2 chapters.
That’s a 4,420,960.5x difference.
Well you see, UPM is Mash's pinnacle. When he has his weights on, he's holding back, but without them, he's unleashing his full power (but still subconsciously holding back THANKS DOOM FOR THE STATEMENT NOW MASH HAS TO HAVE A VARIED TIER), so eh?
Its fine to agree with it but many people, including people who may agree with the scaling, would tend to believe it’s an outlierish statement. Considering its the only statement of its kind with no supporting feats it makes it hand to consider reliable.

Iirc squared punches isn’t quantifiable right?
Maybe Punch² can be quantified by finding the average time of a punch, maybe the top speed of a punch ever recorded since Mash is superhuman, taking the amount of times Mash punches, and then combining them

Well you see, UPM is Mash's pinnacle. When he has his weights on, he's holding back, but without them, he's unleashing his full power (but still subconsciously holding back THANKS DOOM FOR THE STATEMENT NOW MASH HAS TO HAVE A VARIED TIER), so eh?
I can understand this and willing to agree he should be a large amount superior to his base state, but 2,000,000 times faster? Not because of a statement, but a one time feat which is infinitely above anything represented within the series. I just find it hard not to consider such as an outlier.
Maybe Punch² can be quantified by finding the average time of a punch, maybe the top speed of a punch ever recorded since Mash is superhuman, taking the amount of times Mash punches, and then combining them
I don’t think we can do it like that unfortunately.

I can understand this and willing to agree he should be a large amount superior to his base state, but 2,000,000 times faster? Not because of a statement, but a one time feat which is infinitely above anything represented within the series. I just find it hard not to consider such as an outlier.
So? Mash is clearly astronomically faster than any hypersonic character. He can repeat a 221 meter run at least 20000 times in every instant (Which would make 4.420.960 meters) without Domina even realizing or even being able to comprehend what is happening (Someone who will be like, sub relativistic). There is no contradiction, Mash is simply that fast. There is no way to refuse this other than disbelief

Well you see, it's only a "2,000,000"x difference with the current calc.
I don’t think we can do it like that unfortunately.

Back