• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mash vs Yujiro (Can muscles beat the strongest thing alive?)

Okay, onto the analysis!

Both are melee fighters that take matters into their own hands. So, I'll try to go topic for topic, and also consider the intangible aspect of the fight, of how they'd interact with each other. In that regard, anyone who is more qualified about Mashle ought to correct me, I am a Baki fan first and foremost, and I am mostly depending on what is written about Mash on the profile, plus a little bit that I've read about.

AP: So, in a vacuum, Mash is likely stronger than Yujiro. He easily performed a feat roughly 2x what a considerably weaker Yujiro also did casually. However, Yujiro has so many ways to buff himself (Which, for the sake of consistency, I'll assume Demon Back only) that allow him to oneshot those who are otherwise equal to him, and so many specific attacks that hit far harder than his normal ones, that he can easily at least cover the difference between them, if not exceed. Honestly, I'd consider him as having a straight up advantage, but for the sake of the fight, I'll consider them to be relatively equal in sheer AP.

Durability: Finally something Mash can compete! So, comparing the two, their raw durability should be roughly equal to their AP, which I already covered. But what other abilities they have to support that? Well...
  • Regeneration: On his profile, Mash has shown to implicitly regenerate from quite serious wounds in a short window of time. I... am not convinced that it is quick or applicable in combat, given that we only know that it was a somewhat short timeframe, certainly not in the time we would consider this fight to be, but hey, it's something!
  • Damage Reduction: Okay, Mash's profile DR is... not impressive. That's what I meant a long time ago about to what degrees should a power be added to the P&A, if that is within the natural, not that significant levels that even normal people can achieve. That is just a solid stance to better anchor yourself to the ground and allow you to take more force easily, like a spring. It's something any volleyball player knows how to do. Compared to Yujiro, who, with Shaori alone, could take almost 100% of the energy of any attack done by the opponent and dissipate it, and has likely most of the techniques shown in Baki up until now, such as body hardening to take on more damage or skillful swaying with the attack, and I say Yujiro has far better damage reduction than Mash.
  • Healing: I don't know exactly how that works or to what level he can heal, but Mash is said on the profile as able to heal. So yay to Mash!
  • Pain and Injury Tolerance: Finally something Mash can clearly win! I mean, Yujiro has never been really tested in that front; the closest he was to really "need" to tolerate serious injury was against Baki, which is just slugging it out and managing to stay standing. Of course, he likely scales to people who has some insane feats, which would put him around Mash's tolerance level, but it isn't confirmed. What Yujiro does have going for him is the ability to contract his muscles violently to nullify pain. In any case, I'll consider that Mash is the winner here, if only slightly. Stamina would go the same.
  • Attack Reflection: Yeah, Yujiro win this one too. Mash can redirect physical projectiles and can likely do the same to someone just whipping out a punch to him. Yujiro though, hoo boy. He has dozens of techniques that allow him to control the energy of attacks, to absorb their energy and redirect it as a strike of his, and many, many others.
All in all, I still see Yujiro winning this, but depending how much Mash can heal, he can actually take this. Yujiro has better defenses, but Mash can maybe outlast him with superior healing and stamina.

Agility & Reactions: This is a fun one. Mash can fly (sorta), is even more flexible and elastic than Yujiro, do some pretty sick acrobactics and masterfully use timing against even faster opponents. Both have instinctive reactions that allow each other to dodge things without even intending to or seeing them, they can both sense stuff to a superhuman degree (Although Yujiro's senses are far, far better, I don't think that would be relevant to the fight, at least not in this regard), they can both walk on water and create afterimages, and while both can have great stealth, I doubt they'd use it. Yujiro can amp his speed significantly and scale surfaces like a pro. All in all, I think Mash has better agility and mobility, but they can both react to things in a similar level, which favors Yujiro as he can speed amp and, as I will cover, is far, far more skilled. But yeah, I feel like that Mash takes the W here.

LS: Yujiro loses in raw LS, no doubt about it. Quite severely in fact, Class M VS Class T ain't pretty. However, Yujiro has plenty of ways to punish any attempt to wrestle him down or strong-arm him to submission. He can freely and easily redirect the flow of energy (The chat he had with Strydum about "fighters can only be called that if they can see and control the flow of energy of a battle", which allowed Baki to just ragdoll a guy around who had comparable strength to him), even of people stronger than he is (Yujiro V.S. Pickle, when they met and Yujiro used Aiki), his ultraflexibility and out of the box tactics. (When Baki managed to put him in the King Tiger, Yujiro just punched through the ground with an ltra-awkward angle and managed to get out of that) Would these work on Mash? I think so, at least judging from what's there in the profile.

Skill: Yeaaah, no. Yujiro wins here. Solidly. 100%. There is a good reason why Yujiro is one of the top contenders of most skilled characters in the wiki, except for those cosmic type fellows. Mash's feats are awesome, make no mistake - his reactive evolution and countering moves after seeing them once are both awesome. But that's... kid's play to people in Baki. Heck, Baki was beyond that back in the Arizona State Prison arc, when he did both of those things against Oliva, in the same fight. Yujiro can detect the weaknesses of anyone, from their stance to their individual cells. He can replicate styles refined over 4000 years of history and trained for more than a hundred years by a living legend, just by glancing at him. He made a life out of humiliating, even in sheer skill, the other top dogs in his universe.

P&A: Not much to say here, they both have powers that the other doesn't have, but sharing many similar ones. The thing is that, in my opinion, Yujiro has more useful abilities and, the ones that they both share, Yujiro has an usually better version.

Both would immediately see that the other is strong, and would fight/react accordingly. I can see Yujiro playing around without his Demon Back for a while, before getting serious, a bit injured after the initial scuffle. Mash would have the initial upper hand for most of the fight, but that would quickly change once Yujiro got serious.

So, unless Mash has some really sick healing powers, I can't see him winning this. Yujiro would win with medium difficulties.

Shouldn't it be removed from his profile, then?
It isn't... wrong, since Yujiro really doesn't tend to use their techniques. In fact, he usually uses them just enough to annoy the opponent, and then stops using them. Heck, even against other foes, he tends to mostly use raw skill and strength.

There's no solid evidence to what Yujiro actually thinks about when he decides not to use the techniques. I'd just reword the thing to "He doesn't tend to use the opponent's own techniques against them aside of briefly annoying them" or something like that.

Okay, I will argue. But I would prefer that it not be added to the profiles. Since well, obviously it's a wrong conclusion that is established here thanks to the current arc. So I think this works more like a "Fun and Games"
Yes. Yujiro can one-hit kill someone who could fight with his base form equally, to the point of considering what said guy did as circus tricks.
Right, but why would he start with that or at least have a chance to activate Demon Back?
Mash could simply run away and catch him by surprise, and then knock him out with a chokehold (Mash's chokehold makes people more than 10 times as tough as he is unable to even realize when the attack has begun )

By the way, Mash made his 7-C feat with a casual hand movement, so arguably he scales 2 times above the result

Okay, onto the analysis!

Both are melee fighters that take matters into their own hands. So, I'll try to go topic for topic, and also consider the intangible aspect of the fight, of how they'd interact with each other. In that regard, anyone who is more qualified about Mashle ought to correct me, I am a Baki fan first and foremost, and I am mostly depending on what is written about Mash on the profile, plus a little bit that I've read about.

AP: So, in a vacuum, Mash is likely stronger than Yujiro. He easily performed a feat roughly 2x what a considerably weaker Yujiro also did casually. However, Yujiro has so many ways to buff himself (Which, for the sake of consistency, I'll assume Demon Back only) that allow him to oneshot those who are otherwise equal to him, and so many specific attacks that hit far harder than his normal ones, that he can easily at least cover the difference between them, if not exceed. Honestly, I'd consider him as having a straight up advantage, but for the sake of the fight, I'll consider them to be relatively equal in sheer AP.

Durability: Finally something Mash can compete! So, comparing the two, their raw durability should be roughly equal to their AP, which I already covered. But what other abilities they have to support that? Well...
  • Regeneration: On his profile, Mash has shown to implicitly regenerate from quite serious wounds in a short window of time. I... am not convinced that it is quick or applicable in combat, given that we only know that it was a somewhat short timeframe, certainly not in the time we would consider this fight to be, but hey, it's something!
  • Damage Reduction: Okay, Mash's profile DR is... not impressive. That's what I meant a long time ago about to what degrees should a power be added to the P&A, if that is within the natural, not that significant levels that even normal people can achieve. That is just a solid stance to better anchor yourself to the ground and allow you to take more force easily, like a spring. It's something any volleyball player knows how to do. Compared to Yujiro, who, with Shaori alone, could take almost 100% of the energy of any attack done by the opponent and dissipate it, and has likely most of the techniques shown in Baki up until now, such as body hardening to take on more damage or skillful swaying with the attack, and I say Yujiro has far better damage reduction than Mash.
  • Healing: I don't know exactly how that works or to what level he can heal, but Mash is said on the profile as able to heal. So yay to Mash!
  • Pain and Injury Tolerance: Finally something Mash can clearly win! I mean, Yujiro has never been really tested in that front; the closest he was to really "need" to tolerate serious injury was against Baki, which is just slugging it out and managing to stay standing. Of course, he likely scales to people who has some insane feats, which would put him around Mash's tolerance level, but it isn't confirmed. What Yujiro does have going for him is the ability to contract his muscles violently to nullify pain. In any case, I'll consider that Mash is the winner here, if only slightly. Stamina would go the same.
  • Attack Reflection: Yeah, Yujiro win this one too. Mash can redirect physical projectiles and can likely do the same to someone just whipping out a punch to him. Yujiro though, hoo boy. He has dozens of techniques that allow him to control the energy of attacks, to absorb their energy and redirect it as a strike of his, and many, many others.
All in all, I still see Yujiro winning this, but depending how much Mash can heal, he can actually take this. Yujiro has better defenses, but Mash can maybe outlast him with superior healing and stamina.

Agility & Reactions: This is a fun one. Mash can fly (sorta), is even more flexible and elastic than Yujiro, do some pretty sick acrobactics and masterfully use timing against even faster opponents. Both have instinctive reactions that allow each other to dodge things without even intending to or seeing them, they can both sense stuff to a superhuman degree (Although Yujiro's senses are far, far better, I don't think that would be relevant to the fight, at least not in this regard), they can both walk on water and create afterimages, and while both can have great stealth, I doubt they'd use it. Yujiro can amp his speed significantly and scale surfaces like a pro. All in all, I think Mash has better agility and mobility, but they can both react to things in a similar level, which favors Yujiro as he can speed amp and, as I will cover, is far, far more skilled. But yeah, I feel like that Mash takes the W here.

LS: Yujiro loses in raw LS, no doubt about it. Quite severely in fact, Class M VS Class T ain't pretty. However, Yujiro has plenty of ways to punish any attempt to wrestle him down or strong-arm him to submission. He can freely and easily redirect the flow of energy (The chat he had with Strydum about "fighters can only be called that if they can see and control the flow of energy of a battle", which allowed Baki to just ragdoll a guy around who had comparable strength to him), even of people stronger than he is (Yujiro V.S. Pickle, when they met and Yujiro used Aiki), his ultraflexibility and out of the box tactics. (When Baki managed to put him in the King Tiger, Yujiro just punched through the ground with an ltra-awkward angle and managed to get out of that) Would these work on Mash? I think so, at least judging from what's there in the profile.

Skill: Yeaaah, no. Yujiro wins here. Solidly. 100%. There is a good reason why Yujiro is one of the top contenders of most skilled characters in the wiki, except for those cosmic type fellows. Mash's feats are awesome, make no mistake - his reactive evolution and countering moves after seeing them once are both awesome. But that's... kid's play to people in Baki. Heck, Baki was beyond that back in the Arizona State Prison arc, when he did both of those things against Oliva, in the same fight. Yujiro can detect the weaknesses of anyone, from their stance to their individual cells. He can replicate styles refined over 4000 years of history and trained for more than a hundred years by a living legend, just by glancing at him. He made a life out of humiliating, even in sheer skill, the other top dogs in his universe.

P&A: Not much to say here, they both have powers that the other doesn't have, but sharing many similar ones. The thing is that, in my opinion, Yujiro has more useful abilities and, the ones that they both share, Yujiro has an usually better version.

Both would immediately see that the other is strong, and would fight/react accordingly. I can see Yujiro playing around without his Demon Back for a while, before getting serious, a bit injured after the initial scuffle. Mash would have the initial upper hand for most of the fight, but that would quickly change once Yujiro got serious.

So, unless Mash has some really sick healing powers, I can't see him winning this. Yujiro would win with medium difficulties.
Heads up about the healing, it was from a bunny handkerchief that was given to him by Rayne to heal up any wounds left before he went on to fight Abel. It did a pretty good job, considering he went from being cut to ribbons by Abyss, walking it off and appearing mostly fine, to having no visible injuries when he fought Abel.

Right, but why would he start with that or at least have a chance to activate Demon Back?
Demon Back activates almost instantenously, and he does it the moment
Mash could simply run away and catch him by surprise, and then knock him out with a chokehold (Mash's chokehold makes people more than 10 times as tough as he is unable to even realize when the attack has begun )
Good luck with that. Not only Yujiro has pretty respectable Stealth Mastery as well, but he has:
  • Detected Gaia, which is the stealthiest person in Baki, who could become outright invisible while being observed by the entire audience of people who had their eyes on him, by just throwing a bit of sand in the air. He can also stalk the likes of Pickle and Baki and go undetected.
  • Can sense fighting spirit in Japan while he's in Africa.
  • He can sense individual cells that will become cancerous in an undetermined, far future.
  • Quite literally smell strong men.
  • Sense the "seikuuken", which is, roughly, the area that a fighter can immediately strike into.
By the way, Mash made his 7-C feat with a casual hand movement, so arguably he scales 2 times above the result
Fair enough. I'm willing to even consider Mash to be stronger than Yujiro, really. It would make the fight more difficult but not change the result altogether.

Heads up about the healing, it was from a bunny handkerchief that was given to him by Rayne to heal up any wounds left before he went on to fight Abel. It did a pretty good job, considering he went from being cut to ribbons by Abyss, walking it off and appearing mostly fine, to having no visible injuries when he fought Abel.
That's pretty solid! I like it. He can likely last a bit longer than what I expected, then.

Okay, onto the analysis!

Just want to add while you were gone it was accepted that Yujiro has a scaling chain which would make him have the AP advantage as well.

Also, I know that the LS was pointed out, but Mash's chokeholds are no joke. As soon as he was able to put his arms around Cell's neck, the explosive force of his muscles stopped their air flow (and maybe blood flow?) In under a second, causing them to hallucinate that they won, when in reality Mash just choked him out to knock them out.

On his profile, Mash has shown to implicitly regenerate from quite serious wounds in a short window of time. I... am not convinced that it is quick or applicable in combat, given that we only know that it was a somewhat short timeframe, certainly not in the time we would consider this fight to be, but hey, it's something!
Regeneration is applicable in combat, but it is limited. Since he heals by compressing the muscles. Here for example, his body is shown to be smooth and normal by simply compressing his body, even though he has been cut numerous times. A more interesting feat was in the current arc, where he had his spine completely destroyed and yet was back in battle in seconds. The damage still remains in his body, but he can contain the bleeding and injury basically
I don't know exactly how that works or to what level he can heal, but Mash is said on the profile as able to heal.
It is with optional equipment and should be removed from the profile
Yujiro can amp his speed significantly
Mash also has amplifiers. With the Big Bang Dash he is able to overcome the reaction of comparable opponents
  • Detected Gaia, which is the stealthiest person in Baki, who could become outright invisible while being observed by the entire audience of people who had their eyes on him, by just throwing a bit of sand in the air. He can also stalk the likes of Pickle and Baki and go undetected.
  • Can sense fighting spirit in Japan while he's in Africa.
  • He can sense individual cells that will become cancerous in an undetermined, far future.
  • Quite literally smell strong men.
  • Sense the "seikuuken", which is, roughly, the area that a fighter can immediately strike into
Mash managed to take Innocent Zero by surprise, someone who when weakened could sense a fight from several miles away (Most likely Zero was out of the country considering the context). Besides, the moment Mash attack him by surprise was inside the time stop, when there was almost nothing moving. That is, Mash could surprise someone with extra sensory perception when everything was silent except him

For the record, Xiao-Lee is no longer accepted as attack Reflection. Official scans debunked that and I made a CRT about it, I just haven't gotten time to implement it.

I'll reply to the other arguments later.

For the record, Xiao-Lee is no longer accepted as attack Reflection. Official scans debunked that and I made a CRT about it, I just haven't gotten time to implement it.

I'll reply to the other arguments later.
??? The xiao lee being the ace of yujiro is because it makes him tanky to a absurd point, not because atack reflection

??? The xiao lee being the ace of yujiro is because it makes him tanky to a absurd point, not because atack reflection
I never said it wasn't tanky? I'm talking about the attack Reflection aspect, which was brought up here by Ven.

Seriously stop replying to my comment if you lack the basic reading comprehension to even join the discussion being held.

I never said it wasn't tanky? I'm talking about the attack Reflection aspect, which was brought up here by Ven.

Seriously stop replying to my comment if you lack the basic reading comprehension to even join the discussion being held.
Only one person have brougth the atack reflection, everyone else brougth Xio lee because his defensive capability
you mean the AP gap that can literally be negated by Yujiro at any time using an ability that allowed an 8-A to take several hits from him?

So I’m so tired of this point. He literally uses Xiao Lee against Nomi in Baki dou II which neg his attack. So no he still uses it stop saying he doesn’t he does. Yeah acting like Yujiro is never going to use one of the most op busted shit in his verse.
Any way this is a stomp. Yujiro big dick scaling chain with his AP with DB, Xiao Lee plus skill mean Mash is never going to do shit. Also Yujiro was dura neg techniques so at any point just kill Mash. Mash is definitely great at adapting in combat but not against a guy who can literally do the same and more.
Even without atack reflection xio lee still gives a massive dura amp

Oh, I agree with that, I remember the revision. The attack reflection bit comes more from that time that Yujiro was talking about the flow of energy in combat.

Considering the fact that high-level magic users can repel and disintegrate anything within the range of their auras, Mash should have resistance to attack reflection since he constantly fights with these wizards. But since this is not yet in the profile, you can disregard it

Considering the fact that high-level magic users can repel and disintegrate anything within the range of their auras, Mash should have resistance to attack reflection since he constantly fights with these wizards. But since this is not yet in the profile, you can disregard it
The first is EE and the second is a different type of atack reflection

Mash's probably physically stronger than Yujiro but we should never understimate the Hanma blood. Yujiro's a genius fighter, he know how to copy his opponent's move for exemple, so i'll go with him.
+1 Yujiro.

Mash's probably physically stronger than Yujiro but we should never understimate the Hanma blood. Yujiro's a genius fighter, he know how to copy his opponent's move for exemple, so i'll go with him.
+1 Yujiro.
Actually from what some people are saying, Yujiro had a pretty decent scaling chain.

Mash's probably physically stronger than Yujiro but we should never understimate the magicless blood. Mashle's a genius fighter, he know how to punchhis opponent's move for exemple, so i'll go with him.
+1 Mash.

Mash's probably physically stronger than Yujiro but we should never understimate the magicless blood. Mashle's a genius fighter, he know how to punchhis opponent's move for exemple, so i'll go with him.
+1 Mash.
Did ya even read Venom's analysis? Mash unfortunately is outskilled.

Okay, onto the analysis!

I agree with this, mashle doesn't have the healing capabilities to keep up, a revision will be done soon tho if he does get valid feats from chapters 100 and above. So yeah I guess Yujiro takes the W.

Back