• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Masadaverse Discussion thread 26

Status
Not open for further replies.
TonySansNom said:
What's up with Muzan's image on his page? It wrecked most of his throne. The throne isn't only the chair part.
The throne is too big, if we covered all of it Muzan would look too small.

Still, you could have rendered the HD Versio of that same image.

when light is gonna Translate KKK or Senshinkan OwO it gives light much more popularity and Income and i doubt translating something takes a lot of money too?

Imagine if Light actually translated K3 and it backed us up?

Imagine if it contradicted what we say?

It would be better if some would just translate them properly on a forum or wiki than using a japanese wiki which not all of us can read...

No but his input there is far more reliable than anything we can say here. He is consistent with what he says and shows so I doubt very much that a table with the Taiji Values would stay there without being corrected by Masada or other fans who have played the game.

Yeah, but not all of us can speak moon runes and that's not the best for an international wiki like vswiki. So it would be plausible if someone makes a translation in a forum or wiki than just roughly translating what is there with google translate.

It was more of a description of Taiji. It's linked on the explanation page. All of that depends on if it's from Masada or was corrected by Masada which I don't know

Atwiki just takes information in the series and puts it on the website. The Taikyoku values come from VFB, IIRC.

And atwiki is seen as legit because it doesn't add any inaccurate information, as well as Masada himself uses and comments on atwiki. It's like having the author as a wiki moderator.

Atwiki also allows us to see information that has a price tag, for free. Like certain interviews that Masada had.

It's a reliable source.

Yeah well, it would be great if i can read it because i can't read moon runes... Because i want to learn more about this series

That sounds kind of offensive and doesn't even make any sense as Japan is the Land of the Rising Sun, not the moon.

I'd recommend that, in the future, if you want to say Japanese - then just say the word japanese.

Because it is way easier to put that link from a wiki where Masada lurks and comments than like 20 scans that are all over the game.

But if you don't believe us search VNW, he has a video with all the scans about it, just ignore the TL's as it is very bad.

EmperorRorepme said:
https://w.atwiki.jp/god14/sp/pages/252.html
So all this was said in the series. Why not place the scans rather than typing it up on a wiki. I don't know if you can determibe everything there is reliable unless you've played K3. Commenting on the wiki doesn't make this page canom unless Masada has confirmed it.
Taikyoku vaules don't come from the novels - they come from guides, the VFB, IIRC.

And I know that Atwiki is reliable because people who have read KKK have said it's reliable.

And Masada using atwiki as a source, and commenting on it is added credence that the info is credible. The author himself uses it.

japanese has a much stricter standard compared to the west. i'm not really sure on what's the full rule there but simply posting all the scans could be an actual copyright issue compared to the sites on the western hemisphere like this place. rewriting the same exact info on the other hand won't be as much of a breaching of any rule and they'd only be restating what was already in canon in which case there would be no difference whatsoever because the info they put in there are practically the same thing, sometimes even word for word

thou doth complain too much

Warren Valion said:
That sounds kind of offensive and doesn't even make any sense as Japan is the Land of the Rising Sun, not the moon.

I'd recommend that, in the future, if you want to say Japanese - then just say the word japanese.
I mean it's slang for japanese language on an english forum when people can't understand japanese. It's not that offensive because it's quite common to be called that. Actually, i'm kinda surprised you don't know this. But alright, points taken.

and just as you've read for the past few post. if a user whos not only capable of using japanese language and largely contributed as to why the pages are what it is right now consider it credible, or even the author himself utilizing the aforementioned site, or how the site include information from extra materials like drama cds, visual fanbooks, etc. what really is to there to base your doubts on? you're doubting it solely for the sake of doubting it

Infera28 said:
no offense but most of people who can read japanese are pretty lazy. they never try to translating scans and important stuff and we are supposed to "believing" them cuz they have read KKK or Senshinkan!

like really translating few japanese scans is that hard?!

i hope light translates KKK or Senshinkan and gives a end this shit.
This

"no offense but most of people who can read japanese are pretty lazy"

Thats a super broad statement that can be interrupted as calling Japanese people are lazy overall, simply saying "No offense" doesn't excuse something like that even if thats not how you meant it.

I mean one people have there own lives and from what ive heard K3 is considered basically impossible to translate since it uses to much japanese slang that has no direct english translation.

if you have some problem of h ow those who read K3 are lazy to do the translations why dont u go and convince one of your friends or even yourself to learn japanese for several months or years just to read K3 if u wanna know it yourself.

Wow, so instead helping people that can't read japanese by at least translating for other's sake, you just tell them to learn japanese like it's easy. I don't know what this is if but elitism. I guess when it comes to learning japanese language, other people too should have the free time and life to learn it huh?

Its actually amazing how people here run around with untranslated scans, and everyone else just takes it at face value, but then when someone wants the scan translated as to make sure they're right, "they have lives bro, but they were able to make this entire thread, and we'll just take it without question x)", I mean if they can put it in a thread and give a synopsis of what it says, which would take longer than translating it, they can at least translate it raw, but hey what do I know.

aLLL IN ALL aALenus010 said:
Its actually amazing how people here run around with untranslated scans, and everyone else just takes it at face value, but then when someone wants the scan translated as to make sure they're right, "they have lives bro, but they were able to make this entire thread, and we'll just take it without question x)", I mean if they can put it in a thread and give a synopsis of what it says, which would take longer than translating it, they can at least translate it raw, but hey what do I know.
Actually get down to translate a language that's mostly incompatible with English in terms of grammar, speech and meaning in lots of cases. You'll see why explaining in your own words is better than literally translating, exercise in which you would be prone to committing mistakes at conveying stuff in a different language. And trust me, people get picky at that sort of stuff. I wouldn't ever do it if I wasn't confident in my ability to convey stuff... and I have my doubts on that front.

As a bonus, and because people are so anal about KKK translations, I'm leaving you a message from our all too dear Hajun. All in all it's an easy sentence to translate, I'll even leave a transcription if it's easier: õ┐║Òü«þ│×Òü»µù¿ÒüïÒüúÒüƒÒüï? It's something related to a word you hear Hajun repeat quite a lot of times, dealing with whatever it is that clings to his body. For a beginner's exercise, it's pretty alright.

Was my shit tasty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back