• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Masadaverse Discussion thread 26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, you gave 2 repsonds and then few hours later you responded again despite me not replying once. I thought you were talking to another user lol.

Ok, well I was still talking to you sorry for not being clear.

And im not saying that is fantastic writing I think theres some good and bad stuff.

Im just giving reasoning to their OPness.

Well, the story is pretty shit usually but characters has always been a top tier tbh. I think Masada power scaling writing could use A LOT of work but eh it's fine.

Nasu's battles are petty entertaining but it's too convoluted at times.

@ZERO7772

You always say the story is shit, but tbh, I like Dies Irae's story.

I think it does a brilliant way of adding tension in just the right places. Two factions are essentially playing chess with the innocent civilians of a city to try and furthur their own agendas. To top it off, is brilliantly layered characters and a world that feels both fresh and inventive while also seeming familiar in a way.

I can admit, the story concepts are kind of ridiculous (a magical vampire nazi for instance), but I feel like everything is woven to together immaculately. And I feel that the feat is even more impressive because of how crazy those concepts sound and are.

Warren Valion said:
@ZERO7772

I think it does a brilliant way of adding tension in just the right places. Two factions are essentially playing chess with the innocent civilians of a city to try and furthur their own agendas. To top it off, is brilliantly layered characters and a world that feels both fresh and inventive while also seeming familiar in a way.

I can admit, the story concepts are kind of ridiculous (a magical vampire nazi for instance), but I feel like everything is woven to together immaculately. And I feel that the feat is even more impressive because of how crazy those concepts sound and are.
well i do too, the ideas are simple but the concepts and the world are good to me, thye can be ridiculous and them can be at some really bullshit power level, but none of that would work if the thing as a whole didnt have its own charm, not the characters not the story as a whole afterall several of the characters only exist the way them do because of the story

Trexalfa29 said:
>Sees claims of country level Tenma due to "consistency".
Man it's like Pseudo Gods can turn off their Taikyoku. And they are not using it all the time. Less you believe people who can generate universes out of themselves are mountain level.
I said a Tenma with colorless Taikyoku (turned off) is mountain lvl. ik Taikyoku turns them into the living universes

we argued about Sakuna and Ootake "with colorless Taikyoku and without Kamunagara" are universal or not.

if they are universal in base form then i haven't problem with their tiering anymore. Dysmity said they are universal in Kamunagara so that is pretty doubtul if they are universal without it too. cuz that's like saying a already 1-A being needs to having Taikyoku for becoming 1-A.

and not to mention their universal base forms comes from WoG not novel itself. that's why i can't accept that.

Sincerely... and blatantly, stop speaking out of your ass. I'm browsing past threads and my eyes hurt. People are past the point of caring and it's obvious why.
Relax man. not our fault KKK isn't translated and we haven't enought info and context from KKK cuz no one ever tried to giving contex, translating evidence or scans and we are supposed to believing profiles (without proof) and japanese unstranslated claims and scans.
and no evidence = people are supposed to using headcanon as they haven't any other alternatives.

and we can't stop Masadaverse fans from arguing about KKK or Pantheon as they are fans and they have interest in talking about them. saying you can's read japanese so don't talk about KKK (when 99% 1-A Rating comes from KKK and that's a pretty important novel) or we don't know Pantheon enough so don't talk about it is useless and no one listens.

Also, Khvarenah a... fodder. The **** I just read, he's likely the strongest Maou and Muzan's main adversary.
I never said he is fodder in general. i assumed "maybe in comparing other demon kings" he is fodder. prologue told us he is one of the strongest demon kings but not strongest demon king. so there is possiblity in existing stronger demon kings. so in end that "fodder thing" was only a assumtion not something serious.

Infera28 said:
Also, Khvarenah a... fodder. The **** I just read, he's likely the strongest Maou and Muzan's main adversary.
I never said he is fodder in general. i assumed "maybe in comparing other demon kings" he is fodder. prologue told us he is one of the strongest demon kings but not strongest demon king. so there is possiblity in existing stronger demon kings. so in end that "fodder thing" was only a assumtion not something serious.
maou= demon king so trex was saying u cant call him fodder without the need of context smh. suggesting that he's probably the strongest "maou" and muzan's adversary

I would like to correct something about the fourth era. People say "they are humans like us outside of LDO/Methuselah" but it's only during the modern times. For those who did Interview or watched a LP of it, you should know that Merc's era at first was crazy. Mythological crap like beasts speaking in tongues, the first magicians could do things casually that today's like Russalka could never and were described as reiterating the origin's words 'let there be light" etc. At first, people were crazy and viewed impossible things as simple casual actions and view them as less than nothing that was simple obvious fact that even a little child could do. Snake really started that mystic power fantasy era thing at first and was excessive about it.

What changed? He started wishing for death and enchain everyone. What you see in Dies Irae is nothing but the "modern time of the end of the world" where almost everyone is nothing more than a mere and normal human "like in our world". But it doesn't mean that it represents Merc's era in its entirety.

Warren Valion said:
@ZERO7772

I mean, the narrative/Merc himself tells you the story is pretty generic/weak but his actors are top class so Masads is pretty self-aware of his writing and he focus on what he's good at "characters" rather than trying to make a really good story.

As for your opinion, honestly, Dies Irae story is way too over the top and over simplistic at times. The romance is dogshit and the antagonist barely feels like characters and just a bunch of demons, you rarely see the LDO ever do anything else in DI besides murdering or raping people so they are evil to a comedic degree.

Thankfully IWkB gives the LDO the development they need and that is a PLUS in my book but in DI in its own they fall kinda short.

This is common in masada works, but the good guys side is really boring and lame in comparison to the evil side besides Shirou maybe.

"Good story" is subjective at times but IMO Nasu's lore and story are much more interesting than Masada's but that's just my opinion.

I still think Masada's characters "especially the badguys" are the best I have ever come across. I liked IWKB especially because it focused on the LDO more.

Mercurius is a damn treat and screenwriter y'all. He made his son and his boyfriend's undead nazi wizard army fight to the death just to make a damn theatrical movie where his waifu can kill him and become God at the end.

TonySansNom said:
I would like to correct something about the fourth era. People say "they are humans like us outside of LDO/Methuselah" but it's only during the modern times. For those who did Interview or watched a LP of it, you should know that Merc's era at first was crazy. Mythological crap like beasts speaking in tongues, the first magicians could do things casually that today's like Russalka could never and were described as reiterating the origin's words 'let there be light" etc.
4th era at first had more fantasies and supernatural things such as flying places and abstractions but that stated new magicians are far stronger than old ones and basically best of the best. so Rusalka should be far stronger than old magicians and pretty expert in terms of magic.
Malie 2019-09-08 08-42-47-110
Malie 2019-09-08 08-43-14-619
Malie 2019-09-08 08-43-20-298
Malie 2019-09-08 08-43-28-728
Malie 2019-09-08 08-44-02-120
Malie 2019-09-08 08-44-12-881

But Wilhelm doesn't actually know anything about that era though? Going by the context, that's just his theory. That scene was told from his perspective so we can't really rely on it.

It's just Bey's philosophy but it's bullshit because it only applies to "nowadays" anyway. And he's talking of natural selection about something he knows jack shit about.

Mercurius and Methuselah themselves know full well how things were and they stated it. Bey can say any convolute crap of his as long as he wants but it's still bullshit anyway.

You're telling me a personified aspect of nature that has been living as a human for more than 30.000 years each reset is lying when he's saying that old magicians would do crazy shit and today's are pathetic? You're telling me he knows less about that crap than Bey who's been alive a few dozens years at most? Don't be absurd. Even Russalka would be a few hundreds at best.

ZERO7772 said:
I mean, the narrative/Merc himself tells you the story is pretty generic/weak but his actors are top class so Masads is pretty self-aware of his writing and he focus on what he's good at "characters" rather than trying to make a really good story.

As for your opinion, honestly, Dies Irae story is way too over the top and over simplistic at times. The romance is dogshit and the antagonist barely feels like characters and just a bunch of demons, you rarely see the LDO ever do anything else in DI besides murdering or raping people so they are evil to a comedic degree.

Thankfully IWkB gives the LDO the development they need and that is a PLUS in my book but in DI in its own they fall kinda short.

This is common in masada works, but the good guys side is really boring and lame in comparison to the evil side besides Shirou maybe.
He says the story is "a bit cliche", not that it was weak. As in it's about good guys fighting bad guys and saving the world while getting the girl. That's a cliche, but you know what else is cliche? Literally everything. Everything is a cliche, so saying that something is bad or of poor quality because it is cliche is just facetious. It's about how the story is told, not how original a story is.

You can have the most original story in existence, but if you can't tell it well - then it's ******* garbage. Masada, at least for me anyway, tells his story immaculately.

If the plot was too underwhleming - the story structure used would be unbelievably boring. It would be like two people arguing over nothing with each other and never getting anywhere. The high stakes make this constant back and forth story structure actually interesting. And if the story was more complicated, then it just would be a convoluted mess. Complexity isn't superior to simplicity - it's all about what suits the characters and plot's needs.

And you know, for a guy who keeps saying that the characters are great - you seem to have a big problem with the characters doing things. You can't stand when two characters who have built a connection with each other start entering a physical relationship - and you can't stand the villains doing villainy things while seemingly denying that any of the villains change.

To act like there aren't members of the LDO which endured character arcs of enormous change is just lying. Beatrice, Trifa, Kei. and Riza are examples of this.

And while I can agree romance is the weakest aspect of Masada's writing, calling it "dogshit" is way too harsh. The romance is fine, it accomplishes what it needs to accomplish, and it doesn't overstay it's welcome. And frankly, it's no worse or greater than any romance I ever have seen in any other work of fiction.

IwKB only really added development to Wilhelm through the use of two foils (Meth and Claudia) - it didn't really expand on any of the other characters in the LDO, so I don't know what you are talking about.

And I can't get this notion at all. You always complain about Ren being a boring character, and I feel like we are reading a different character. I find Ren's desire of wanting an ephemeral moment both fascinating and immensely relatable. Don't you wish time could just stop? That your happiest moment could be stretched out forever.

I know I do.

talking about a story being good or bad is pretty subjective. i have Dies Irae in my top 5 best stories ever and i almost cried with Shirou's death in Kasumi Route and Kasumi Route had one of the saddest endings ever. pretty much not a bad story at all. at least not for me.

Personally I do understand Rens desire for happy moments to last forever.

And while I dont think DI has an amazing plot I think its good and serviceable.

I think the characters are great, im a but iffy Ren but outside that I love the characters.

The setting is awesome.

And lastly I think DI has some of the best music (especially fight scenes) and art of any verse out there.

IrrelevantTurtle said:
I, too, wish for a normal life instead of becoming a hero of justice who tries to save everyone.
Not to be rude, but seeing how you have time to come a fanmade wiki about fictional characters w@anking every day I don't think there is much going in your life no? If there is, mind switching place with me?

I don't understand these calims.

ZERO7772 said:
IrrelevantTurtle said:
I, too, wish for a normal life instead of becoming a hero of justice who tries to save everyone.
Not to be rude, but seeing how you have time to come a fanmade wiki about fictional characters w@anking every day I don't think there is much going in your life no? If there is, mind switching place with me?
these statements by definition is by default "rude" you might not think its not rude but the intent is.

Zero, no offense, but haven't you been talking shit to Max since like, threads ago when the guy hasn't done anything remotely close to outright insulting you? Rarely a contributive act.

Take it down a notch, will you?

ZERO7772 said:
IrrelevantTurtle said:
Wow, first of all, rude.

Second of all, a normal life is defined pretty differently for everyone, no? For example, not having to deal with excessive stress and having enough free time to let my mind go places is what I call 'normal life'.

Frankly, I do mind switching places with you because unlike you, I don't wish for crazy stuffs to happen.

Seriously though, the chuuni stuff and symbolism are what Masada's work is well known for. The importance of 'being grounded in reality' and 'reasonable power-level' are exaggerated here especially since it doesn't fit his writing style and it might not fit people's cup of tea, since... preference is a thing here.

I dare say Masada isn't so far behind when compared to Nasu's world-building. The whole of Shinza Bansho and Senshinkan are good proofs of that. Besides, it takes some damn creative thinking to make up all the shit we see in the series.

As I said, symbolisms are Masada's great points.

Evidently, the chants are lines from Richard Wagner's operas (that deals with Ren's theme as Faust), the famous gospel Dies Irae that symbolizes Reinhard's second coming to the world (the banging Mozart music version too) and finally, various Latin quotes with a fitting end for the theme of the visual novel: A theatrical play set up by one single conductor that must end no matter what.

Wow, first of all, rude.

Second of all, a normal life is defined pretty differently for everyone, no? For example, not having to deal with excessive stress and having enough free time to let my mind go places is what I call 'normal life'.

Frankly, I do mind switching places with you because unlike you, I don't wish for crazy stuffs to happen.

I guess I was being rude, sorry about that I didn't intent for it to be that way.

Tru but when I read people saying Ren's struggle for normal life is relatable just make me wonder what crazy shit is going on in their lives.

As long your life isn't boring one sure buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back