• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Masadaverse Discussion Thread 19

oh wait that tweet...oh man tbh i would like for it to be translated. Though if they teased it around the same time maybe PL could come soon

Imagine having to figure out Kanji puzzles to translate a sex scene....

And yeah, they should drop this whole **** concept. It's holding back the series a great deal.

Qliphoth Bacikal said:
I think K3's problem also comes with it being read in vertical format like some LN you'd read in Chinese (minus actually being able to read in said language), not just it being as difficult to TL like DI if not more or so I think of it.
Well, there's that too. If they can edit it enoug in order to remove the vertical "box" and add a horizontal one then it would work but I'm not sure it can be done legally.

Also, KKK is very hard to translate compared to Dies. And Dies has... some dubious choices of translation. And sometimes it even feels like it's being described rather than acually translated.

K3's text format choice fits from a narrative standpoint and setting, but it does make it wonky to read around. Even if that wasn't a problem much for those who can read it, it is ofc still hard to TL it.

Dziga said:
Time to see if the Methuselah / Reinhard stuff is all wank or legit kek.
In b4 they are more broken than before :v

Nah but seriously, we are getting IKaBey translated Òâ¢( Òé£Ôêç Òé£) /

asked someone in discord. that's apparently father trifa in his kkk iteration as some sort of mountain sized yokai trying to pull off his briah. don't know much else about it

most chant videos available on youtube or nico are mostly edited videos, that contributes to the audio quality. and there's apparently an in-universe reason for father trifa's voice to get a distortion effect in kkk, much like the cast from dies irae have in common. they're using a language which very concept has been lost relative to that era. them saying incomprehensible nonsense make sense. even then the last part is pretty clear and audible enough, which i'd say is a pretty nice touch

Gun Slave Unit said:
most chant videos available on youtube or nico are mostly edited videos, that contributes to the audio quality. and there's apparently an in-universe reason for father trifa's voice to get a distortion effect in kkk, much like the cast from dies irae have in common. they're using a language which very concept has been lost relative to that era. them saying incomprehensible nonsense make sense. even then the last part is pretty clear and audible enough, which i'd say is a pretty nice touch
This level of autism is too much even for me.

It's like how in Dies Irae Mercurius' voice gets distorted when he is chanting, even thought he's clearly speaking Latin and every ****** knows that language still exists.

Dziga said:
It's like how in Dies Irae Mercurius' voice gets distorted when he is chanting, even thought he's clearly speaking Latin and every ****** knows that language still exists.
The latin thing is an equivalency. Basically we hear latin in the dubbing because they wanted to give the sense of "lost language" but Merc is probably not speaking latin.

It's either a language from the last heaven Merc was part of or it's Shinga's "universe" original language.

In KKK, Hajun also sometimes speaks a language that the characters don't understand. Even though the dub has him: speak in japanese, the text will be in a fictional language set by the author, basically, nonsense.

But when Habaki goes to read the altars about the last heavens, he sees that it's written in a language he's never seen before yet he can read it innately and understand.

Ren also seems to understand when Merc uses that language on him (like in Rea's route).

Bringing up Silverio, I'm hoping for it to get overseas going by that recent news of Light being interested in localizing more of their published works.

This is not a thread for Silverio series. It's not even written by Takashi Masada. You should make a separate thread if you're going to talk about it

Back