• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Masada Commanders Re-Upgrade because the downgrade was nonsense

I am only learning towards agreement due to this btw
His scale was too vast, his history too dense-- Meaning that Schreiber severely lacked the firepower to damage him.
Even so, by no means did that make it fair to assume that Schreiber was weak.
A single night was as large as half the world, and Methuselah has accumulated a countless number of them.
No matter how quick the fang, there was a limit to the area it could tear. Thus, indeed, there was no denying that Albedo's attacks were akin to an ant's to him.
Yes OP is right he was making damage but not relevant due to his regeneration and durability, although the damage he was making can't really be quantified but it was said that he was making a tear.
The only 3-A thing Methuselah has is durability lol.
Oh well missed that, but yeah that's solid too

I am only learning towards agreement due to this btw

Yes OP is right he was making damage but not relevant due to his regeneration and durability, although the damage he was making can't really be quantified but it was said that he was making a tear.

Oh well missed that, but yeah that's solid too
Agreeing with what?

The only reason 5-A existed was because we thought the characters could destroy 5-A Jaws of Darkness.

The unquantified and infinitesimal damage that Wolfgang inflicted on Methuselah's avatar is not equal to the destruction of the Jaws of Darkness. So we can not give 5-A to them.

The reason Wilhelm, commanders and Ren were 5-A was because of the Jaws of Darkness, which is a combination of 100 Nights. It was never said that the commanders destroyed the Jaws of Darkness or even number of nights.
TBH, more leaning towards Low 5-B at the moment

Methuselah easily reflected the attack of Gladsheim, which is stronger than all the commanders
The castle's defences are operated by Isaak, so i wouldn't assume the attack as automatically stronger than the commanders

even the jaws of darkness can very much be considered only a test considering they are only 100 nights while he casually used 1400 years worth of to imprison Machina

and he also reflected Eleonore's attack, who is one of the commanders. In fact, Methuselah was stomping everyone and he even got tired of them and asked their leader Reinhard to come forward and fight him.
i mean, yeah, obviously, the non-commanders litterally couldn't do anything and the commanders couldn't make lethal wounds

Also note how the commanders weren't instantly overwealmed by the jaws, which you know, would have happened if they were only 7-A

Nothing here is to scale to his full durability, so it doesn't matter

You are taking it out of context, Wolfgang punched a hole through him and shredded his body, the wounds being small is a methaporical thing because of his sheer amount of nights

And Methuselah's whole being is made of the Novemdecillions nights, so the wounds could only be on one of the nights not all nights.
A single night has the density of half the world, so it would be Low 5-B even if only a single night was destroyed per hit

The image you sent for "hole on the chest" was also a time when Wolfgang had not yet used Ber'ah and could not even affect the concept of darkness and only slightly disturbed the scientific darkness.
Nope, he litterally had just activated it before the attack

In fact, 5-A and 3-A Methuselah does not make sense either, and I will Downgrade them soon.
E

that's not Eleonore speaking there, that's the omniscient narrator

also of course it would, commanders are leagues above normal legionaries

Lastly, in that scan it is said light and dark are equivalent, not one being stronger over the other, as shown a bit later by Beatrice's lightning being instantly overwhelmed by the jaws, an equivalent amount of light is needed.

Also while this isn't a very liked argument or term to use, I think a jump of more than 6 tier for very barely affecting a guy would have qualified as an Outlier to begin with.
iirc Masada has put the Commanders on the same power league as the Paradise Lost gang in the Pantheon rankings, who have High 6-A feats

Last edited:
Technically speaking it is as insignifiant as me punching the ground, technically damaging a veeeery small portion of the planet, yet still being a random human.
That’s…an interesting way of putting things. However, just think about it, if you were able to make a wound on a guy the size of the entire universe, even if it was so small that an ant couldn’t crawl through in comparison, it’d still scale massively high.

The castle's defences are operated by Isaak, so i wouldn't assume the attack as automatically stronger than the commanders
It definitely is. Isaak is basically a pseudo-Aziluth merged with Glad after all.
Also note how the commanders weren't instantly overwealmed by the jaws, which you know, would have happened if they were only 7-A.
Imo it's just common anta not one shotting everyone despite being leagues above them.
Beatrice didn't instantly died to them for instance.
iirc Masada has put the Commanders on the same power league as the Paradise Lost gang in the Pantheon rankings, who have High 6-A feats
PL dudes are above the Commanders in his ranking.

Blast was fired from Gladsheim and Methuselah reflected it. Gladsheim has millions of souls and each commander has about 180k souls in Dies Irae AA and lower in Interview with Kaziklu Bey. It even was stated that Castle metaphorically has infinite souls, so commanders are nothing against it.

Also note how the commanders weren't instantly overwealmed by the jaws
Jaws attacked Beatrice and instantly overpowered her, turned off her lightning and began to eat her body and Eleonore was barely defending the legion with anti-darkness fire and reducing the damage of the darkness, we do not even know if she was reducing the damage of the Jaws of Darkness or other dark attacks too. No one was able to tank jaws or destroy them.

A single night has the density of half the world, so it would be Low 5-B even if only a single night was destroyed per hit
We do not know how many nights or darkness were affected by Wolfgang and how strong the wounds, which were infinitesimal, were. So this is unquantified. There is no evidence that commanders can destroy a night with one blow.

Also nights are not 5-B but let's leave it for another thread.

And then the next wounds he inflicted were so small that an ant could fit in them, so it makes sense to say that the hole in Methuselah's chest was the same size. Because we have no other criteria to calculate size.

that's not Eleonore speaking there, that's the omniscient narrator

also of course it would, commanders are leagues above normal legionaries

Lastly, in that scan it is said light and dark are equivalent, not one being stronger over the other, as shown a bit later by Beatrice's lightning being instantly overwhelmed by the jaws.
The meaning of the image was that darkness and light are two sides of the same coin, and the more light there is, the deeper the darkness, not that they have the same power. Only same depth.

In fact, it was said that Methuselah found himself powerless against the light and this was said again later.

It was also said that darkness could not reach something that shone bright enough and the only reason this happened was that Beatrice's light was much lesser and dimmer than the darkness of Methuselah's attacks and you can not remove the darkness of a cave with a light bulb.

So Yeah Light > Darkness.

Last edited:
By the way, even if I say that every night is equal to half of the earth, making holes the size of an ant in half of the earth is not 5-B.

I'm also sure that 7-A characters can damage half the density of the earth as much as an ant too.

Last edited:
It definitely is. Isaak is basically a pseudo-Aziluth merged with Glad after all.

Glad was also demolished by a Briah, so i wouldn't call it impossibly above the commanders

Blast was fired from Gladsheim and Methuselah reflected it. Gladsheim has millions of souls and each commander has about 180k souls in Dies Irae AA and lower in Interview with Kaziklu Bey. It even was stated that Castle metaphorically has infinite souls, so commanders are nothing against it.

Doesn't really matter considering the amount of souls in Glad isn't the same as the ones usable for attacks

All commander hve direct access to Glad's soul stock, they just have a limit to how many they can use at once

Imo it's just common anta not one shotting everyone despite being leagues above them.
Beatrice didn't instantly died to them for instance.
Beatrice only survived there because she dodged, her arm was ripped off and it was pretty plainly stated that a direct hit would have outright killed her

PL dudes are above the Commanders in his ranking.

"5. Machina, Eleonore, Schreiber, Lot, Ryuumei."

Jaws attacked Beatrice and instantly overpowered her, turned off her lightning and began to eat her body and Eleonore was barely defending the legion with anti-darkness fire and reducing the damage of the darkness, we do not even know if she was reducing the damage of the Jaws of Darkness or other dark attacks too. No one was able to tank jaws or destroy them.
Eleonore >>> Beatrice

also barely defending is still, well, defending

We do not know how many nights or darkness were affected by Wolfgang and how strong the wounds, which were infinitesimal, were. So this is unquantified. There is no evidence that commanders can destroy a night with one blow.
The litteral fact that Methusela is being ripped up and the omniscient narrator is commenting that damage is being done, shows that nights are clearly being destroyed

Also nights are not 5-B but let's leave it for another thread.
not the time or place for that

And then the next wounds he inflicted were so small that an ant could fit in them, so it makes sense to say that the hole in Methuselah's chest was the same size. Because we have no other criteria to calculate size.

That's litteral headcanon, Wolfgang punched through his chest, there's no denying that

also he gouged, cleaved and tore apart his body

The meaning of the image was that darkness and light are two sides of the same coin, and the more light there is, the deeper the darkness, not that they have the same power. Only same depth.
The two sides of a same coin are by definition equals

No, that's specifically because of Claudia, not all light in general

Equal light to the darkness can repell it, equilevancy, there's litterally nothing implying superiority here.

Glad was also demolished by a Briah, so i wouldn't call it impossibly above the commanders
It was a weakened and collapsing Gladsheim and Ren used an Anti-Death Briah.

Doesn't really matter considering the amount of souls in Glad isn't the same as the ones usable for attacks

All commander hve direct access to Glad's soul stock, they just have a limit to how many they can use at once
At least Read novel before revising it

Gladsheim's attack collapsed itself, and Gladsheim is made up of millions of souls. Also In all Dies Irae fights, those who had far more souls than others always one shotted them. The Gladsheim attack could also have evaporated a country, and such power was never stated or implied for commanders.

They do not have such access, Reinhard granted that access temporarily to Wilhelm. Nice fan fiction tho.

"5. Machina, Eleonore, Schreiber, Lot, Ryuumei."
Being in same rank does not mean same level of power, the power of the seven demon kings was much more than PL dudes and they are in the same rank, and the power of The Yatsukahagi is not like other people on the rank. It just means that their power is one rank higher than the previous rank. In fact, even memebers of the seven demon kings have different AP, same for members of The Yatsukahagi.

Eleonore >>> Beatrice

also barely defending is still, well, defending
I never said that they are relative.

Using fire that is anti-darkness against an unknown amount of the unknown kind of dark attacks doesn't mean you are 5-B.

The litteral fact that Methusela is being ripped up and the omniscient narrator is commenting that damage is being done, shows that nights are clearly being destroyed
And the result was wounds equal to the wounds caused by an ant.

not the time or place for that
So do not participate in that thread, I can not start a new revision in your revision thread.

That's litteral headcanon, Wolfgang punched through him, there's no denying that

also he gouged, cleaved and tore apart his body
And the result was wounds equal to the wounds caused by an ant. Damage given to us was "as much as a ant", we can't use your headcanon and increase it.

It was also Methuselah's humanoid form, only a fraction of him.

Even a 7-A character can damage half the density of the earth as much as an ant too. And we can not even quantify how much of darkness and the nights were damaged by Wolfgang. Feat is completely unquantified and outlier.

No, that's specifically because of Claudia, not all light in general
According to Methuselah, the reason for his powerlessness against Claudia was that she was light itself.

But i would never give you such orders and, in fact, i'm incapale of doing so.
You are light after, all.
All those of the dark are powerless before you.

The light, the peerless sun - he's defined Claudia as such, and that interrelation became permament.

He was weak against Claudia because he defined Claudia as light.

Also, before Methuselah even met Claudia, Claudia easily destroyed his darkness.

The two sides of a coin do not mean absolute equality in everything, and this was debunked in the story. They only had same depth.

By the way, even if I say that every night is equal to half of the earth, making holes the size of an ant in half of the earth is not 5-B.

I'm also sure that 7-A characters can damage half the density of the earth as much as an ant too.
Wolf was not trying to damage a single night tho, he was trying to tear through a countless collection of them.

Issue is, this would only apply if Schreiber was attacking a single night. Schreiber was attacking a guy with a novemdecillion number of nights. Even a hole that an ant cannot crawl through is quite easily planetary if not much MUCH higher if you know just how big such a feat actually is.

It was not Methuselah / Darkness whole being, but his humanoid form. If you read the messages I send in the thread, I do not have to repeat everything ten more times.

They were only fightning against Ludvig not all darkness in existence, that would be formless and as big as universe or multiverse, not some human standing in sky and using incantations and punches against LDO. A Single night is as big as half of the planet after all.

The human form of Methuselah is made up of an unknown amount of darkness and night, and we do not know enough power to damage it as much as an ant too. It is completely unquantified and can be either 7-A or 3-B or 3-A, we don't know. 5-B is pure headcanon.

Even damaging Methuselah's whole being is a big outlier, it is jumping from 7-A to 3-A. Of course, I'm sure a 7-A can hurt a 3-A as much as an ant too. I can literally punch the ground and tecnically damage the planet. A ant can also damage my finger, that doesn't make ant anywhere as powerful as my finger.

This image also reiterated that Wolfgang could not have damaged Methuselah

And in this previously posted image, it was said that Wolfgang severely lacked firepower to damage Methuselah

IT WAS SAID TWICE IN TWO DIFFERENT INSTANCES that Wolfgang could not damage him, so it seems more that those "wounds" were not even wounds in the true sense of the word, but only a disturbance in the darkness or some infinitesimal gapes at best.

Procastination.jpg

At least Read novel before revising it
Think about your own reading before calling others

Gladsheim's attack collapsed itself, and Gladsheim is made up of millions of souls.

Also In all Dies Irae fights, those who had far more souls than others always one shotted them. The Gladsheim attack could also have evaporated a country, and such power was never stated or implied for commanders.
and Ludwig used attack reflection against it, so doesn't matter

They do not have such access, Reinhard granted that access temporarily to Wilhelm. Nice fan fiction tho.
He litterally says it is the same an what the Einhard have, you absolute buffon

Being in same rank does not mean same level of power, the power of the seven demon kings was much more than PL dudes and they are in the same rank, and the power of The Yatsukahagi is not like other people on the rank. It just means that their power is one rank higher than the previous rank. In fact, even members of the seven demon kings have different AP, same for members of The Yatsukahagi.
Ah yes, "power tiers" doesn't mean levels of power, very bright logic there

Anyway, Tier 6 seems to more be for characters who have direct God-level sheningans (Methuselah being an inherent part of Merc's world, the Tenmas being pseudo-gods with their own laws, the fallen angels getting power from the abyss and the demon lords being able to mess with Mythra's law with the Power of Ego)

the rest is just straight forward power

And the result was wounds equal to the wounds caused by an ant.

And the result was wounds equal to the wounds caused by an ant. Damage given to us was "as much as a ant", we can't use your headcanon and increase it.

i said multiples times that it's not litteral, the narrator says the wound are massive as Wolfgang was litterally ripping apart his body, but they were only ripping ant-size holes in his overall existance because of it's sheer density

It was also Methuselah's humanoid form, only a fraction of him.
Reinhard destroyed all his darkness by nuking his physical form, so no, the humanoid form is linked to all nights

It being only fraction is unfounded from what i have seen and nothing points at it being the case

Even a 7-A character can damage half the density of the earth as much as an ant too. And we can not even quantify how much of darkness and the nights were damaged by Wolfgang. Feat is completely unquantified and outlier.
you are outright saying nonsense here.

first off, no, Wolfgang very clearly did more than scratch a single night

it's not unquantifiable because it very much IS calculable

and unless you give proof of it being an outlier, it's not

According to Methuselah, the reason for his powerlessness against Claudia was that she was light itself.

But i would never give you such orders and, in fact, i'm incapale of doing so.
You are light after, all.
All those of the dark are powerless before you.

The light, the peerless sun - he's defined Claudia as such, and that interrelation became permament.

He was weak against Claudia because he defined Claudia as light.

Yeah, no, that's litterally just showing he's massive simp

The first is not even talking about power, it's him telling Claudia that he can't control her. Which is immidatly rebuked by the fact he turned her into a being of dark

he's referring to Claudia and Claudia alone as being able to defeat him there, what he belives to be the very concept of light to his darkness, not light in general

this is further shown by the fact that Willheim (While no longer recieving sould from Glads) was able to push back against the Claudia's Briah, so darkness isn't weak to light

Later on in the novel it's explained that's because of her taking the rosary, thus becoming Methuselah's bride

The two sides of a coin do not mean absolute equality in everything, and this was debunked in the story. They only had same depth.
You do realize having depth the level of a planet is stil a feat, right ?

Even damaging Methuselah's whole being is a big outlier, it is jumping from 7-A to 3-A. Of course, I'm sure a 7-A can hurt a 3-A as much as an ant too. I can literally punch the ground and tecnically damage the planet. A ant can also damage my finger, that doesn't make ant anywhere as powerful as my finger.
the 7-A feat was perfomed before Wolfgang even became a Einherjar, so it wouldn't be an outlier for them to have become massivelly stronger

also, what are you even saying ? Scaling them to 3-A was never even considered here

And finally, you see to not understand the sheer scale of difference we are talking about here, if you do the equivalent of an ant-size for a human to a planet it would be destroying hundreds of thousands worth of square kilometers worth of land

A 7-A compared to Low 5-B is literally less than a single cell compared to a human

(Also i'd like to remind you insects are only a single tier below humans, and this is much more like taking a spoonful out of a neutron star)

This image also reiterated that Wolfgang could not have damaged Methuselah

And in this previously posted image, it was said that Wolfgang severely lacked firepower to damage Methuselah

IT WAS SAID TWICE IN TWO DIFFERENT INSTANCES that Wolfgang could not damage him, so it seems more that those "wounds" were not even wounds in the true sense of the word, but only a disturbance in the darkness or some infinitesimal gapes at best.
you sure love taking that out of context, i've provided multiple times rebuttal to that and you've just been ignoring it

Uh, since Methuselah is being downgraded possibly you may want to argue in that thread and not this one lol.

Disagree with this thread now that I decided to be involved again
No one scales to meths jaws of darkness not even Machina and yes while you are right that Schreiber damaged meth as that was stated quite a few times only that the damage was negligent and we can’t measure how much of damage he did. And aside that He was only able to harm him with his Ber’iah which is well a hax that they don’t scale too normally as Ber’iah itself is strong enough to overwrite law of the current god briefly
Anyway that’s my 2 cents on this
Now unto the other thread the main one

yes while you are right that Schreiber damaged meth as that was stated quite a few times only that the damage was negligent and we can’t measure how much of damage he did.
because of the latter's immortality, not because of actual damage done

And aside that He was only able to harm him with his Ber’iah which is well a hax that they don’t scale too normally as Ber’iah itself is strong enough to overwrite law of the current god briefly
Wolfgang's Ber'iah only gives speed, nothing that bypasses durability

His profile says he doesn't have a soul because he's a personified concept lol. This is the scan used to support it. Do what you will with it.

4E9C67C480A9CB3CFC6ACB587D1542E10643DEB4

His profile says he doesn't have a soul because he's a personified concept lol. This is the scan used to support it. Do what you will with it.

4E9C67C480A9CB3CFC6ACB587D1542E10643DEB4
The damn thing should be removed when Merc was speaking here he was explaining how meth came about and nothing about not having a soul

And a personified concept can have a soul

And to crown it all after Reinhard nuked meth, meth been a personified concept was no longer a thing he was only left with meth soul inside Ludvig body and he was literally fighting Wilhelm for a long time while explaining his cravings e.t.c. Meth has a craving only souls have craving

And literally the whole plot says he has a soul nothing says he does not have a soul

Checked meth profile and I don’t see attack reflection and spatial manip maybe I missed it but he should have it there as that’s literally his go to move

The damn thing should be removed when Merc was speaking here he was explaining how meth came about and nothing about not having a soul

And to crown it all after Reinhard nuked meth, meth been a personified concept was no longer a thing he was only left with meth soul inside Ludvig body and he was literally fighting Wilhelm for a long time while explaining his cravings e.t.c. Meth has a craving only souls have craving

And literally the whole plot says he has a soul nothing says he does not have a soul

Checked meth profile and I don’t see attack reflection and spatial manip maybe I missed it but he should have it there as that’s literally his go to move
Well, like I said, do what you will with the whole thing. I don't have any particularly strong feelings on this downgrade, but if you want, you can make a separate CRT for Methuselah.

I should reply to the meth downgrade thread and add the thread to it

The only reason I have not is well cause I have to link some scans to imgur and I can’t do that on mobile

And also spoilers meth dura is straight up 1B

Last edited:
Hmmmn actually Schreiber Briah also deals damage he speeds up and tears through anything he literally used it to escape Shirou chain iirc the same chain that could hold back Merc for a moment
that's more Kinetic energy than anything durability bypassing

also Shirou's chains come from Mellous' Holy Relic, so that's Merc being a jobber

/shrug

Anyway that said the only time Schreiber damaged meth was well while in Briah he doesn’t scale to it
again, nothing of his briah bypasses durability

hell, even the soul hax shouldn't work since Meth's mystery would boost it's spiritual defences

No, no, that means he's able to harm and attack non-corporeal things like darkness, not durability negation

Back