• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel vs Capcom Discussion Thread

Joe is up.
Thinking about how Spider-Man relentlessly insults Joe in all three of his quotes attributed to him

Funniest one is when Dormammu talks to Shuma-Gorath like "What is thy will, I will literally do anything for you : ))))" and Shuma-Gorath goes "YOU COULD NOT HOPE TO DEFEAT ME HELLSPAWN!!!!"

They were having two different conversations

But can we all agree “The sun doesn’t rise in Hell, goddess” is one of the coldest lines in this verse?
Yeah that one objectively goes hard

I also like how for Vergil's victory quote against Ghost Rider, you hear him chuckle a bit at the beginning. I like the headcanon that he was thinking up the roast the entire fight like "This is gonna be awesome when I say it" and he still finds it funny when he gets the chance

I remember there was one with Magneto and Rocket where he's like, "You've been through a lot, mutant. Lemme help you out..."

And then directly after he's just "YOU ARE NO MUTANT, YOUR LIVELIHOOD IS OF NO CONCERN TO ME, GET ******."

Also, how are we gonna handle assist characters in MvC:CoSH, or are we just gonna kinda ignore them for the time being? Maybe make brief mentions of them as summons in certain pages?

Also, how are we gonna handle assist characters in MvC:CoSH, or are we just gonna kinda ignore them for the time being? Maybe make brief mentions of them as summons in certain pages?
With guys like Cyclops and Iceman, we've had their assist capabilities mentioned on pages. For the the exclusive ones, I'm not sure. At first I thought "Maybe it could function like Spirits do for Smash on the wiki", but that might not hold up given specific characters that have earned a page are assists. We also know they can't have their own individual pages, given it contradicts the verse's page creation rules

Btw I was listening to Dormammus voice in mvc3, and I started thinking “why improve on perfection???”
Its so good. Like for his homing fireball, when he tells you to run in 3, it sounds like he's genuinely enjoying taunting you. But in Infinite, it sounds like he's a school coach telling you to run faster

With guys like Cyclops and Iceman, we've had their assist capabilities mentioned on pages. For the the exclusive ones, I'm not sure. At first I thought "Maybe it could function like Spirits do for Smash on the wiki", but that might hold up given specific characters that have earned a page are assists. We also know they can't have their own individual pages, given it contradicts the verse's page creation rules
That's what I thought about the Spirits or Assist Trophy connection. Like, under a separate tabber.

And he's up.

Whoever that user was that tried to make the “debunk”…they managed to be rude, ignorant of everything the verse’s credibility on the site was built from, and messy at the same time. Honestly very disappointing behaviour

Whoever that user was that tried to make the “debunk”…they managed to be rude, ignorant of everything the verse’s credibility on the site was built from, and messy at the same time. Honestly very disappointing behaviour
(slowly nods) You could say that.

Also, Sakura may be a secret high tier…oddly enough? Her MSHvsSF ending has her single-handedly beat Apocalypse and Cyber-Akuma at the same time. The problem here is that I was thinking this might contradict her OCW bio which claims she one day hopes to fight and even surpass Ryu himself (and we certainly knows there’s piles of evidence that Ryu is inferior to Base Akuma)

What do you guys think of all this?

Back