• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Zark2099 said:
@Carioca Well for starters didn't JLA/Avengers literally have fights which were won by a fan poll? Add to that both universes were restarted once Amalgam Comics ended.
...That's DC versus Marvel.

C'mon, read the comics before talking like you know 'em lol

Oh yeah, JLA/Avengers was that thingey, but then again, I mean both are "canon".

I didn't know that people are incapable of making mistakes and mixing up a DC/Marvel crossover with a DC/Marvel crossover was a sin against nature to be mocked, Cari

Yeah I was a bit prickish there, sorry :p

And nah, JLA/Avengers actually gets acknowledged in following Post-Crisis comics from DC and Earth-616 Marvel, DC versus Marvel takes place in the Crossoververse, an Earth shared by Marvel and DC where many of their crossovers take place.

Still though, seems iffy to cross scale. I guess we can accept powers from it, not stats tho

Anyways again, this is a deraling discussion, has anyone contacted the staff and knowledgeable members from Ant's list yet? We gotta get this done in a week guys, mobilise

The final conclusions that we talked about on my wall earlier are probably fine, unless you have reached new conclusions since then.

@Dark-Carioca Batman has his own 8-C feats, we might upgrade him but let's finish this first.

@Antvasima I already asked some people yesterday, but if there's not enough input I'll ask more.

Anyway, we should focus on finding more feats for the guys.

Spino, the sca of the tree lift is on Matt's blog. This gives various specific gravities of various woods (we'll need green values since it's literally a tree). This gives various types of trees in Central Park (Might want to ask Matt if the feat takes place there just to be sure). The Pin Oak is only outnumbered by Black Cherry and would possibly be a fairly decent guess as to the type. Specific Gravity of Pin Oak is 0.58 (Green). Multiply this by the Density of Water (1000 kg/m^3) = 580 kg/m^3.

Well my basic thoughts

• Cap/BP Tier people being 8-C is fine with me, I would like it if there were more feats on that level, but consistency of beating 9-As could be argued as supporting evidence
  • From my memory Avengers/JLA is actually rather consistent. No one loses to someone they shouldn't and people curbstomp people they should (example: Batman effortlessly crushes Punisher and Superman stomps Ms. Marvel). I do get not scaling with crossovers, but this one doesn't have any glaring issues afaik.

TreeScale
Using an IRL Tree to give us a rough (lowball) approximation:
After looking at the picture, I decided to change the scaling on the height the lightning struck off (20 px instead of 28 px, 2.495343 ft instead) I double checked and it's still 26 px diameter at 20 px high.

I input these numbers into the conical frustrum calculator and got a volume of 5.749218 m^3. Multiplying this by 580 kg/m^3 = 3,334.547 kg. (Class 5)

This is for a tree with diameter 3.24 ft at the end where Cap would be holding it, to diameter 2.25 ft at the point it would be touching the ground.

@ChemistKyle89 Huh. So Class 5 indeed?

Although someone should probably find the location of that scene. Perhaps we can try finding the relevant comic.

Zark2099 said:
X-23 is fine at 8-C, her gap isn't massive and Wolverine is stronger than Captain America IMO, Honey Badger we can list "At most 8-C" and be done with it.
I suppose that would likely work.

Also Cap throws a huge concrete slab. We could prolly try to figure out the size and then use the throwing distance formula to our advantage to get lifting strength.

Antvasima said:
So what is left to decide here?
Nothing really major, just some Lifting Strength feats.

Haven't applied the 8-C revisions yet though, Eficiente is the only one disagreeing though currently.

We still should keep looking for 8-C feats, and AFAIK, didn't BP stop an elephant dead in its tracks once? That's Class 10.

Okay. What does Eficiente disagree about?

He thinks that two 8-C feats aren't enough to necessarily upgrade him to that level despite having multiple showings of being vastly superior to the 9-A characters, an opinion Zark, Peter, Qawsedf, Spino and I disagree with. Spino's already debunked Efi's in the paragraph above

SuperAPM also seems to have no problem with 8-C Cap

Okay. I think that this can probably be applied then.

The folks on the list that "Zark will revise" should be upgraded to 8-C too for the time being

Aight, we can go ahead with the edits.

Time to focus on the lifting strength stuff.

Mainly, Cap, and if someone could find the elephant-stopping scan for BP that'd be great too.

I referred to the list Zark talked about.

Karnak, Ant-Man and Blade, even then Blade is the only character who would get legitimate tier changes proposed in relation to the 8-C

Ant-Man is at best Daredevil level physically. Blade is fine as 8-C though. Karnak is uncertain.

Ant-Man has a varying from 9-A to 8-C depending on his size (the MCU logic of pressure has some relevance in his comics scaling as well), Blade has some scaling to High 8-C due to Morbius and some other vampires being there, Karnak is an 8-C, he just has a vastly effective durability negation due to his inhuman ability of finding structural flaws in objects and... people.

I'll make better threads illustrating these points however, until then they should be listed 8-C in accordance to their prior ratings

Ant-Man (Scott Lang) is supposed to be physically inferior to Daredevil at normal size if I remember correctly. Hank Pym can grow beyond the size of the universe though, so he obviously scales much higher when growing larger.

Karnak is probably fine though.

Anyhow can I start applying the revision? If so, I'd probably prefer to edit the already unlocked ones first before tackling the locked one

Back