• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Hax Additions: Big Guns Edition

The_Impress

She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
This is one of those overly long scan reads, so buckle up.

Winter Soldier

Punisher
This is a verrry poorly written page ngl...

This all seems pretty good to me, but I'd prefer if someone with a bit more in-depth knowledge evaluated the Winter Soldier tiering thing. It seems pretty extreme, but mostly reasonable.

The mind manip resistance sounds more like a weakness on the guy? Like it's worded moreso that if they don't want to do it, they can fight back. Could be wrong.

Other stuff for Punisher looks fine.

Zark2099 said:
I mean, it's moreso implied he willed against getting mindhax'd.
He has another example of this too, it is a very weak resistance admittedly
Yeah, I understand that, but the scan (at least to me) implies that it's more that the guy doesn't have full control. Like it's more based on the controlled creature and their beliefs. It's sorta like...

...this, for lack of a better comparison.

Winter Soldier

• The Resistance to Electricity Manipulation could just be durability.
Punisher

• The Acid was affecting him.
  • The second image in Analytical Prediction has no real reason to be a prediction.
The rest is good but all the equipment would be optional.

The second image shows him predicting and intercepting Spider-Man mid way through his dodge, so it kinda seems to be as such

I'll have to look more into the pistol before agreeing with a 4-B firearm.

It is a modified firearm, so the concept itself isn't that far off, considering that specific bullets capable of piercing characters such as Hulk and Thor do exist.

In the meantime, I suppose adding the rest is fine?

WS

• Still not 100% on the pistol for now
  • Electric Resistance seems more like durability than anything. But I guess if its "Minor Resistance to Electricity" it ckuld work
  • The rest of the equitment look fine
Punisher

• All of the rsistances but acid look straight foreward to me. Unless there's other showings for the acid that indicate it can melt through things easily, I'm not seeing resistance
  • The first Spider-Man feat looks good, the second one I'm not sure on. Since he's in a Iron Man suit, which includes targeting computers
  • Equitment and senses look good to me

I have added the abilities that were agreed upon.

Can I ask for a conclusion to be reached on the Captain America AP thing so that it can be added?

I think we should just put the ratings as they are, they're fictional weapons anyway and doesn't cause any inconsistent scaling problems.

Tbh base Winter Soldier should be 4-B weaponry too as he harmed a version of Crimson Dynamo that is comparable to Ares, and Captain America's vibranium shield should just be High 6-A.

I think that it is probably fine. Illogical storytelling, but still fine.

Taskmaster's sword and Captain America's shield have not consistently been portrayed as anywhere near that powerful offensively.

Taskmaster's sword damaging anyone high tier is PIS, that thing can pierce and slash far less.

Captain America's shield is made of a mixture of adamantium vibranium which is an extremely powerful fictional material. I think it is fine to rate it as High 6-A.

You are probably correct about Taskmaster's sword though, unless it is made of special material.

Yes, but it is a blunt object, and Captain America himself can only swing it with limited force.

I don't think that we have enough evidence for consistent statistics of this degree. Sorry.

I think it is consistent enough, at least for Captain America's shield. He has pierced Iron Man multiple times, decapitated a non-adamantium Ultron and there aren't any anti-feats. Heck these feats are even on his profile, but for some reason we don't rate them.

Taskmaster has lots of different weapons so "up to High 6-A" would indicate that his strongest weapons can damage Iron Man.

His attacks with the shield are generally portrayed as much weaker than that, so it is just the usual Plot-Induced Stupidity that we can expect from Marvel, given the extreme differences in power levels between the characters.

I don't think there are examples of Captain America unable to break steel or weaker things with his shield. And for comparable characters, the shield usually one-shots them when Cap puts in enough effort.

His shield throws and bashes do not tend to consistently kill enemies of his own power level, which they would if he could hit with Multi-Continental force. It wouldn't make any sense to rate him so ridiculously higher than his own statistics without very consistent raw power displays of this scale.

I would appreciate if you permanently drop this subject, as I am likely never going to change my mind about that it would make the profile extremely unreliable to insert such ratings.

This is Marvel Comics we are talking about, and using the same logic Rhino should kill Captqin America with a casual punch, but he doesn't. If Cap's shield one-shots comparable characters and harms High 6-A ones multiple times, it's consistent enough imo.

Anyway is it fine to apply the Winter Soldier stuff in the OP?

Well, it still doesn't make any sense for such a low-powered character to have such a high attack potency rating with a blunt object.

We don't have any choice with Wolverine, even though it is ridiculous, given that he is so consistent in this regard and uses extremely sharp objects (claws), but Captain America is not nearly consistent enough to not count such instances as outliers. Perhaps an "Unknown with shield" rating instead?

The Winter Soldier stuff can probably be applied, yes.

Back