• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Comics speed scaling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright so in Darkanine calculation, he calculated Storms lightning, and Ant said that the 5 second timeframe is good enough. The 5 second timeframe gives a result of Mach 7902.671 (There are other Mhs+ feats from other characters in Marvel characters)

Now the problem is this would scale to all "street level" characters. Why? Because Sam Wilsion (Falcon/Captain America) in two different instances Blocked and dodged Storms lightning. Also I'm pretty sure Storm can react to her own Lightning (Black Panther fought Storm as well)

So is this going to be another Mhs+ speed feat, we say isn't consistent enough with other showings or does it get scaled?

Hmmm well idk on this maybe on reactions as they blocked and dodge so either PIS or reactions from what i see

This could also end up that all the MHS char, would become MHS+, not sure about it.

I think that we have to consider this as calc stacking. Not all writers portray the speed of a character's attacks as equally fast in all instances.

Even if the 7902 mach is calc stacking Storms lightning is mach 1200 since it scales to actually lightning regardless this would be another Mhs+ feat

I dunno, lightning as long as its portrayed to be realistic should be considered to have realistic speed. it's still MHS+ but way more safe than arbitrary timeframes.

Treating her lightning as Mach 1200 in general should be fine.

I suppose, although I doubt that his speed will be above Massively Hypersonic.

He would have to dodge it from a less than 1.2 meters distance to qualify for anything higher.

Well Nightcrawler did teleport everyone out of the building before storms lightning could destroy the factory so in the story Nightcrawler reacted to her Mach 7902 lightning

As soon as the lightning got fired Nightcrawler teleported to rouge then teleported everyone out of the building before storms lightning destroyed it.

Fast4.png

It does not seem like he did it while a specific bolt of electricity was approaching the building, but rather just before the storm had the chance to destroy it. People had the chance to have verbal conversations in the meantime.

Colossus was getting prepped to tank the lightning bolts that were about to destroy the building (if it wasn't for Nightcrawler teleporting them out of the building before that could happen) Shouldn't matter that a specific bolt was going to hit them the aoe from the bolts where going to when they hit the ground. To the people the x-men suddenly disappeared and so did the robots and the buildings

That is not at all how I perceive the above scan. There is a major difference between evacuating from an oncoming thunderstorm, and dodging a lightning-bolt that is already approaching you.

@Antvasima There is a major difference between evacuating from an oncoming thunderstorm, and dodging a lightning-bolt that is already approaching you

No one in the scan dodged the lightning bolts, they reacted to it, one of them teleported them out of it, another one of them decided to take cover knowing it would blow up. The people saw the xmen disapper in a instant and the factory as well

You will have to show me more scans of the full context to convince me, but again, that is not at all how the above displayed scan reads to me at all.

The x-men are fighting the small sentinels

Storm5.png

Rouge and nightcrawler decide to go to where they are and destroy the machines

Storm7.png

Storms decices to shot her lightning, which Immediately destroys 3 giant sentinels (note that a giant sentinel is bigger than the factory the x-men are on) then the lightning goes to the factory the x-men are on

Storm8.png

Okay, but it still took a little while before the lightning bolts were launched against the factory. That is still not remotely the same thing as teleporting out of the way when a lightning strike is already moving towards you from a close range.

"Took a little while"

so what timeframe do you suggest? (you stated five seconds, but now?)

I do not know. I do not think that the feat is quantifiable, and am getting very tired of this discussion.

Applying Darkanine's calc result to Storm's lightning is fine. Using it on every instance someone dodges it is not. In those cases, you have to use base Lightning speed and calculate the feat.

Yeah I get That, but the feat above wouldn't, but Ant suggests it's unquantifiable (so i don't know)

No, I suggest that Nightcrawler teleporting away from her lightning storm is not possible to quantify, since we do not know how long time it took before any lightning bolts were launched towards the factory.

"Against that kind of elemental fury, the sentinels don't stand a chance: not the ones on earth or there buddys up in space storm nails 'em all"

Either way lets discuss this another time I'm going to look for some other feats (A month should be fine)

Okay. Should I close this thread then?

Just a note:

Regular members cannot close their own threads, only remove them, which is a waste if there is useful information within them.

As such, you should leave closing them to the staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back