• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heat seeking missiles do, and they seem to be the type he uses for his homing attacks, looking at the Marvel wikia

Nitpicking honestly, but I had to answer this, No they don't, warheads don't operate differently based on what they track and what they don't

Heat seeking Missles are meant to track infared signals and heat, not explode because of heat.

War Machines Missles aren't heat seeking either Im pretty sure they're radar guided

Nitpicking accepted, that sort of info is interesting to me.

I mean flares are used to counter IR tracking IRL, so an inferno would likely render their homing useless.

also, assuming his warheads have contact based detonators, would the shockwave of an explosion make them go off?

Epiccheev said:
Nitpicking accepted, that sort of info is interesting to me.

I mean flares are used to counter IR tracking IRL, so an inferno would likely render their homing useless.

also, assuming his warheads have contact based detonators, would the shockwave of an explosion make them go off?
I just said they aren't infared, they're radar guided.

I dunno

To remind everyone:

This War Machine's AP is at around 231870 tons TNT.

This Genos' AP is at around ~113900 tons TNT.

So War Machine is still the stronger character. Not to say he has much stronger lifting strength up close. (Also means Genos' adhesives are not quite useful after all) And speed is equalised so Genos cannot spam range even with his limited flight (while James Rhodes has true flight).

Nigatoni for my reasons and any RA.

To be honest, while War Machine might have the higher AP from scaling to Hulkbuster I do think his H2H skills are far worst then that of Genos. Wat Machine tends to rely far more heavily on his shoulder turrent in battle and once to play a range game. Genos has no issue with charging in and his greater skill I feel would allow for him to move around and adapt to any close ranged hits War Machine will try and sneak in.

Not just that but I also think Genos has shown better battle tactics and intelligence in general in comparison to War Machine which only pushes the battle in his favor in my eyes.

The only thing I really see in favor for war Machine is what he can do at range and his overall superior AP, though I think its a bit lower since we have no real showings from this War Machine. And in the case of using range, I think Genos's own tactics should allow for htim to avoid damage and get in close for his area of expertise. Not just that, but most of War Machine's weaponry is ballistic which means that most of his weaponry is something that Genos should be able to deal with it and is nothing the cyborg hasn't seen before.

I vote Genos, due to superior skill and tactics.

I mean, missiles can be shot before they reach you and they're not impossible to dodge, though I will say the latter very unlikely in Genos's case. Not just that, but AOE becomes less of an option the closer Genos gets so it's not something he can spam without problem. That's the only AOE I know of that War Machine really has and uses.

Duedate8898 said:
I mean, missiles can be shot before they reach you and they're not impossible to dodge, though I will say the latter very unlikely in Genos's case. Not just that, but AOE becomes less of an option the closer Genos gets so it's not something he can spam without problem. That's the only AOE I know of that War Machine really has and uses.
Wouldn't that make things worse???

If he tries to get close he will get bombarded with AOE unlike if he stays far in which he can dodge better

The reason I said its less of an option is because War Machine doesn't have a lot of room to cover with his AOE and once Genos gets close enough he runs too great a risk of getting hit with his own explosions. War Machine actually lacks the range for his AOE to be more effective with Geno coming in closer.

Well the argument may continue until things are resolved.

Just the grace clock ticks and "match results" can be added once things are resolved.

There said, Genos is actually striking at ~113900 tons TNT (pre-G4 upgrades) and ~227.8 tons TNT (post-G4 upgrades, for scaleable to Pri-Pri-Prisoner who defeated G4 at half his strength). Lifting strength remains at Class 25 pre G4 upgrades and Class K post G4 upgrades.

While MCU War Machine is striking at around 231870 tons TNT and lifting strength rests at ~50 tons at least (for lifting a tank) and possibly Class M (for matching MCU Iron Man).

Saying Genos wins because of better close combat skills is moot since the enemies he fights and wins have lower lifting strength.

Then it comes to his AoE thanks to the famous Incineration Cannon - War Machine has information analysis and will know what Genos is up to when he prepares to load for his IC.

My words overall. Feel free to stay or change votes

I mean, Genos doesn't try to grapple though? Like why does LIfting Strength matter so much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back