• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Cinematic Universe Speed Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you suggest we put? I'm unsure myself of Vision, but I do remember him keeping up briefly with Ultron, first to disable his connection to the net, and the next in the finale of Avengers vs Ultron drones.

Vision is shown to be on Thor's level, or even stronger while Iron Man was beaten by Captain.There is no way Vision is getting downgraded or Iron Man upgraded.

Personally, I'd rather we not take any scaling done in Civil War seriously, as they themselves said that "It's not a real fight", "Well, my plan was to go easy on them" and even their own armaments show that. Widow didn't have a gun, Hawkeye didn't have actually threatening arrows, War Machine had to switch to a different set of armaments when he was gonna get hit by the truck courtesy of Giant Man, Iron Man's repulsor sounds muffled and shows a small burst of what looks to be compressed air rather than the usual high-pitched plasma.

Kkapoios said:
Vision is shown to be on Thor's level, or even stronger while Iron Man was beaten by Captain.There is no way Vision is getting downgraded or Iron Man upgraded.
Civil War tends to ignore the power levels of the characters.

Vision has never flew at supersonic speeds, and Ultron managed to practically stomp him alone later on until Thor and Iron Man join in. I don't think keeping up with a city level character makes your AP city level too. It's an indication of inflating. Damaging him (without any backup) would been reasonable, but in this situation, it's not.

In the end Vision was the one to completely destroy Ultron (though i don't remember if it was Ultron's main body or not), he is powered by the Mind Stone and is able to use it on some extent, his body is made out of vibranium so his durability is legitimate, when Thor was getting owned by Ultron Vision was the one to save him by hitting Ultron with Mjolnir.

As for his speed, i don't find it illogical for him to be able to fly as fast as Iron Man and Ultorn, he was built after all to be Ultron's weapon and even simple Ultron Sentries have these kind of speeds.

Kkapoios said:
In the end Vision was the one to completely destroy Ultron (though i don't remember if it was Ultron's main body or not), he is powered by the Mind Stone and is able to use it on some extent, his body is made out of vibranium so his durability is legitimate, when Thor was getting owned by Ultron Vision was the one to save him by hitting Ultron with Mjolnir.

As for his speed, i don't find it illogical for him to be able to fly as fast as Iron Man and Ultorn, he was built after all to be Ultron's weapon and even simple Ultron Sentries have these kind of speeds.
Cool, mind showing me Ultron Sentries flying at supersonic speeds? Even Ultron himself hasn't shown this type of speed. A video would be fine.

Vision hit Ultron with Mjolnir as you said, it's not part of Vision's standard gear, it's Thor's. Vision having City level durability is fine, but I'm skeptical towards his AP. And one last thing, he destroyed an Ultron Sentry (not Vibranium) with Ultron AI himself inside it. Were not even sure how powerful the stone is, maybe in Infinity War, we can discover, but not today.

Well, Vision was tangoing with Ultron here, though he was punched to a wall, and blasted Ultron out of the building with his forehead beam. Ultron was only able to orient himself once he hit the ground. I think it's a good showing, however brief it was. Scaling however, is iffy to me.

Thor on the other hand was nowhere in trouble from what I saw. You wouldn't really smile and joke around if you're being choked with one hand and about to be punched with the other, unless it won't really faze you badly.

I mean, look at that mug.
Thor getting choked by ultron

MCU Vision's profile explicitly states that Vision's AP is "City level (Damaged Ultron's Vibranium form)". Seems unclear to me.

Well, I think it'd be better to change it to (Briefly matched Ultron's vibranium form) if we plan on keeping his current ratings that way.

Although, Vision never harmed Ultron by himself, not until he shut down Ultron's internet access (which is a hax, not an attack). Briefly matching someone doesn't make your AP the same as him, but that's my just opinion. The best Vision could do (by individual feat not involving power-scaling) is cutting a skyscraper in half, which would make him building level.

As for the speed?

I'm unsure tbh. Building level is rather low for someone supposedly among the top tiers of the team.

Speedwise, he scales in subsonic speed, but has no showings of fast flight sans probably that of pulling Wanda out of the bus in AoU while the city was falling. How fast that is, idk.

Gemmysaur said:
Well, I think it'd be better to change it to (Briefly matched Ultron's vibranium form) if we plan on keeping his current ratings that way.
By that logic Iron Man will be on that level because he briefly matched and held his own against Thor even before 400% power boost. Note that Thor was angry on that instance because he started the fight by throwing the mjolnir on him. If Thor held back, he couldn't have thrown the mjolnir. Plus he has an AP feat that is capable of super heating or possibly amping the spire made from vibranium, I forgot to remind this.

As for Vision matching Ultron, it is possible that Ultron held back.

To be fair, Thor was visibly weakened in the Avengers movie, due to his method of arrival. Also, why wouldn't he be able to throw Mjolnir while holding back?

Let's compare.

Thor's throw against Iron Ma

Thor's throw against Malekith

It's rather clear that he was either holding back, or it's the case again of him being weaker.

His needing to charge up a few seconds first before shooting lighting in the Avengers

His barely any charge up lightning in Thor

His no charge up in Thor TDW

His no charge up in Thor TDW - agai

His no charge up in Avengers AoU

The heat seal is unquantifiable so we can't really use that. That, and you can't amp vibranium since it will just absorb and release energy. The seal was, by it's name, a seal to keep the lightning from just shooting down the length of the spire and getting farted out by the landmass at where Iron Man is.

But yeah, they're not all that relevant here.

Vision did hold Ultron down with his forehead laser, if that means anything. Enough for Thor and Iron Man to join in. If Ultron was much stronger, he would've done something; push back, shoot back, do the gravity control thing to uproot chunks of concrete under Vision, anything.

The same weakened Thor that was able to destroy Sokovia. His durability should be comparable to that. And why would Vision be City Level AP just because he briefly fought and staggered Ultron with laser, with the latter not even damaged until a blast combination from three?

I think the speed argument is finished if I am not mistaken.

I think that Kkapoios seems to make sense.

Please don't quote a entire wall of text. Quote one part or mention the person you're referring to in a comment.

Anyways, Thor was weakened ONLY in Avengers. None else, due to how he was summoned to Earth without the Bifrost, which is dark magic.

Vision staggered Ultron with the forehead laser and, as Kka said and Ant agreed to, was meant to be Ultron's greatest body. He was built for a reason.

Wall of text means a comment that's very long. For example, mine that you quoted earlier and Ant edited out.

True, it was mean't to be Ultron's greatest body, but we are not sure about the extent of that power. Vision body is primarily designed to phase through objects and density manipulation, not mass destruction.

Also, these aren't the only downgrades I suspect, but Iron Monger should be downgraded from High 8-C to 8-C (since he only fought Mark 3 Iron Man, which is building level). Sif and Heimdall should not be scaled from Loki because the former two are asgardians, whereas Loki is a frost giant.

And Ultron's prime form, which is his fall-back after Vision got taken from him, was meant to do neither, but it still did the job.

One has an armor made of Vibranium, the other has his entire body, muscle, skin, etc. laced with Vibranium.

At best that I can think of, We can go with City-level durability and Unknown AP.

Maybe. I can go with Subsonic, Likely Supersonic since he's built to be Ultron's supposed final form, and Ultron knows about Stark's tech considering he came from one and ate Jarvis on the way out.

For me, I can't really accept Vision being likely supersonic without any proof. In actuality, Ultron and all of forms/sentries never displayed this type of speed. What if Ultron doesn't know supersonic?

Ultron, who was hacking the missile codes of different countries in the world until he was stopped and locked out of it. Him not knowing supersonic is rather stupid imo. No offense.

Yeah, he never showed it. His sentries may or may not be capable of that speed, but they're meant as fodder anyway, to cause destruction.

His main body was never to fly at that speed because he never got the chance to. It's better to slow down and make twists and turns rather than fly fast in one predictable, straight line when in a aerial dog fight after all.

Regardless, that's only my opinion on the matter, and I was using what I see to be logical. I think Kkapoios is the best person to comment here, but iirc, he's rather busy so there's that. Perhaps other people can give their input.

I'd rather put Iron Man speed upgrade in this thread too. Don't like to spam creating more threads.

Please do not mention "Shotgun armor (Mark 39) having the top speed of Mach 5, and it is the fastest suit". It came from a wikia site, and it is definitely not reliable.

Considering your title, adding Iron Man here for revision is fine.

Marvel Cinematic Universe Speed Upgrades/Downgrades

The feat is weird to say at least.When Iron Man escaped the destruction of his house it took him hours to fly to that isolated vilage but once he needs his suits he can summon it in matter of seconds/minutes.

I think so too. Perhaps, outlier? Until we get confirmation that it's not though.

It was the same with City level Thor back then.

I don't remember the details but the difference in distances would have to be enourmous to explain the time difference.

Also there is another thing, that was the suit without Tony in it.

You sure? I think when his Malibu mansion was destroyed, the weather looks like the time is afternoon, and later on, when he arrived on Tennessee, it was evening, probably 7:00 pm (19:00) at least, so it take probably like 2 hours to arrive there. Also, don't compare that to this, of course they are different. Not all the time they are the same.

Tony had deployed J.A.R.V.I.S. assistance in the house attack while underwater, and what if that wasn't full speed when he travelled to Tennessee?

The person doesn't change the armor's speed when inside or outside. The weight doesn't affect it. Tony Stark isn't that heavy and is not a fat man.

I'm not the best at evaluating calcs, however if other calc members approve of the change then I am fine with the suggested revision.

The High Hypersonic calc for Iron Man itself seems fine, but I'm not sure about the context for the MCU so I can't tell if its an outlier or not. Skimming the thread gives me the impression that it is.

Darkanine said:
The High Hypersonic calc for Iron Man itself seems fine, but I'm not sure about the context for the MCU so I can't tell if its an outlier or not. Skimming the thread gives me the impression that it is.
Considering Thor is Massively Hypersonic in flight speed, I don't see this an outlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back