• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Animated Universe Discussion Thread

Bump
Just finished episode 8 of season 2 of F4
It seems that Terax has been retconned a bit in the show as now he became Galactus's herald after the Silver Surfer dipped, as opposed to him serving Galactus alongside the surfer in season 1

Anyways feats in the episode:
-Terax lifts up the entire island of Manhattan alongside a large chunk of earth
-Invisible Woman creates a dome around Manhattan so everyone doesn't die from lack of oxygen
image.png

-The F4 actually manage to fight Terax pretty well until he does the whole lifting Manhattan move
after this Terax tells the F4 to fight Galactus and then Galactus shows up and he tells them Terax betrayed him and tricked him into absorbing a polluted planet which weakened him, but he drains the energy from Terax and turns him into worms i think i'm not sure?
image.png

-Then Galactus wants to eat the Earth because of how weak he is, but Thor shows up and he fights Galactus with the F4 and they actually do pretty well but he eventually overpowers them and Ghost Rider has to show up to penance stare him at which point they decide to save Galactus and he leaves and calls them his friends

I wanna calc Terax lifting that chunk of Earth but i don't really know what i could use for scaling (i'm not too versed with 90's manhattan you see), do you perhaps recognize any of the buildings in this shot?
image.png

On episode 9 now
-Hulk fights with the Thing and you get Things statement about his hook being able to flatten Mt. Rushmore
-The Thing appears to have the upper hand against Hulk at the begining, tho Hulk eventually gets the better over him (probably because of his rage power which he mentions in the fight)
-Hulk attempts to crush the Thing with a big pillar before smashing him into it which appears to destroy it (tho we only get a shot of part of it fragmenting but it doesn't appear in any later shots besides fragments)
image.png

-Ben Reily makes a 3 second cameo, this isn't a feat but it's cool
image.png

-Sue uses her powers to make the Thing invisible to help him against the Hulk
-Reed throws Doctor Dooms gamma gun at him which explodes and blasts him away, Reed also shields Rick Jones from the blast, later Reed mentions that the explosion helped him recover from the fever he was having, Doom did remark the gun should've killed Reed in his weakened state but i guess he was just wrong? Anyways could this be some sort of resistance to radiation?
-Sue manages to protect herself and the Thing against the Hulk with a forcefield for a while, but faints after the Hulk pounds on it for long enough, she manages to get up pretty quickly to protect the Thing again tho

Not much happens in episode 10 in terms of feats
-Super Skrull gets broken out of the volcano he was trapped in in season 1 (nice continuity thingy) by a skrull laser, i'm not sure if anything would scale to it unfortunately
-Super Skrull is shown to completely fine with being submerged in lava so that's a showing of heat resistance (granted he should've had it already due to having Johnny's powers but i suppose this is a supporting feat of that)
-After breaking out Super Skrull goes after Sue's and Johnny's dad who's currently in prison and transforms into him while sending him away to the skrull planet so that he can then pretend to be him going insane from taking a super serum, this could be an intelligence feat for Super Skrull for coming up with something so elaborate although considering he should have no idea their dad was in prison this could also very likely be something he was told to do by the other Skrulls
-The atmosphere on the Skrulls planet was shown to neutralize the F4's powers, which maybe could be a weakness listed on their profiles?

Episode 11 is mostly a flashback-fest with Impossible Man going through the F4's house and looking at pictures of events that probably should not have pictures of them happening
Near the end of the episode Impossible Man turns into Galactus and effortlessly defeats the Super Skrull (who was chasing him for an unexplained reason) by kicking him into space, he also shows off the ability to fire energy blasts while in the form of Galactus

For the sake of not making too many posts i've decided to cover episode 12 and 13 in the same post
Episode 12 now
-In order to release the Inhumans from an inpenetrable dome that covered their city (this happened in an earlier episode but i may have forgotten to cover that), Blackbolt screams, destroying the dome and leveling the city, it is also notable that the other inhumans were shown to be incapable of breaking the dome, so Blackbolt should safely upscale from them all
-The F4 go on an island for a vacation and end up getting in a fight with a kree century (who it turns out is voiced by mark hamill), who attempts to kill them by creating a massive tidal wave of water, Sue and Crystal manage to hold the wave back briefly with their powers to give Johnny enough time to burn a moat for all the water to fall into
-Crystals powers end up causing seismic tremors that rupture a volcanic plate and cause an eruption that destroys the island

Onto Episode 13 or the series finale
Due to the amount of text i decided to spoiler the feats from the episode, tho this also doubles as a spoiler incase you want to watch the finale yourself
Doctor Doom tricks the Silver Surfer and steals his power (i swear the previous seasons finale was literally this)
-The Thing gets smacked by Doom into an electic billboard, and withstands the voltage to rip out a chunk of it to smack Doom with, this should give the Thing electrical resistance
-The Thing jumps on Dooms surfboard and pummels him multiple times as they crash into the ground, this is another showcase of Ben being able to keep up with heralds tho it is mildly inconsistent as if i recall he got bodied by Doom with Surfers powers previously
-Doom shoots a laser at the Thing that immobilizes him and turns him into a "living statue" as he says, he also mentions he's slowing down Ben's metabolism so i suppose this would be Biology Manip? Crystal is also able to turn him back to normal by speeding up his metabolism, so that's also a power for her
-Doom turns a tie Sue is holding into a snake, he then attacks her and Reed by creating a cyclone that hits them with furniture, Life Manip and Air Manip
-Sue and Reed manage to hold their own against Doom pretty well, Reed gets a hit in and knocks Doom off of his surfboard and dodges a few blasts Doom fires at him, While Sue manages to stop his cyclone with a forcefield and knock him back with a blast (i don't recall her being able to just blast people before in the show so this may be a new power)
-Doom states he can create any weapon he wants, then makes one to smack Reed in the hand
-Johnny shows up and lights the cottage they were fighting in on fire (while also getting a hit in on Doom of course), which results in it exploding due to him lighting a gas line, the explosion leaves a crater and is shown knocking things back and Doom tanks it
-Reed mentions that he noticed Doom had no intention of killing them, so the F4 getting hits in on him can probably just be explained by that
-We get a scene of Doom screawing around with his powers, he beats up the Avengers and traps them in a forcefield Vision can't pass through, turns stone gargoyles to life, lifts a piece of the ocean floor, shrouds a town in complete darkness and passes by a place and covers it in snow
-The Silver Surfer tells Doom that his power could destroy a galaxy if misused, so pretty clear 3-C statement
-Johnny is revealed to have been practicing a move called the supernova blast which he uses on Doom, creating an explosion that can be seen from space
-Doom manages survive the blast by turning his body into a crystal that can withstand a million degrees celsius, and then creates a tornado to chase Johnny
-Doom cause a tree to grow massive and wrap around the F4's Fantasticar
-Doom crushes the Thing between two boulders, which the Thing manages to shatter
-Doom causes lava to erupt from the ground, and Sue manages to protect against it
-Doom fires a blast that freezes Johnny and cools his flames
-Sue tricks Doom into ramming into a rock by turning it invisible, which is really funny
-Doom states he has the power to desintigrate living matter, and he was about to use it on the F4 before being interupted by a device made by Tony Stark
-The device was able to fly to outer space, where Doom attempts to chase it and hits a barrier that was set by Galactus to prevent the Surfer from leaving Earth, giving the Surfer back his power
-Upon gaining back his power the Surfer destroys the tower he was being kept in by Doom

Last edited:
I wanna calc Terax lifting that chunk of Earth but i don't really know what i could use for scaling (i'm not too versed with 90's manhattan you see), do you perhaps recognize any of the buildings in this shot?
image.png
That's supposed to be Manhattan? I don't recognize any of those, but one of those seems to be the Chrysler building, maybe

Reed outright says it's Manhattan in the episode

If i had to guess which one is the Chrysler building i'd probably say this one, tho scaling might be a little difficult since it's covered up by other buildings
image.png

It's the only option, unfortunately.

That one building that looks like a giant arch looks fictional, unless those are the twin towers but they screwed up drawing them.

Big MAU update: The verse now has just about every major character from the 1982 Hulk cartoon

It has taken me many years to complete these, especially Hulk's, now it's done!

Spec or EMH are objectively the best (Silver Surfer is pretty awesome as well), but I will always hold Spider-Man TAS dearest to my heart.

Not in the slightest, it's pretty bad overall

If I had to rank most of them...

sunOf3F.png
Agree with the placements for the shows that i've seen
Although the Iron Man and Fantastic Four animated series went through such massive changes in their 2nd seasons you could very well rate the seasons seperately (you probably used a premade tier list that didn't have that tho)

Is it because superhero genre was relatively new to japan back then or what?
To me the animesque influence just doesn't meld well with the Marvel aesthetic and just makes it seem a bit weird, and they also seem more like products advertising the movies or the MCU, with fancy-ish animation but not much in terms of story or characters.

Although the Iron Man and Fantastic Four animated series went through such massive changes in their 2nd seasons you could very well rate the seasons seperately (you probably used a premade tier list that didn't have that tho)

It was premade but even with that in mind, I take the show into consideration as a whole package regardless of some of the changes those two went through, 'cause overall I would still say they're good, even if they have flaws that get on my nerves like the comic relief MODOK.

MODOK not killing people isn't really the problem, the problem is how he's basically Mandarin's sub for the entire show, he becomes serious for like a quarter of an episode when he's finally without Mandarin but when he comes back he starts acting like a joke right away, it's kinda sad really

Hulk doesn't have a link from there
Added

Back