• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel: Angel Key Addition

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Impress

She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
This is a fairly basic key addition.

Proposal is to add a 9-A key to Archangel's file, to reflect his original Angel statistics, Since the two are noted as being statistically different.

9-A mostly comes from Le Peregrine scaling, a character who matches Angel, and also is able to harm Black Widow.

Another feat, although I may be missing context, is the AvX fight, where in raw physicals, Angel seems to match Hawkeye evenly.

I know about the 60s nuke feat, but that's just... a REALLY wacky comic where Angel turns evil because of tanking said nuke, and the comic has very inconsistent distance established, between the nuke and Angel

This seems fine to me.

I dunno, it seems more like Cyclops is saying that Archangel’s strength and speed are enhanced in general, as opposed to specifically being enhanced from his Angel self. I don’t doubt that Archangel is stronger than Angel, but it doesn’t seem like that scan is really implying that.

Also citation pls
9-A mostly comes from Le Peregrine scaling, a character who matches Angel
I wouldn’t call this matching, I would call this Angel getting bodied. He doesn’t land a single hit on Le Peregrine, he only gets knocked around and even says, and I quote; “This clown’s fighting rings around me!” This would be durability justification at best.

Also citations
Another feat, although I may be missing context, is the AvX fight, where in raw physicals, Angel seems to match Hawkeye evenly.
This is good though.

I dunno, it seems more like Cyclops is saying that Archangel’s strength and speed are enhanced in general, as opposed to specifically being enhanced from his Angel self. I don’t doubt that Archangel is stronger than Angel, but it doesn’t seem like that scan is really implying that.
Seems too assumptious of you, Angel was never really stated to be stronger, before
Also citation pls
X-Factor Vol 1 54
I wouldn’t call this matching, I would call this Angel getting bodied. He doesn’t land a single hit on Le Peregrine, he only gets knocked around and even says, and I quote; “This clown’s fighting rings around me!” This would be durability justification at best.

Also citations
You can read the fight whole, next-ish page is Angel overpowering Peregrine (with LS admittedly), and I feel while strikewise Peregrine is stronger, Angel genuinely doesn't seem that far behind

Contest of Champions #3, the original.

Seems too assumptious of you, Angel was never really stated to be stronger, before
I don’t see how it’s more of an assumption to assume Cyclops is saying “Archangel has enhanced strength” as opposed to “Archangel is stronger than he was as Angel” but ooooookay.
You can read the fight whole, next-ish page is Angel overpowering Peregrine (with LS admittedly), and I feel while strikewise Peregrine is stronger, Angel genuinely doesn't seem that far behind
I read the fight and the only blow Angel lands on Peregrine is with a weapon. So I guess you could scale him off of that? ¯\(ツ)

I don’t see how it’s more of an assumption to assume Cyclops is saying “Archangel has enhanced strength” as opposed to “Archangel is stronger than he was as Angel” but ooooookay.
Because it had never been mentioned prior Angel had enhanced physicals :/
I read the fight and the only blow Angel lands on Peregrine is with a weapon. So I guess you could scale him off of that? ¯\(ツ)
Yeah, you're typically not tiers lower contrasted to your weapon :v

Okay. Thank you for helping out.

Should we close this thread then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back