• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel 4-B calcs big problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Confluctor

VS Battles
Retired
Right now, we have two 4-B calcs listed on Thor's page and one for Surfer, which is on the verse page. And it's causing issues for all 4-Bs of Marvel. I will drop the link to all 3 below.

Thor shakes worlds with 2 hammers
Surtur's portal
Surfer's 4-B calc

First problem, we aren't listing Surfer's calc on his page, despite it being accepted. So, I think we should change that.

Now onto the main problem. Thor's AP justification states this:
Shook the stars while wielding 2 Mjolnirs, and hence should be capable of attacking with half of that yield normally.
However, in addition to that, we have this;
Mind you, the entire first arc of Mighty Thor 2011 by Fraction explicitly suggests that Thor > Surfer, albeit but not a huge degree. Which is rather consistent with these two characters. Surfer has been shown as almost equal to Thor various times, so this whole justification causes some issues. Now, if Thor with two hammers can only produce around... idk, two hundred foes, but is more powerful than serious Surfer, then there are some issues. Also, I think the Thor calc might be missing some context. It's been a few years since I last read Aaron's Thor stuff, but IIRC, Thor was weakened in that arc. I believe all Gods weren't at their peak or something because of what Gorr had done to that place.

So, my proposal is to;
  • We need to identify which calc to use between these three as the main one for Thor. Because most people assume that thor would only cap at 13 foe or something.
  • The justification needs to be changed slightly to consider the greater context. While Thor definitely is stronger with two hammers, it doesn't mean he caps at that. I am sure we have much higher showings for him, which makes this justification look questionable.

Thor's calc is a huge lowball. The calc assumes that it reached 2 stars, so it assumed that it only shook the Sun and Alpha centuri (the closest star) in terms of distance. Plus it was a side effect of his attacks, so again, by no means a limit. Also it's 13,000 foes, as in 13 thousand, not thirteen. Anyway not sure if it can be calced, but young thor did create a black hole as a side effect from his attacks:

main-qimg-11a182ad396a1533296fd6f745940d12-lq

tbf thor is in this weird spot where the only reason other characters can harm him is because he holds back a lot. I'm sure he has more feats going against cosmic entities than solar system ones.

Numbers are not my things, hate them.

But yeah, there are other feats. I just think that having these contradictory statements/calcs is kinda confusing.

Scroll down to ap from black holes

Thor's calc is a huge lowball. The calc assumes that it reached 2 stars, so it assumed that it only shook the Sun and Alpha centuri (the closest star) in terms of distance. Plus it was a side effect of his attacks, so again, by no means a limit. Also it's 13,000 foes, as in 13 thousand, not thirteen. Anyway not sure if it can be calced, but young thor did create a black hole as a side effect from his attacks:

main-qimg-11a182ad396a1533296fd6f745940d12-lq

tbf thor is in this weird spot where the only reason other characters can harm him is because he holds back a lot. I'm sure he has more feats going against cosmic entities than solar system ones.

I don't believe Thor created the black hole because we can see Gorr opening a space rift and summoning his shadow monster right before the scan. Thor did nothing more than throw Gorr through the portal that had already been opened.

https://i.imgur.com/adW70Qh.jpg

Scroll down to ap from black holes
so there's no way to calculate the mass using the size of the black hole?

edit: oh wait nvm I managed to do it, looks like it's dwarf star level though.

Last edited:
Don't look at me fam, I don't do black holes, that's more up DT and Executor's alley.

The premise of the thread is not to calc new feats, that can be done at another thread. The premise here is to clarify contradictory information on Thor's file and add the calc to Surfer's page.

@Oliver_de_jesus @Kulf_Boba you guys read Aaron's run recently, right? Was Thor kinda weakened when did the world shaking feat, right? Or am I misremembering?

By the way Thor's feat of shaking the stars is actually 4-C High.
But keep in mind that this is only a small fraction of the energy dissipated by Thor's blows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back