• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
SS is slower without his board, even by feats, he's still slower.

That said, he has a clear hax advantage, imo, and also has more raw power/durability overall, MMH will be hard pressed to really harm him with conventional means, and even if he does, SS can easily regenerate from that.

So, while SS is significantly slower in all but travel speed, he can afford to take MMH's attacks. So it'll basically become an hax battle, and SS outmatch his foe with it.

I give it to SS mid-diff, he's slower by a large degree but he can tank whatever MMH dish out, and regenerate from it at worst, while having hax that can defeat his martian foe.

I took a look at his feats, and while most of his telepathic feats are offensive (planetary telepathic skills and the ability to send his thoughs to other galaxies), he could also defeat the Other (an entity on Galactus's level, or perhaps just slightly below)'s mental attacks by channeling his power into his mind and free himself from the influence of Moondragon (a very powerful telepath) before withstanding one of her's attacks, while she was amped on the mind gem.

This is a bit tricky.

Both have hax (no explanation needed), resistance to hax (I'm sure both could resist their telepathy) and can ignore hax from the other (such as intangibility)

Surfer seems to have superior everything except for a massive speed advantage and experience. I also think that his greater pool of hax (specifically time-based) will give him a substantial advantage despite Martian Manhunter's matter manipulation.

Ultimately I see Surfer winning with high difficulty

That's Superman, not Spectre, or am I missing something?

If he did break into the specter tho, then he might win via Star Wars vs Naruto blitzmindhax

It sounded more like he read his mind than dominated him. Might be leaning more to MM now with that said, however.

This could go either way tho.

Depends on who gets first shot. I would be tempted to go with Manhunter as his telepathy is insane (he has solod entire Justice league before by himself). It won't be very easy since Surfer is a decent telepath himself.

Lets see if somebody else votes for Surfer. Even Surfer's versatility might not be a match for big green here

I think we can effectively equalize the telepathy feats. Spectre isn't really a consistent feat shower and that includes durability and power so I think that mental resistance probably is just as inconsistent. We also can't really quantify mental power, we can however say that both are planetary plus effortlessly.

That said. SS's other powers outmatch MM. So I think SS is winner.

Ravianii said:
I think we can effectively equalize the telepathy feats. Spectre isn't really a consistent feat shower and that includes durability and power so I think that mental resistance probably is just as inconsistent. We also can't really quantify mental power, we can however say that both are planetary plus effortlessly.
That said. SS's other powers outmatch MM. So I think SS is winner.
Martian Manhunte can all living being's mind in galactic range, plus he has far more telepathy feats compared to Surfer. He has mind controlled entire justice league, despero, captian atom, and even crazy psychopaths like Joker

Galactic? Ima need to see that. And Silver surfer is consistently high level whenever it comes up. Having two feats that encompass earth's entire population. Captain atom isn't really a psychic feat and I forget whether insanity is typically a psychic defense in DC. Obviously the league is a feat if thats true, but I'll have to look into if that was all at the same time, but whether all of them outweigh planetary? Thats a difficult balance.

Ravianii said:
Galactic? Ima need to see that. And Silver surfer is consistently high level whenever it comes up. Having two feats that encompass earth's entire population. Captain atom isn't really a psychic feat and I forget whether insanity is typically a psychic defense in DC. Obviously the league is a feat if thats true, but I'll have to look into if that was all at the same time, but whether all of them outweigh planetary? Thats a difficult balance.
Superman himself has resistance to telepathy, as does Flash. Mind controlling Justice League should be a bigger feat than mind controlling average humans on planetary scale.

Manhunter has indeed read mind of people in galactic range, i will post scan later.

I am changing my vote to Surfer, he should be able to resist MM telepathy long enough to counter back. Surfer has too many abilities for MM to counter

Back